This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

&%$(^@&$&@)# mice....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: &%$(^@&$&@)# mice....
    Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 1:28am
they had a heyday in our fifth wheel this past winter/summer! there wasn't no where in there they hadn't been in/on! all the mouse repellant/poison (about 6 different kinds) did no good! the full bottom cover is no better than leaving it all out in the open! they even found their way up into the upper cabinets! PffffT! gotta gits a new coffee maker, they built a nest in the grounds basket! pillows full of holes. only thing that worked was we had one of them igloo water coolers in there, the lid was off it, and there was 4 dead ones inside that! guess i'll puts that back in there with a little grain in the bottom!
Sponsored Links

desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 5:29am
 Well,,,Good Buddy,,,,,I'm havin kinda the same problem with them dang mices,,,,
 The Fifth Wheel  we have up in the mountains is gonna have to be replaced prolly after this years Elk/Deer hunts.......
 When we took it up there bout 4 years ago,,,,I thought bout removing the fold down dish antenna on top but it did go up and down good ,,so,,I left it on,, Bad Call,,!!  Last year(I think) the dang winds had been blowing it up and slamming it down till it broke the bolts loose,,,,and gave them dang mices ,,,,and,,,the rain/ snow a dang good place to go right on in,,,,Jon and his Girlfriend went up a couple of months ago and told me the trailer must be full of mices,,,,cause he could smell em and their droppings everywhere,!!!!,,,PLUS the roof leakin thru the antenna mounts has ruined the cabinets around the sink and stove plus one mattress AND,,,the floor,ect,,,CHIT,,,,chit,,chit,,!!!
  I'm thinkin,,I'm gonna drag it back down here and remove the fridge, stove, heater and bathroom stuff and wreck out the rest of it. Thinkin I may use the fifth wheel frame and make me a nice trailer that will haul the D14,,,?????Clap
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 6:12am
DJ have a GOOD look at the 'frame' ! I'm thinking it'll just be thin tin sheet steel bent into U-shape NOT designed for heavy 'point' loads, rather even weight all over. 'They' shave every ounce off the frames they can so increase the payload(ice and beer are heavy...)
My D-14 weighs 3800#, took old 16' camper to scrapyard last month,so I KNOW what it weighs.
BTW, if you don't need the width, you can cut down the axle tubes.

as for the mice, I'd install a few 'rodent repellers' aka ultrasonic noise makers, hook them up to car battery and solar cells for 24/7 protection.

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 9:48am
  Well,,,you might have a point there,,,Jay,,,I had thought  to save the frame as it is a fifth wheel instead of a tongue pull and axle hubs are 6 hole wheels. I have no idea how much my D14 weighs with the backhoe and loader so,,,I should know that first,,,, 
  The fridge is a 4' that works great on either  12VDC, 115 or propane. The stove also works good with upper and lower ovens.
  Some time ago, I did a job for the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center here, and wount up with 3 contractor style trailers, 30 Ft long and in good shape inside. I sold two of them for good money and kept the best one as I had planned to move some interior walls around to make a sleeping trailer for the place up in the mountains,,so guess I'll go ahead and go with that plan now,,,,,,Clap
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 9:54am
I'm thinking with loader /BH you'd be close to 7,000#.
5 bolt rims are on 3500# axles, so X2 = 7000 BUT you have to SUBTRACT the 'unloaded' trailer weight which could be 1500-2000# depending on steel and decking.
What I found interesting is that 'mobile homes' have 'one way' tires and brakes. They say right on them 'mobile home use'( or similar...). Low quality, designed for ONE haul from factory to it's final location. I heard delivery guys remove and toss out them axles...
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 11:30am
Shameless, put some water in that cooler.  They are always looking for a water source.  They'll get in for a drink and drown
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 12:24am
that cooler sat in the middle of the floor, dunno how they gots in it, but they couldn't get back out! maybe puts sum anti freeze in it for over winter? I won't use it again for drinking water. I puts Clorox and water in it, swished and scrubbed it inside, could still smell dead mice in it after drying! YUCK! we've made it to the camp ground, the old lady.....oooops….I mean the loving wife and myself puts a lot of time and elbow grease into cleaning up the trailer, looks an smells nice after airing out! nice and cool out tonight, shut the a/c down and opened the winders! I think my external antenna is rusted down, will try sum panther pee on it tommarrow. we both really like the trailers layout, lots of room in the living area with the full wall slide, small kitchen is great as we seldom use anything there cept the sink sometimes. have never used the microwave, stove, or oven. came without a fridge, and that's fine too! I may install a small freezer inside sometime. I also don't think i'll put it back in the machine shed again!
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 11:05am
Shameless you need one or a couple two three of these.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 8:07pm
thanks Chas...i'm prolly gonna do that!
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 11:28am
He has taken them on vacation now 

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 1:09pm
hope they jump out at the campground!
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 1:41pm
There not illegal aliens being born and raised at Shameless's Place, but there goes the campgroundhood. Imagine their shenanigans. LOL

Edited by chaskaduo - 13 Sep 2018 at 1:42pm
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 4:46pm
 Hey Good Buddy,,,,where you camped at,,,? Ole Ted called me wantin to see if I could find out where you was at,,,,him and ole Darrel is wantin to go play a mean tric,,,,,,er,,,,UMmmm,,, never mind,, just tell me where you at,,,,Clap
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 8:44pm
i'm within 75,000 miles of my place! in that direction! sun is shining here and the wind is light!
allis g View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allis g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 9:44pm
Them mice are from Alberta gettin back at you for that machine you got
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 10:34pm
I'm thinking about putting the cat, a big bag on cat food and a large litter box along with a 3 gallon chicken waterer in ours. . seriously, don't buy mouse poison at a discount store. I think they love it. That is supposed to be scarcasam or however the heck you spell it. You gots to use them quite regular, keep moving the motor home around to cornfuse the little critters. Park it up on the cement??? Might help.
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 6:39am
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

Hey Good Buddy,,,,where you camped at,,,? Ole Ted called me wantin to see if I could find out where you was at,,,,him and ole Darrel is wantin to go play a mean tric,,,,,,er,,,,UMmmm,,, never mind,, just tell me where you at,,,,Clap

Sure Joe, get me in trouble with man who can make my winter miserable! Darrel
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 6:51am
  Well Darrel,,,,,,You DID say you was kinda low on moisture last year,,,See,,,if he doubles up on you this year,,that should bring up last year so you be evened out,,,????WinkWink
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 8:02am
Says the Man in the Desert.
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by chaskaduo chaskaduo wrote:

Says the Man in the Desert.

Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 8:53pm
Build one of those 5 gal bucket traps with a beer can covered with peanut butter. Antifreeze in the bottom makes for a more effective, all weather trap
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 6:07am
 Well,,,I just HAD to go look and,,,,and,,,theys a whole lot of mice haters on youtube,,,with all kinds of neat lookin traps,,,,,some of those people are pretty resourceful,,but then again,,,some go to lots of trouble just to kill mices,,,, 
Darrell G (MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrell G (MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 8:05am
Gentlemen I had the same problem for years, now have a dozen cats running around the ranch and no evidence of mice in anything, tractors or motorhome.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 9:36am
 Ten Four,!!  Darrell,,,,,,when I was gonna thin the Garage Crew down to less than a couple of em,,,,, the wife threw a shoe as she has always had a soft spot for them pus,,,er kitties,,,,,,Wink,,so,,they is still in thar,,all 6-10 of em there,,,,except for the one that died in there a couple of weeks ago,,,,,,,DANG,,but was that a stink,,,it finally stopped smellin after I threw both garage doors and the rear one open for 5 days,,,,whew,,BUT they ain't no meeces around here,,,,,Clap
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 10:15am
I got three cats here and the only mice I ever see are either dead or half eaten.  One of my dogs is just as good a mouser as the cats, but she usually does her huntin' in the far south pasture.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 7:50pm
Shameless, I WUS in NAPA yesterday and I saw a bunch of boxes, said mouse repellant on them. Oscar, the counter man , says it is good stuff. Lottsa guys using it in combine/tractor cabs. He says a box lasts 30 days, cost was about $12.00 per box. Good luck with the little ol suckers.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 7:23pm
I think I've got a dead one inside a wall in the shed.  STINKS in there.  Just have to wait till it goes away,,,,,whew!!
It's this time of year that you need to get the traps out and get serious.....dang things!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 11:47pm
Tom...it works real good cuz that is what they is trying to sell! the local feed store sells some kinda non working stuff too, but they say it is the bestest! read somewhere that says apple cidar vinegar (that stuff that Joe says I gotta drink) is a good mouse/rat deterant. as bad as that chit tastes, it might work! I boughts a gallon jug, gonna pour it around the outside. we'll see!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 11:48pm
maybe i'll try and live trap them, puts them ina box and mail them to someone?
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 5:14am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

maybe i'll try and live trap them, puts them ina box and mail them to someone?
 Well,,now just go ahead and take me off thet list you got,,,I don't need any meecees,,,and,,,,and,,,I got your address too,,,!!!!Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic