This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mc Rib

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mc Rib
    Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 11:34pm
Gotta go to moms on Wed or Thursday. Will drive right by a Mickey D's. I think I'll have 1 on the way to moms and later bring 1 home with me. About the only thing I can eat there.
Sponsored Links

PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2021 at 6:37am
Mystery meat from the Clown Palace, NO WAY Thumbs Down Anything from most fast food places for that matter. Too many great local owned places around to spend my money at a franchise place. 
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2021 at 8:30am
McRibs are pretty good.. I really like the double quarter pounder with cheese deluxe.. Great sandwich.  McD has about the best french fries that money can buy !

Edited by steve(ill) - 02 Nov 2021 at 8:31am
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2021 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by PaulB PaulB wrote:

Mystery meat from the Clown Palace, NO WAY Thumbs Down Anything from most fast food places for that matter. Too many great local owned places around to spend my money at a franchise place. 
Sadly, the Health Department has "paroled/shut down" more "local" places than ANY franchise institution CryCry !! 
I'm sorry, the McRib is a VERY tasty sandwich for the $$ ClapClap, I'll pass on the DR Pepper though Embarrassed !!

Edited by FREEDGUY - 02 Nov 2021 at 5:57pm
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2021 at 5:56pm
Well Tom, you put the thought in my head, did the 1 dollar deal on my way home this evening, got attaboy points for taking the wife one.
Maximum use of available resources!
iowallis View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iowallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 9:04pm

My local McDonald's franchise owner lives 3 houses from my brother and sister in law. Her store puts a lot of money back into the community, especially the schools. The Hardee's franchise owner graduated with my brother. The Taco John's  owner (until he retired last year) was a member of the same church I go to. I don't understand your point of these not being local places considering the franchise owners are local people.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 6:38am
Originally posted by iowallis iowallis wrote:

My local McDonald's franchise owner lives 3 houses from my brother and sister in law. Her store puts a lot of money back into the community, especially the schools. The Hardee's franchise owner graduated with my brother. The Taco John's  owner (until he retired last year) was a member of the same church I go to. I don't understand your point of these not being local places considering the franchise owners are local people.
Was thinking much the same thing.  There are some "multi location" big business owned locations, and I think corp. owned stores (used to be anyway), but yes, a lot of them are owned by a local and do a lot for the community as you say.
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 6:44am
Yea so how much franchise fees does she have to pay that never does anything for the local community? 
  When it was not a dangerous mission to go out around stranger that had no common sense about the best interest of the general well being of the entire public, We could go to a local mom & pop place and the tow of us could get a nice sit down meal for what most pay for a franchise meal at those mystery meat places.   
  For all the mystery meat lovers: Have you ever seen the movie "Soylent Green" ?
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 8:21am
Local McD is open 24 hours a day and probably hires 20 or more high school kids /others as help. Does a lot for the community... always a line or TWO at the drive thru.. Lot of people on the go and need something FAST.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 8:50am

Yea so how much franchise fees does she have to pay that never does anything for the local community? 
  When it was not a dangerous mission to go out around stranger that had no common sense about the best interest of the general well being of the entire public, We could go to a local mom & pop place and the tow of us could get a nice sit down meal for what most pay for a franchise meal at those mystery meat places.   
How much franchise fee do they pay?  What does that matter, if it's part of the business expense, and there's still money left over to do good for the town?  Look, I love a good mom and pop shop, and IF I have time, will choose it over fast food.  But, scrambling as usual, had a McD burger yesterday, and gotta say it was pretty good.  Ate it while driving.  
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 10:09am

Hey TBone,,ten four on the McD burger,,I just wish they would do the flame broil like BK does. I ain't done any cookin since my Honey passed and I been trying all the fast food places but sure gettin tired of them,,,,,,
 I don't know what the deal is with the local BK as since the last 3months or so they been so frigging SLOW, slow to take your order at the drive thru and slow to deliver the order!!  I asked the mgr why and she said they could not hire enough people for full staff,,,! I told her that McD didn't seem to have that problem as they seemed to have TOO many hanging around,,,but you can get your groceries in 6 minutes or less but BK is at least 15-20!!  Gonna start goin elsewhere,,,, 
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 10:14am
Hey Joe!  Think about you and your happenings of late quite frequently.  Just a thought.....cook for yourself once in a while, might be nice.

Anyway, I gotta agree on BK over McD for that flame broil taste, but ours here is also much slower, AND they usually make a very sloppy burger, too much condiments, can't eat it driving without very high risk of a big time mess.  

Our McD is open 7:00 - 7:00, drive thru ONLY now for the last few months.  $15 per hour and they can't get help.  Dang, $15 per hour for a HS kid sure seems like a heckuva start.  Confused
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by Tbone95 Tbone95 wrote:

Hey Joe!  Think about you and your happenings of late quite frequently.  Just a thought.....cook for yourself once in a while, might be nice.

Anyway, I gotta agree on BK over McD for that flame broil taste, but ours here is also much slower, AND they usually make a very sloppy burger, too much condiments, can't eat it driving without very high risk of a big time mess.  

Our McD is open 7:00 - 7:00, drive thru ONLY now for the last few months.  $15 per hour and they can't get help.  Dang, $15 per hour for a HS kid sure seems like a heckuva start.  Confused

And $15 now buys what $5 uster...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 5:51pm

WHAT IN THE WORLD are you smoking/eating (Confused) to babble on with this reply TongueLOL ??
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 5:52pm

FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

Hey TBone,,ten four on the McD burger,,I just wish they would do the flame broil like BK does. I ain't done any cookin since my Honey passed and I been trying all the fast food places but sure gettin tired of them,,,,,,
 I don't know what the deal is with the local BK as since the last 3months or so they been so frigging SLOW, slow to take your order at the drive thru and slow to deliver the order!!  I asked the mgr why and she said they could not hire enough people for full staff,,,! I told her that McD didn't seem to have that problem as they seemed to have TOO many hanging around,,,but you can get your groceries in 6 minutes or less but BK is at least 15-20!!  Gonna start goin elsewhere,,,, 
Joe, is there a DQ in your area ?? IMO, the burgers from there are AS GOOD (possibly better) than BK Embarrassed
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2021 at 6:05pm
Some of you talked me into McRibs last night Smile .The wife  brought 3 of them home and other than the $$, they tasted EXACTLY the same and pretty much the same size as they were when they were introduced in the early '80's Clap !! Mystery meat or not, they are an AWESOME sandwich Thumbs Up
Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2021 at 6:18pm
They are made from top quality meat. A plant in Gallatin has been making them for years. I use to do a lot of work there, Rich Products.  They cook ten of thousands of pounds of meat. HTH Tracy
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2021 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by Tracy Martin TN Tracy Martin TN wrote:

They are made from top quality meat. A plant in Gallatin has been making them for years. I use to do a lot of work there, Rich Products.  They cook ten of thousands of pounds of meat. HTH Tracy
Thanks Tracy, I have no issue of what they're made of, they are GREAT !! But a previous poster sure put a dark spin on them  (all fast food meat for that matter) Ouch. I'm disappointed that the McRib isn't on the menu all year, pretty sure they would outsell the Big Mac ClapClap !!
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2021 at 6:46pm
560 million Big Macs
Statistics in the United States
In 2007, Danya Proud, a McDonald's spokeswoman, said that in the United States alone, 560 million Big Macs are sold each year. It means that approximately 17 Big Macs are sold every second.
---------------------------------------------------------------

When the McRib debuted in 1981, it was a dud. McDonald’s pulled it from its menu four years later. Though it never achieved nationwide success, there were parts of the country where the McRib generated a solid enough fan base to bring it back every now and then.

Hottovy explained that sales typically rise for a short time when companies unveil seasonal items. But after a few weeks, that demand drops off after the core fans of the limited time product are satisfied.

So enjoy your McRib sandwiches while they last. And let’s be honest, you probably wouldn’t want one in April.

Edited by steve(ill) - 05 Nov 2021 at 6:49pm
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2021 at 6:58pm
Thanks for the stats Steve . I can say with great certainty that I haven't eaten a BM in over 25 years, never cared for them (a BK Whopper is TWICE the sandwich in every aspect of a sandwich). A quarter pound burger is a different story though LOL !!
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2021 at 6:59pm
Never had a Mac Rib but I do know that our local McDonalds has 3 employees in the morning. An order taker/ money taker. Second window food handler and a cook.
People go through there and treat them like cause they’re slow.
The money taker has worked there for years. Very hard worker very dependable and very nice lady.
I feel bad for them.
They aren’t open after 7:00 or 8:00 at night so I’m told.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2021 at 7:11pm
Well I got mine today. I ask for 1 without that crappy dill pickle. I got it, after this covid crap all I could taste was onion and the darn dill pickle juice. Yep they picked those lousy swill pickles off one and gave it to me.
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2021 at 7:15pm
Well, if you listen to Rabbi Abraham Finkelstein, McDonalds Corp., is the largest purchaser of fetal tissue from Planned Parenthood in the U.S. Wonder what McDonalds does with it?
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2021 at 6:07pm
[QUOTE=Thad in AR.]Never had a Mac Rib but I do know that our local McDonalds has 3 employees in the morning. An order taker/ money taker. Second window food handler and a cook.
People go through there and treat them like cause they’re slow.
The money taker has worked there for years. Very hard worker very dependable and very nice lady.
I feel bad for them.
Yes, I also "feel" for the "current" employees of the FF restraunts, for that matter, I feel for the Franchisee that is "behind-the-8-ball" as far as when to be open or not Confused !!
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2021 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by HD6GTOM HD6GTOM wrote:

Well I got mine today. I ask for 1 without that crappy dill pickle. I got it, after this covid crap all I could taste was onion and the darn dill pickle juice. Yep they picked those lousy swill pickles off one and gave it to me.

Sorry Tom, IMO, the pickles are the "icing-on-the-cake" !! Not sure why you "tasted" pickle juice though??
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2021 at 6:11pm
Won't have to feel bad for long, announcements have already been made as to Self Serve Kiosks will be the norm, same for drive thru or phone in pre-orders, then will need far less employees at Minimum Wages.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2021 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by DMiller DMiller wrote:

Won't have to feel bad for long, announcements have already been made as to Self Serve Kiosks will be the norm, same for drive thru or phone in pre-orders, then will need far less employees at Minimum Wages.
That's where I WILL draw the line Angry !! I currently will NOT do the DT line, what a waste of fossil fuel OuchOuch !!  I get on my wifes case about spending 20 minutes+ in the DT lane, gets me screamed at every time Cry !!
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2021 at 6:57pm
Hee hee hee, gassy talkin about the DT's again!WinkBeer
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2021 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by DiyDave DiyDave wrote:

Hee hee hee, gassy talkin about the DT's again!WinkBeer
Is your "given'" name Richard and your last name Head by any chance Wink ??
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic