This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lowes Yesterday

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lowes Yesterday
    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 7:16am
Had to get 8-8' 6x6"s yesterday cause I have to replace the underpinnings on my front porch because of all the fricking rain we have been having. Ordered them online and normally I go to customer service to check out and then go to lumber end and have the guys help me load it.

Go in the store mid way and some firefighters were collecting donations for MS so I gave them $5. Get checked out and the posts were on a cart right there.....Wheel the cart out and go get my truck. These SOB's are heavy. I wrestle the first one in and turn around and the firefighters already had 2 more ready to go.
I couldn't thank them enough.
Thankful and embarrassed at the same time. My age is showing.

Sponsored Links

Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 7:34am
Kudos to my brother/sister firefighters. Firefighters are always ready and willing to help. And you can't expect Lowe's employees to help load anything; they have more important things to do or so they think. Sometimes management has to be reminded that customers are what keep them in business and that HD is just down the road. One reason I like buying from a local company is that their service is top notch. Your age may be showing but probably not as much as mine. I'm a grouchy old phart and proud of it.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 7:37am
Hubert, you did not mention it but I am sure you got the stuff rated for ground contact?    Wink
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 7:56am
Yes I did.......Not entirely my first day but by the second day I should have it down pretty wellOuch
I go to Lowes primarily because they prices are better and they are not as busy as Home Depot. Last time I was in HD there wasn't an employee to be seen other that the check out. I had to get on my phone for a HD app to get a map of the store to find out what isle it was on. The parking lot sucks too. Made for cars and not trucks.
Don't like HD much.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 9:23am

Well,,I was at Lowes yesterday getting 3 boxes of 13" Porcelin tile and those sobs are Heavy,,I'll tell you for sure.
 Fixer,,you don't be feelin like the Lone Ranger,,cause I tried to lift one box high enough to get in the cart and I could NOT do it,,!! ,,,,,I had to dang near tackle a Lowes employee to get him to help me load the 3 boxes plus a 50# bag of thin set,,,,him growlin and mutterin all the time,,, I figured he was late for break so I just went on to check out. After payin, I asked the little gal if i could get somebody to help get them in trk,,?? There was this one guy loafin around up the isle and she hollared at him and he motions,,"Wait a Minute". Soon's he though he could,,he beat it out of there to another isle. We waited there by counter for at least 15 minutes and nary a soul come by,,, After waiting on several other folks,,she says,,"I'll help you" which embarrassed me more,,!! That little ole gal didn't weigh more than 15# more than the tile boxes but she was Strong,,!! We got em loaded and I asked for her name AND the Hide And Seek guy's name as I was gonna write to Lowes corp and let them know the good and the bad at that store. What the heck has happened to American pride,,,???
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 10:01am
They all want money and paid but don/t want to do anything to get, want it all handed to them. Our Lowe's Manager told me he's been trying to higher 28 people for 2 month and to know if I would come back. Told him my feet and legs won't take it no more, cements to hard on them
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 10:55am
Them kind were also to lazy to get more edumacation for the good paying cushy jobs. Spend more time and energy avoiding doing something, so the day drags on, then whine about it at the end of the day. They also think they're smart doing this and wonder why they were the first to be let go or fired, thinking they be the greatest employee ever.
OK I'm off my box.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 2:50pm
It's called respect.  Respect your elders and you'll respect yourself.  Kids nowadays don't want to do ANYTHING other than play on their phones.

When I was growing up, there was a game that my Dad taught me.  It was called a kick in the rear end with a size 10-1/2 if you didn't,,,,,,,,,,,,,,  ANYTIME you didn't do something right, or help someone, or say yes maam, sir, then you'd hear the phrase,,,,,,,,,,you want a size 10-1/2 up your,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Enough ranting from me too.  I'd like to tell that to some kids,,,,,,,but then they'd call the police on me.....anybody got lots of bail money??
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 3:00pm
Oh and our local Lowes have dedicated parking spots (four of them up front) for Vets and vets get 10% off all day if registered in their system.
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 3:39pm
Hard to believe but our Home Depot has a guy in the parking lot gathering carts and helping people load their purchase . I know , because he's helped me before . Not a kid though . Thanks
trace View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 4:29pm
walmarts of the building materials world, treat employees like crap and provide almost zero benefits. no wonder can't find help.
1955 WD-45 WIDE FRONT W/ TRIP
LOADER
Wayne180d View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne180d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 8:10pm
Desert Joe  I can relate to your story  I had surgery a few years back and needed some feed for my chickens.  My cousin was coming and he was filling my bins in the chicken house.  I got to the store and someone put them on the cart for me and when I checked out I asked this little girl if she could get someone to load them in my truck because of the surgery she sure and went out and loaded them for me.  50# bags and she maybe weighed 125 talk about a humbling experience.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 8:16pm
Lowe's treated me well when I worked there in '77 - '78 but I left for a better paying job. I was in pro sales and ran their Improver department which they did away with a year or so later. They probably follow Wally World's example now though.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2019 at 8:28pm
Joe, you need to eat your Wheaties before you go so you can handle those heavy boxes. LOL  I have run into the same thing, no one comes to help and the little cashier shows me up. Now if help doesn't show I make the cashier page a manager and then I show my better side. Angry Don't mess with retired fist sergeants/master sergeants.
weiner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weiner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 5:31am
Back in the late 60`s I worked in a feed mill and handled 100# bags of feed all day long,  now I have to wrestle with a 20# bag of dog food. Very humbling and humiliating too.

Edited by weiner - 13 Oct 2019 at 5:33am
Real heros wear dogtags, not capes.
farmboy520 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmboy520 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by Ted J Ted J wrote:

When I was growing up, there was a game that my Dad taught me.  It was called a kick in the rear end with a size 10-1/2 if you didn't,,,,,,,,,,,,,,  ANYTIME you didn't do something right, or help someone, or say yes maam, sir, then you'd hear the phrase,,,,,,,,,,you want a size 10-1/2 up your,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Enough ranting from me too.  I'd like to tell that to some kids,,,,,,,but then they'd call the police on me.....anybody got lots of bail money??

I got bail money for you Ted. Let me seed what the crop prices are doing today
On the farm: Agco Allis 9695, 7060, 7010, R66, Farmall H, and Farmall F20 (Great Grandpa's)
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 6:32pm
soooooooo...Fixer...did you donate more to them after that? Joe quit buying that kind of floor coverings, they git real slick when you spill something on it. you'll be the next one with a broke leg or butt!
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 7:42pm
Funny how it works. Our Home Depot has very good help and try to help me load but they just get in the way and I load my stuff my way. Our Lowe’s is the worst Lowe’s in America.
Now next time y’all enter a big box store head straight to the lawn n garden and attempt to start a chain saw. You’ll get help from every department.😂😂😂

Edited by Thad in AR. - 15 Oct 2019 at 7:43pm
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 8:21pm
Good idea, Thad! But I think I will sneak some of that high $ pre-mixed fuel in it first. That should get results!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 8:51pm

Well,,I gots a sure fire way of gettin attention at any of them stores that gots employees that like to hide from the customers,,,If I can't find what I need ,,I'll wait a pair of minutes and then call out in a rather loud voice,,,,"If someone don't come help me pretty quick,,I'm gonna start stealing stuff",,,,,That is guaranteed to draw a crowd,,,,then I start lookin around like it was somebody else,,,,,ClapWorks every time,,,,,,LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic