This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lopped off part of my finger

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lopped off part of my finger
    Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 10:58pm
Had bought a portable basketball Backboard for my niece Sharon. I was assembling it and got my left index finger caught between Backboard support and pole. Crushed about an inch off faster than I knew what happened. Very little bleeding or pain. Doc says he cannot reattach so he cleaned it up and folded the skin over. Feel really stupid.

You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
Sponsored Links

Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 11:03pm
I actually feel pretty good for what happened. Up in Peoria at my sisters and am out of the hospital and headed to her house to spend the night Just feel so stupid. Could have been worse .At least it's my left hand.
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 11:05pm
Prayers for quick healing and no problems!
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 11:21pm
Well Pat, your goin to miss that inch...
 Sorry to hear of that mishap...
Hope it heals up fast.
 Now don't be goin and doing that again!
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 11:47pm
Feel for ya buddy. It's a wonder we don't suffer more mishaps in life.There are just so many traps lying in wait.
garden_guy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garden_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 12:58am
Yowch! Glad it wasn't any worse. Amazing how quick stuff like that can happen. Assembly hazards and pinch hazards are everywhere it seems.
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 1:48am
I was gonna ask which end of your finger but you posted a picture.
Seriously, Pat, I sorry this happened to you.  It is an important finger for several things and it will be odd not to have the full length.  I hope it heals quickly.
Maybe you should come up with a better story of how you lost it...

"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Bob D. (La) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 4:43am
So sorry to hear this Pat. Seems like the most innocuous, simple tasks are what gets us. Praying for quick healing. God Bless.
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 4:49am
I feel for you . Glad it wasn’t your dominant hand. Heal quick.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 4:50am
Sorry to hear it, as others have said, its always the routine, that catches ya!

Was it the poorly translated instructions?Wink
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 5:05am
Almost lost three fingers at fifteen to a wood jointer, you will grow to ignore the loss but the darned lost section will always be a reminder, think twice to three times before putting those fingers anywhere you think shouldn't.

Heal well and fast my friend.
Ranse View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 7:17am
Sorry about your accident Pat. I cut the end of my thumb on a table saw years ago. Barely nicked the bone the doctor said. It healed over nicely and looks normal, but I have no sensitivity on the tip of my thumb. That little thing still bothers me today. You will miss that finger, but you can live without it.

Look on the bright side, think of all the fun you're going to have freaking people out by making them think you have your whole finger up your nose lol!
sho-man1 View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sho-man1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 8:12am
Take care of that pointer. 
Had a distant relative work on the last narrow gauge railroad in Iowa. He lost part of his pointer finger from a cow stepping on it when loading livestock car. years later he was the conductor and a lady from Chicago was riding the train asking all kinds of questions about  this, that and who's there when she noticed his finger. 
She asked what happened to it and he was a little tired of her constant questions, he replied "I wore it off pointing to all the stuff people keep asking about." Apparently she had a connection at the Chicago Tribune and his finger story made it into the paper one day. 
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 8:20am
Bummer Pat. Good luck healing and hopefully no lingering issues other than the obvious. Had many close calls myself, but so far I’m still all here.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 8:28am
You need to dream up a good story about hunting bear or alligator with a knife... Several versions on how this could go...
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 8:29am
Oh man, Pat. You're freaking me out. My stomach is churning looking at that picture and thinking about the pain. I lost about a quarter inch off of my pinky finger when I was about 14 years old. Haven't missed it much. Darrel
omahagreg View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omahagreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 8:37am
Sorry to hear of your mishap!
They say one should learn something new everyday! For me, lately, I usually learn how to hurt myself in new ways!
Greg Kroeker
1950 WD with wide front and Freeman trip loader
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 9:26am
OMG, just dawned on Me, We must ALL be Related as clumsy and dangerous to ourselves are we!!!
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 9:59am
Accidents suck, heal fast!

I guess you'll either quit or will have to learn with the other hand to pick your nose!!
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 10:15am
You'll be fine as long as you only have to count to 19 3/4. You could tell people you cut the end off because your "I told you" finger was a little to devistating
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 10:40am
Just about lost the tip of my thumb with the main drive belt on a Gleaner A... Dad told me to do something in that vecinity then tried to start the combine...luckily the battery was shot (almost).  keep on keepin on.   as others have said, a reminder to B careful
Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 11:28am
Darn, Pat! Sorry to hear about your losing part of your finger. Hope it heals up fast with no long lasting problems. Don't feel stupid about it, it is the fault of the poorly written instructions that didn't warn you about keeping your hand away from that spot when assembling. 
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Wayne180d View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne180d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 12:27pm
Cut my left thumb on a table saw  I am now extra careful  Hope it heals fast
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 12:49pm
Next time you see one of those, if there's a sticker there that says "pinch point" you can lay claim to it
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 12:59pm
Hate to see that Pat! Prayers for quick painless healing, we all know in the back of our minds just how many times you’re gonna bump that end before it heals! I know it’s painful, had my pinky sewn back on about 40 years ago, no feeling in one side, and predicts cold weather better than the news! Take care of it!
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 1:01pm
Hey Pat, if scars and missing body material is a sign of stupidity....I'm dumber than a box of rocks! There is a certain amount of risk just getting up in the morning! What doesn't kill us makes us wiser and stronger
I wish you well my friend, praying that you heal well and quickly.

Merry Christmas
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 2:10pm
Chit Happens, and to the best of us. I've come close to losing the tip of that finger with a skill saw. I was doing a plunge cut while holding the guard up and she kicked and my nail and top of finger tip vanished. Split nail now is left to remind me.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 3:34pm
Sorry to hear about your accident, hope it heals quick.  I darn near did that once on an overnight job, about 11pm I was unloading a mechanical lift out of the van and it managed to grab my index finger.  Broke my finger in three pieces at the base of the nail.  I went inside and was taking my glove off when the manager gal asked what she could do.  Not knowing what I was going to see I told her that if the end of my finger rolls out when I take my glove off keep track of it for me if you could.  She mumbled something about men and left.

Edited by JW in MO - 24 Dec 2018 at 3:35pm
Maximum use of available resources!
Michael V (NM) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 4:34pm
OUCH!! Hope ya heal up quickly!
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 5:54pm
Nother auction story, One guy in the hood, here, blew off 2-1/2 fingers, on his right hand, when he was a kid(held onta a blastin cap, too long, after it was lit!).  Fast forward about 60-70 years, He and annudder neighbor was standin beside him, at the sale.  somebody bid a dollar on an item, and his buddy holds up the other guys hand, and shouts 2 anna half!  Botha them and most that saw it were laughin so hard, the auctioneer hadda start over!Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic