This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lollipops!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lollipops!
    Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 7:12pm
Took a 1/2 hour out to install the "Lollipop" warning lights on the ole' 620. I thought the old girl looked pretty good with them on. I mounted em' 2" from the back of the fender so I don't hit my elbows on them. Just need to plug em' in and they're ready to rock n' roll. Next, gotta' git the engine in one of these days! It's just bout' ready...
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
Sponsored Links

Tractornewb View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tractornewb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 7:21pm
Looks great!
Tony.Or View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony.Or Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2015 at 6:05pm
Steve  !  Don`t  forget  wheelie bars  for  JoJo              TC
Crewchief View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crewchief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2015 at 6:25pm
I bet it don't get dirty 
1952 B   1950 Ferguson TO-2O
mnoonan-NEWI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mnoonan-NEWI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2015 at 10:27pm
Awesome!!
Isn't it fun assembling all those freshly painted parts.
AC CA, Ferguson TO-20, Ford NAA, M-M BG, AC #3 Mower, SC Plow, PH Digger, AC 720's with Ark 700 loader & Brantly Backhoe, "Mini B" w/flathead Ford V8
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2015 at 6:26am
Stevo! I betcha' it does get dirty! Especially wit' the loader that's goin' on it. I already have some projects to do around the property next year. Can't wait to try it out! Lookin' forward to go out n' play wit' it. Should be pretty cool!
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2015 at 10:17am
Steve,
 The lights look great! Man that tractor is clean! You do nice work! And you always set the bar high for us.
I like that seat, where did you get it from? Looks like it would be a good replacement, seat for some of my Cub Cadet projects too.
Regards,
 Chris

Edited by Sugarmaker - 14 Oct 2015 at 10:21am
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2015 at 10:27am
Steve every time I look at your projects I think man I better not post any pictures of my projects they look really bad in comparison.   I wish I had the skill to do such nice work. I love the lights and the fender headlights look really cool as well. I need to figure out how to get some good lights onto my pasquali 988 with a loader it gets mighty dark in my barn when I am cleaning it out. Great work it is always nice to see such nice work getting done. I hope you enjoy getting it dirty I love to see tractor actually earning their keep they are the most happy working if you ask me.
Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2015 at 10:29am
Oh steve I forgot to ask what type of motor are you putting in there it looks like an upgrade of some type but I don't know the tractor you are working on.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2015 at 11:15am
Thanks guys for the kudos. Its a lot of fun to get away from the wire shop for an hour or so and play with my stuff. Hey Chris, you do some nice work yourself man! The patch work you did savin' them WD fenders, I couldn't do. Plus all the other work you did. Whew! A labor of love ma' man that's fir' sure! Don't ever under estimate yourself buddy. I've been tryin' to find a seat for these 616-720 machines that would easily adapt to the OEM seat suspension. Took me a year to find a damn seat that would fit the bill as well as the Tractor! This seat we eventually are going to carry in stock for these Tractors as a replacement. Its an advantage when you have a half dozen Automotive warehouses locally where you can have them send you a couple seats at a time when they're delivering to us and try em' and experiment to see what you can make fit. This one was almost the last seat that I spec'd out. It was gettin' close. I was running outta' seats!! LOL! Of coarse this is the more expensive seat, but it works nice and with some minor work, fits the stock seat suspension pretty darn nice! Its darn comfortable and looks kinda' stock to!
Dan, the Tractor I'm dabbling with right now is my 620. The engine is the stock Onan engine that came in it. I've been cleaning this engine off and on for a year now! Once all the shields were removed, I first scraped all the muck off it with a putty knife, sprayed Grez-off degreaser on it a few times, pressure washed it each time, and blew it off with compressed air. Ya couldn't see to much of it. It had a ton of dirt, grass, and crap all over it, and in the air cooled fins. Don't even know how it ran cool. Probably didn't with all the fins plugged. Just the way I bought it. It did have a mower under at one time, but the Previous owner sold it before I got it. My big Tractor engines weren't that greasy! Sheesh! I think this weekend, I'll take a couple hours out and set the engine in. I'm getting pumped! LOL! BTW Dan, we have some nice work lamps on our website if yer' lookin' for some lights for your 988. Check em' out. I can get other types also...
Steve
bb-customcircuits.com
Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2015 at 11:28am
Steve have you ever rebuilt one of the Onan engines?   I have 4 of then two in case 448 and two case 446 all 4 have some serious blowby issues. I have heard it is really hard and experience to get parts for them. I have a 12 hp Chinese diesel I will probably be putting into one of them this winter to rototil my garden in the spring.   My original plan was to build two 4wd tractor like small pasquali tractors out of them with a buddy of mine. I was going to use the spare d15 front spindles I have kicking around here for the pivot point. But then I moved a couple hours away from my buddy who is the mechanical engineer and I bought the pasquali so now I just have 4 old case mowers with no good plan of that to do with them. Anyway the good thing about the case is the rearend is a hydraulic motor so I can swap the motor out pretty easy. Funny I bought that diesel for a different project with a lawn mower it turned out would have been too hard to modify to make it fit. Wow now I think I have too many projects.   
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2015 at 12:09pm
Dan,
When I bought this 620, the previous owner told me it had a rod knock. I bought it cause the price was right. After I got it apart, I found that one of the starter bracket bolts had backed out and the flywheel was hitting the bolt. Musta' been making a Hell of a noise sounding like a rod knock. After I screwed the bolt in with my fingers, the engine turned over fine and I can hear the hiss of compression! I haven't had this engine running yet, but I did pop the heads off and did a cylinder inspection, cleaned up the valve pockets and resealed everything with all new gaskets. The oil that was in it when I bought it looked like new. Nice amber color. No debris in it. So I gotta' believe the "rod knock" was the backed out bolt hitting the flywheel. I usually don't "step in it" much, but I think I did good with this purchase. I'll find out one of these days. If I fire it up and it explodes, looks like I'll be puttin' another engine in it! LOL! A lot of guys repower with a Honda or Kohler. One of the guys here on the forum has a Honda repower kit for sale. Not sure if it will fit one of your Case Tractors tho...
indiana2door View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote indiana2door Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 10:09pm
Dan, have you ever done a leak down test on your Onans? Yes, the rear hydraulic pump is usually not a problem. The problem lies with the front PTO clutch.  Try these site for more information.
www.casecoltingersoll.com
www.hydriv.ca
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic