This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lock and lube

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lock and lube
    Posted: 18 Feb 2021 at 8:44pm
Guys, my left arm is about useless, do these things work as good as stated?
Sponsored Links

Kenny L. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenny L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2021 at 9:15pm
I like my
old farmer View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote old farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2021 at 9:27pm
Son has a couple and really like them
Mosin9130 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mosin9130 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2021 at 9:41pm
I have their actual grease gun as well as the attachments for my other grease guns...fantastic product!
'56 WD 45...'63 D15 II...'66 D17 IV
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2021 at 9:44pm
GEES...when i read the post,  I though he was using it on his arm !!  LOL

if you really want to make it easy, buy a 12v electric.

Edited by steve(ill) - 18 Feb 2021 at 9:46pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Dirt Farmer View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirt Farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2021 at 10:51pm
Second best thing that ever happened in the world of grease guns, right after battery opperated ones came along, kinda partial to the milwaukee fuel series myself. After you remove the original coupler to install the "lock n lube" put a 90 degree zirk in the threaded end of the original coupler and you can temporarily put it on the end of the "lock n lube" to grease those hard to reach zirks in tight quarters. Note, they also make a repair kit for the tip when it wears or has issues for a fraction of the cost of full replacement. I would get one of those also to have on hand when the time comes
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2021 at 10:52pm
works great, but the tip is a tad large, some of the fittings on my backhoe are recessed in the pin, it won't do them.
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2021 at 11:35pm
I got one several years ago for my cordless gun.  Broke the gun when it and I fell off the all crop. ( wasn't hooked to anything and it tipped back and threw me off) .  I had the same problem as Joe with some zerks, I think the idea Dirt Farmer has would solve that problem, if you can figure a way to keep it clean and close by.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 4:16am
On hard to take lube pins and fittings I like mine for hard duty
General purpose I still have three lincoln guns standard tips different lube cartridges still used regularly
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 7:16am
I must've gotten a lemon.  I was greasing the front end of the grain truck, and having some leakage with my standard coupling.  Dad had gotten frustrated with the lock n lube one and taken it off.  I put it on to try it, leaked worse than the one I had been using, which was just an el-cheapo auto part store variety.  Zerks looked in good shape to me.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 7:25am
OK guys, I ordered the whole grease gun. Thanks.
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 9:34am
I got a box of the lock-n-lubes and gave several to nephews and relatives and we all liked them, and they came with the extra parts for when they did wear out... but sadly, as stated, they were a bit fat to fit into tight spaces...
 I see since then they redesigned them, but sure like how they lock on tight.
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 12:22pm
JC, I must have missed mine in the mail??  Hehe..
Love mine Tom, you will too.  I put it on my Milwaukee with the extra long hose.
You can't bend like you used to or get down under things like you used to.  This works wonders!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 12:41pm
Ted, it looks like ye musta got it since your lovin it... Wink     LOL
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2021 at 8:16pm
I think I'm gonna order the thin end and put on my other new grease gun. Looks like its about 3" long and thinner than the standard unit.
Will these work on a electric gun at Hutch? I was warned to come prepared!                                                           
The dang end on my other new grease gun is impossible to get off a zerk. I have actually broken off zerks attempting to uncouple the hose from the zerk. Again thanks guys.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 10:32pm
Amazon says the gun has been shipped. On Monday I better head for F/S and pick up some good blue grease.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 11:57pm
Got it about 6:00 this afternoon. Will try it out tomorrow on the dang skid loader.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic