This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Let us not forget

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Let us not forget
    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 9:06am
[TUBE]lK8gYGg0dkE[/TUBE]

[TUBE]Tl3_0D2h8BY[/TUBE]

[TUBE]Y04htLaR3Og[/TUBE]

[TUBE]vcnH_kF1zXc[/TUBE]

Edited by chaskaduo - 07 Dec 2019 at 9:17am
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Sponsored Links

omahagreg View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omahagreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 9:50am
Very solemn day for sure!
Friend of ours Dad was a photographer during WWII! By the size of his son-my friend-I believe him when he says his dad was a large man!  He was stationed in the Pacific so if the Japanese saw him they would tremble at his size (Goliath affect)! They say he was at the Japanese surrender taking photos!
Greg Kroeker
1950 WD with wide front and Freeman trip loader
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 11:24am
Never forget.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 1:08pm
December 7, 1941 a day that shall live in infamy! Sadly so many these days no longer remember. Have not heard a single mention of it today on the "news" media. Guess they don't want to offend anyone but by being silent they have offended me and the families that lost loved ones in that attack along with many other Americans. Neither should we forget September 11, 2001. We must remain constantly vigilant not only for the enemy from outside but also for the enemy within.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 1:11pm
Sad how they don't cover something and won't shut up about others. God Bless our Veterans and all that lost their lives for our country
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 1:35pm
Thank you Chas for starting this and the links.

Sham on all political and news persons that try it forget. The scum only looking for power for themselves. May we never forget even the little things like the Air force officers killed yesterday by the Saudi airman in Florida.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 3:09pm
40years ago I was a youngster at the Company.. One of the VPs was a fighter pilot in the South Pacific during WW2...... We sold equipment in competition with Japan and others... You were not allowed to say the word JAPAN while he was in the room.. He would turn red and blood pressure double on the spot !!  .... that was 1980.. HE NEVER FORGOT.

Edited by steve(ill) - 07 Dec 2019 at 3:10pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 8:28am

The majority of the news media are on a mission and sad to say their mission is NOT in our favor or for our great country. I do my part by NOT EVER buying their biased newspapers or watch their highly biased TV programs AND if enough Americans did likewise, they would get off their high horse and start reporting the real news. For the life of me,,I cannot figure WHY they did not report the sad memory of 11/7/1941.!  OK,,I'm done,, as it is Sunday.

Edited by desertjoe - 08 Dec 2019 at 8:31am
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 7:50am
Never forget.

Little side story: My mother as a little girl came down with chicken pox on THE Pearl Harbor day; I came down with chicken pox on the 35th anniversary!Yin Yang
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 10:44am
If we are adding family happenings,my dads brother got married Dec 6 1941.

After 60+ years of marriage I happened to be helping uncle with some project or another on Dec 6. My aunt came out to remind uncle it was time be done for the day as she want to go out to dinner. Then she tells me "we got married on the 6th and the fighting started the next day Dec 7 1941". I cannot say anything about the first 20 years of their marriage but they did have rough time or 2 after I can remember things,but they stayed together to the end. Anyway one of those things about days in history coming a little closer to home.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 12:13pm
My Gramps was on the other side of the world fighting Germans. My dad was 8 and mom was 7, me, I wasn't even imaged of at the time.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic