This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LandHandler ???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuckSkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LandHandler ???
    Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 12:12am
What makes a particular A-C tractor a "LandHandler" ?
I have seen this moniker on various A-C tractors.
I am researching a 200 LandHandler that I took pictures of last July; my investigations have turned up more 200s without the LandHandler moniker than with; but, I have not yet found any explanation as to what it takes to wear the LandHandler badge.
Sponsored Links

Keith M View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 12:17am
On my 170 the “Landhandler” had the hydraulic pump on right side of engine about underneath the fuel tank. It was easier to get to but other than that I visibly can’t tell the difference. I’m sure some of the smarter AC folks will know a Lot more.
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 6:28am
I think the- Landhandler- was more focused on the 175, 185, and XT series 3 as they were turned up a little more for the high speed farming concept- and its just a decal   
DCAC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 6:31am
210-220's had the decal too. I have a 220 with the decal on one side of the hood but not on the other.
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 6:49am
I've never seen a 200 with the Landhandler decal but I have a sales brochure that is titled 200 Landhandler. But pictures in the brochure never show a decal.... just the racing stripe of the early 200. I believe there is a 440 brochure titled 440 Landhandler too.

Edited by Lonn - 23 Mar 2020 at 6:49am
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 7:19am
Thats all true, forgot about of them, 220, 210
AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 7:19am
It’s been discussed before. Please read this link where Landhandler & CropHustler Decals are highlighted by Tbran. Thanks Tbran

https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/landhandlers_topic135767_page1.html
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 7:21am
"Crop-Hustler" was the 175 and 185. Pull the same implements as your old One-Seventy and One-Eighty only a little faster. Nothing but a marketing strategy.
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 12:46pm
My 190xtd has one,--I assume decal put on by the dealer. --Friend had one but no decal on his.
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
BuckSkin View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuckSkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by Lonn Lonn wrote:

I've never seen a 200 with the Landhandler decal.

That can be remedied.

BuckSkin View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuckSkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 1:21pm
I browsed my collection of this body style, 160 to 200, and the 200 is currently the only tractor /picture I have with the Landhandler decal.
I find it interesting that all of the 160 in my collection have a "Diesel" decal; when, according to my understanding, the 160 was only ever available in diesel; in fact, the only thing A-C about the 160 is the color.
I do still have a couple thousand photos I took last year that I haven't yet gotten organized and I am certain there are more of this style A-C among them. -- a couple thousand tractor photos that is -- I also have thousands of photos of Civil War reenactments, mule wagon rides, railroads and trains that also need putting in order; maybe if this pandemic lasts long enough I might get caught up.
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 1:39pm
Thanks for the pics and info- sharp looking 200,, - but those decals can come from just putting them on and dont mean a thing on - heritage etc

Edited by DougG - 23 Mar 2020 at 2:06pm
BuckSkin View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuckSkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by DougG DougG wrote:

those decals can come from just putting them on and dont mean a thing on - heritage etc

That is becoming my conclusion; I am beginning to believe that the stickers don't mean a thing.
AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 3:51pm
Back when the 220 & 210s were being introduced, AC had a “Landhandler” mailer they sent to farmers. Anyone still got a copy from the early 1970s?
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 3:56pm
I believe the Landhandler magazine went into the 1990's 
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 5:42pm
I have seen ads on our local C/L and on Tractor House advertising a Series 3 Land Handler 190 XT, only to see pics of a "sloped" fender, bar grill straight 190 Confused . T/H is the WORST offender IMO.

Edited by FREEDGUY - 23 Mar 2020 at 5:43pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic