This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

L31 Coolpix Camera

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: L31 Coolpix Camera
    Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 5:35pm
Didn't know the screen was so fragile.  Carried it around in my pocket and must have cracked the screen.   What I see when turning it on looks like Black and white Cracked Ice . A new replacement screen ordered online isn't all that expensive .    I would not trust myself to do the swap. Having it done ,parts and labor would cost me more than New Camera.
     Anybody on here a Camera Repair Expert to walk me thru it if I buy a new screen?
Sponsored Links

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 6:24pm
yeesh $65 for a new one with warranty at Wallyworld. Ain't no way I'd tackle the repair unless the screen was FREE.
There may be some utube videos or google hits about it.
If you do tackle it
1) clean off the bench
2) lay down a clean,white pillow case
3) have 2 or 3 GOOD lights
4) borrow a magnifying glass/lamp unit
5) layout tools, you'll need some itty,bitty,tennsy,weensy screwdrivers !!
6) turn off ALL phones
7) have a LOT of patience

8) IF you want to practice, my camera screen is all white....Smile
and NOT because of 'he who shall not be named'Wink

Jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 8:08am
OK AFTER reading this MY Sony Cybershot gave me the White screen of death ! Arrgh..still takes pictures,upload to PC, just can't see what I'm taking....
I googled it, downloaded a FREE service manual.and....
I FIXED it !!
I needed a really ,really small philip screwdriver to remove 4 screws. I magnatized the screwdriver first,cause them screws are eally,really small.
got case opened and 'wiggled' the connectors to the LCD screen module.
tossed batteries in and TADA... I got the screen working !!
So if I can to it, YOU can !!
You'll need GREAT hand control..man the stuff is tiny. I'm thinking a beanbag would make a great 'cradle' to keep the camera from moving while working on it. Bright lights and a white pillow case too !

Jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic