This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

KO crawler

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPG AUSTRALIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: KO crawler
    Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 12:12am
How rare are these in the U.S ,there is one for sale here on ebay,other side of the country for me.
Sponsored Links

OrangeKiwi(NZ) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OrangeKiwi(NZ) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 5:29pm
Are you sure the crawler advertised is a KO ? The photos I saw on Ebay didn't show any fuel injection gear. I think it may be a standard WK crawler.
I know of about 12 WKO's in NZ, 4 are restored. Since parts for the oil injection system are hard to obtain, many have been converted back to straight petrol use. I think this is the case with many that still exist in the U.S.
GreenOrange View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenOrange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 5:48pm
It looks like a gasoline K to me and the engine serial number would point to that too.  Would have to see better pictures of the engine to say for sure.  Complete & running KO's in the US are definitely on the rare side.  As said, most in the US are converted to run only on Gasoline.  Perhaps it has KO radiator sides on it?
JPG AUSTRALIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPG AUSTRALIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 9:26pm
You guys are probably right,it does have a carb on it on second look.Still never seen a k model over this side at all .Most of that vintage I've seen are always M models.I would think any of the oil motor models would be rare.Thanks for the replies.
everett048 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote everett048 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 2:38pm
Also if you look very closely it has the remains of a steering wheel, and looks like you can see the end of a distillate manifold,  also has what looks like a starting tank on front right corner and exhaust is on wrong side for KO early ones had 1 stack on left hand side of bonnet later had a single pipe on left if i am correct?Also if it was KO magneto would be other side.
everett048 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote everett048 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 2:39pm
Sorry should read 2 stacks on later models.
ianoz View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ianoz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2010 at 5:40am
Hi ,I have actually seen this machine ,but did not  have a close look at it .We bought a cat R4 and was going to have a better look at the allis when we went back to pick up the cat .It defineatly had K inside a large O on the radiator .. Not knowing a lot about allis chalmers  I asumed it was a KO ,so, maybe the owner did also . Ian .
OrangeKiwi(NZ) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OrangeKiwi(NZ) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2010 at 2:45pm
The seller must have been reading our comments as the crawler is relisted back on Ebay with a more accurate description.
ianoz View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ianoz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2010 at 5:03pm
 Hi ,Orangekiwi , The seller changed the discription as i passed on the  info from here .The seller is a lady  who's husband died . He had a collection of 150 tractors that he was intending to restore and build a museum .  As most of the tractors are out in the weather she is trying to get them passed on to the  hands of collectors  The info she is using is rough notes ,her husband wrote when he picked each machine up . His main love was fergy te20s ,with around 50 of them. I joined the forum to find out more infomation about this crawler ,and when i saw this thread  it answered my questions about it being a KO which i was told was fairly rare ..As no one had replyed to this from weeks ago ,i was ready to  join the  hermits in the old forum . Ian .
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic