This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

kinda disappointed today....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: kinda disappointed today....
    Posted: 28 Dec 2022 at 1:25am
was at the DEWALT store and was kinda looking at their 12 inch chain saws ($249.00), anyways...I gots a few battery chain saws, (B&D) and even tho they work good, the chain oilers on them SUCK! appears that the Dewalt saws might have a better oiler system. then came the blow.....made in china!!! guess i'm done buying over priced dewalt stuff!
Sponsored Links

Randy WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2022 at 3:13am
Check out Echo 5000 I just bought one and I like it a lot  cuts all most as fast as my gas saws and the oiler works fine just have to remember to fill the tank. A charge will fill the 835 gator box . Mine was just udder 300.00
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2022 at 5:20am
Shameless I don’t have one but we’re on a job right now that has some very large pine trees. Had to call on professionals to drop them.
All they used were Dewalt battery saws.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2022 at 6:22am
Stihl gas weedwhackers are Made in CHINA.....
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2022 at 6:56am
You guys never cease to crack me up.  Spend your life shopping at Wally World, shopping at harbor freight, whining about the price of everything, then wonder why stuff is made in China .
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2022 at 8:24am
EVERYTHING is made in CHINA !!!
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2022 at 8:31am
I haven't shopped in WallyWorld in over 3 years...due to the AmerChin virus.
no HF here, though a great Princess Auto( hydraulics are Canadian or Korean BTW )
only whine about the price GOUGING,usually seen on Amazon...
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
sho-man1 View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sho-man1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2022 at 9:56am
Check the youtube guy "Project Farm", he tests/compares lots of stuff with no sponsors.
Just did an electric chainsaw test.
https://youtu.be/MxRXpQpalh4
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2022 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

I haven't shopped in WallyWorld in over 3 years...due to the AmerChin virus.
no HF here, though a great Princess Auto( hydraulics are Canadian or Korean BTW )
only whine about the price GOUGING,usually seen on Amazon...

You’re too funny. You’re in denial. Three years? Whoopee. And seriously? You’re in denial!!! You whine about money umpteen times a day! You’re so used to it, you don’t even see yourself. You just whined about Amazon! You just need to charge more for your garlic.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2022 at 2:30pm
 My wife and I don't go to Wally World very often either. Since they force Rubbermaid to close in Wooster. I could live without them.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2022 at 2:51pm
I GRUDGINGLY go with wife to Wally World.  They have been changing up the stores around here, cannot get help so ADDED More Self Check aisles.  Surprisingly the company is dealing with a INCREASE in Shoplifting and outright store thefts, Suspicion is the ability to buy SOME stuff and cart the high price stuff out NC is happening. Imagine That.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2022 at 4:28pm
If you dont go to Wal Mart, but go to the local Hardware Store or ????? ........ they normally got the same CHIT... Its ALL made in China... Has been for years..

Wal Mart sells SOME stuff from the US.. just as others do.. Problem is the MANUFACTURERS moved to "make things cheaper".... Its not the SELLERS.. its the MANUFACTURERS.
Michael V (NM) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2022 at 7:36pm
hate to tell ya,, but most all battery-operated tools have been made in China for the past several years
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2022 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

If you dont go to Wal Mart, but go to the local Hardware Store or ????? ........ they normally got the same CHIT... Its ALL made in China... Has been for years..

Wal Mart sells SOME stuff from the US.. just as others do.. Problem is the MANUFACTURERS moved to "make things cheaper".... Its not the SELLERS.. its the MANUFACTURERS.

Not entirely.  When it becomes too expensive to produce stuff here, it is moved elsewhere.  Simple capitalism... Wink 
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2022 at 10:32pm
I wasn't at wally world when i was looking at the saw! was a Bomgaars store.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2022 at 6:20am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

I wasn't at wally world when i was looking at the saw! was a Bomgaars store.

Not the point. We’re looking at the stern of a ship that sailed a long time ago.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2022 at 6:26am

Wal Mart sells SOME stuff from the US.. just as others do.. Problem is the MANUFACTURERS moved to "make things cheaper".... It’s not the SELLERS.. it’s the MANUFACTURERS.

Oh but it is THAT seller. They have become so powerful, control such a huge market share they dictate the price they’ll pay to the mfg. Then they’ll demand a cheaper price next contract and the contract after that until the manufacturer has no profit margin left. Can the manufacturer choose not to sell to Wally? Sure, but see market share, won’t do enough business to stay in business. Rubbermaid was mentioned. Also TV screen manufacturer in Circleville, OH. Same deal.

And we did it to ourselves one little cut at a time until death by 10,000 cuts. Then whine about China.
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2022 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by Tbone95 Tbone95 wrote:

Wal Mart sells SOME stuff from the US.. just as others do.. Problem is the MANUFACTURERS moved to "make things cheaper".... It’s not the SELLERS.. it’s the MANUFACTURERS.

Oh but it is THAT seller. They have become so powerful, control such a huge market share they dictate the price they’ll pay to the mfg. Then they’ll demand a cheaper price next contract and the contract after that until the manufacturer has no profit margin left. Can the manufacturer choose not to sell to Wally? Sure, but see market share, won’t do enough business to stay in business. Rubbermaid was mentioned. Also TV screen manufacturer in Circleville, OH. Same deal.

And we did it to ourselves one little cut at a time until death by 10,000 cuts. Then whine about China.

Well, if WalMart is as you say, they’ll have China out of business in no time.
Maximum use of available resources!
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2022 at 6:30am
Originally posted by JW in MO JW in MO wrote:

Originally posted by Tbone95 Tbone95 wrote:

Well, if WalMart is as you say, they’ll have China out of business in no time.

Not sure where you’re coming from. Don’t believe me? Being sarcastic? Well facts are facts, had a good friend whose dad went through it at the top in Circleville. The Rubbermaid story is true. There’s many more.

As for China? If someone will make it cheaper….look at the tags. Vietnam, Cambodia, Pakistan are making clothing. It’s coming. Will take a long time but it’s coming.

Dollar General is interesting competition for Walmart. Smaller Cheaper cookie cutter buildings crammed with even junkier junk. Put in towns of all sizes all over the place so folks don’t need to make the drive. They don’t have everything Walmart does, not even close but I think their presence is felt.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2022 at 8:35am
i dont think Wal Mart ever forced anybody to buy anything.... They offer a service and people flock to the door ... ANYONE could have done it... Wal Mart just happens to be REAL GOOD at it..
1955CA View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1955CA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2022 at 8:59am
I just bought my son a 12 inch Dewalt chainsaw since he has all Dewalt tools and batteries. My friend had one and it works good. Went with the small 12 inch because it is perfect for carrying in the ATV's.

I'd like to avoid China too, but it's a losing battle. If you look at my Cat 950M wheel loader it is made in Brazil and every hydraulic fitting on it is stamped "made in China"

Good luck finding anything 100% American or Canadian made.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2022 at 4:52pm
thanks 1955ca, that's why I was looking for another battery saw, I have other saws, but then i gotta carry gas and oil with them on the ATV.
Dorix View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dorix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2022 at 8:17pm
Buying anything not made in China is almost impossible. Especially battery operated things. I do think companies are starting to look at making things elsewhere. I don't think much will come here though.
1955CA View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1955CA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2022 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

thanks 1955ca, that's why I was looking for another battery saw, I have other saws, but then i gotta carry gas and oil with them on the ATV.

The guys my son works with in the maintenance department at the mine also have Milwaukee electric chainsaws. They say they are a bit better than the Dewalt, but we already have all Dewalt tools and batteries so stuck with what we have at home here.

But I have cut a bunch of maple logs for firewood to try out the Dewalt and I have no complaints. I would have never have thought it would cut as much as it does on a battery.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2022 at 7:53am

i dont think Wal Mart ever forced anybody to buy anything.... They offer a service and people flock to the door ... ANYONE could have done it... Wal Mart just happens to be REAL GOOD at it..

Well yeah, duh! It’s generally cheaper, and they have just about one stop shopping. Yeah, they’re good at it. Down right vicious in fact. They never did anything illegal as far as I know but oh boy are they predatory and vicious. Running manufacturers out of the country is one thing. The other side, before they open a new location, they scout the surrounding areas for prices and products, especially novelty products that a small store might have a niche in. When Walmart opens, voila there’s the products at a little cheaper price. Sometimes perhaps a little loss until the mom and pop goes out of business then the price goes up. I laugh when people say “ They aren’t even cheaper or that much cheaper anymore”. Well yeah! That’s the point, they’re winning! I personally know a couple store owners who have caught these “scouts” in action. Al the business with China. I will continue to choose to not be a fan.
Amos View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2022 at 7:54am
I cut logs for a sawmill when I am not farming at home.  I have a skidder driver that suffers from an injury that affects her mobility.  I always have a spare saw on the skidder, so I don't have to walk out if I have a problem with the one I'm felling with and its there for the skidder driver. So she says after a couple weeks on the job I am bringing my dewalt saw for in the skidder cause I don't have to fight with it to start and then I can cut the brush out of the way or a limb if I have to.  I laughed to myself, well i will tell you it is so slick and easy to use for her and its light and small.  Brilliant idea.  so far have had no trouble with it
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2022 at 7:57am
Yep. We lost. It’s too late. We aren’t done going downhill yet. And we’ve participated in our own demise then wonder.

Oh well.
Ron Eggen View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Eggen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2022 at 1:27pm
I just bought one of the Stihl mini saws and it is made in Germany .
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2022 at 1:50pm
 The Chinesse have a habit of a US company comes to China and opens a factory and we train the employees and then china open a copycat factory and hire our trained employees and under cut us
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic