This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

kiefer built stock trailer ??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: kiefer built stock trailer ??
    Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 9:38am
i have the chance to buy a used 7x24 aluminum around a 2002 year model it looks good  has only been pulled down the road     has any one had one?  how well will it hold up to ranch work being pulled around the pasture ?  do they have any spots that are prone to cracking ?  any opinions or ideas are welcome  Thanks  
Sponsored Links

HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 12:33am
I have a steel one built in 1977. Outside of the lights its still good. While I owned my tire shop I put a lot of tires on aluminum stock trailers. If I needed another, it would be an aluminum trailer.

Edited by HD6GTOM - 13 Feb 2020 at 12:33am
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 8:27am
The farm I workat has an aluminum stock trailer. I don't rember the brand it's from around 2000 and has held up real well it gets pulled in the pasture to load and unload it trails very nice on the road. Both fender lips behind the rear tires got bent back and have been cutoff. They hung pretty low when new the load height is very low it dosent have axles across the trailer they are stub axles and the deck height is below the center of the tire. No flex off road and it's important the hitch height be correct. So we must pull it with the same truck every time. The lights have been a problem ocasanily but that's to be expected on a 20 year old trailer. It gets pressure washed after hauling all cattle out in spring and after hauling all cattle back in the fall so it still looks new only some rust on the steel wheels.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic