This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

junk mail griping

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: junk mail griping
    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 12:39pm
     I just deleted 451 e-mails in the "junk" and "deleted" files. Not more than 6-7 of them were of any importance. Does everyone have a similar problem? Two more came just while I am writing this. GRRRRRR. 
Sponsored Links

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 12:54pm
USED to be able to have them NOT be downloaded from ISP,so never saw them..now I get a few,maybe 2-3  a week.
You 'should' be able to 'filter' them and autodelete depending on the email program you're using.
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 1:00pm
look at the BOTTOM of the page on the e-mail.. Normally there is an UNSUBSCRIBE link. CLick that and you are off the list.. Maybe have to confirm your e-mail to do it.

Some sites that you visit or purchase something , have a little note hidden at the bottom that says " you will automatically be signed up for e-mails".......... use the UNSUBSCRIBE link above to get the GONE.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 10:18pm
i signed up for entry on publishers clearing house sweepstakes once, they sent me over 3200 emails in a little over a week. 
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 7:43am
re: Normally there is an UNSUBSCRIBE link. CLick that and you are off the list..

don't blindly do that unless you can decode the TRUE email address it'll go to !!! A LOT of junk email 'unsubscribe' links just use it as a 'confirmed fish online'.

It'll send YOUR email address to a 1000 MORE junksters !!!
Far better to setup your email program to 'filter' them into the junk bin or autodelete.
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 7:51am
what happens is you buy something from Harbor Freight, Amazon, Wal Mart, Book Store, Chewey Dog food, or other company you KNOW... Then they start sending an e-mail 1-2 times PER DAY.. Those are the ones you can click on and unsubscribe.. If you have 30 e-mails from "wal mart", just UNSUBSCRIBE once and they are GONE.

Jay is right, if half the words are in Chineese, dont recognize the sender, or other SPAM, do NOT click on it, just delete..... those guys are normally not sending you 2 e-mails EVERY DAY.
ac hunter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 9:01am
     I'll try the unsubscribe routine but the list looks formidable in numbers. Just deleted 230 some this morning. We do buy a very little from walmart from the internet but they never have sent e-mails and I have always wondered why. Thanks for the help.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 2:44pm
look at WHO is sending the e-mails.. spammers normally only send a couple.. If you have 30-40 e-mails from THE SAME PLACE, they are sending EVERY DAY.. those are the ones the UNSUBSCRIBE... Normally you will recognize the place as somewhere you shop.
Clay View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 3:16pm
Set up separate email account for solicitations.  This will help keep spam out of your regular email.  Sometimes I want some information about a product and this helps
 keep vendors off my back. 
mdm1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 4:19pm
I can just go to my email preferences and add a rule to block any mail from that address. Done deal!
Everything is impossible until someone does it! WD45-trip loader 1947 c w/woods belly mower, 1939 B, #3 sickle mower 1944 B, 2 1948 G's. Misc other equipment that my wife calls JUNK!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic