This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Joe (snake charmer)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Joe (snake charmer)
    Posted: 12 Mar 2022 at 2:37am
hey...i seen a rear bumper for a '55 Chevy at auction...it was attached to the rear of a '55 Chevy, no motor, no tranny, no doors, no interior, no wheels, no title, just a 2 door shell and bumpers...went for $3500.
Sponsored Links

desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2022 at 9:00am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

hey...i seen a rear bumper for a '55 Chevy at auction...it was attached to the rear of a '55 Chevy, no motor, no tranny, no doors, no interior, no wheels, no title, just a 2 door shell and bumpers...went for $3500.

Dang, Shameless,,,them was some really expensive bumpers,,,!! The first 55 I bought up in northern New Mexico was as cherry and complete as a car could be and had all the available options for 1955.,,,,until,,,I took the carper out and found all that friggin rust in floorboards as the car originally came from New York,,,,,I figured it would be a great parts car,,, You talk bout being sad,,,,,,
 Long bout two years later I found a "PERFECT" body that came from Arizona,,No Rust but just like you describe that one No Nuttin on the inside. It is now the main car!!  I had planned to just get rid on the Santa Fe car,,but here bout a year ago a dude came by and offered me $2500 for the shell but told him to come by later as I still had to remove windshield and back glass as they are both the original "Easy Eye Glass" which were tinted green at factory and a very rare option. These Tri Fives have increased in value a lot in last 5 years,,,,Clap
Kansas99 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2022 at 12:50pm
I personally liked the 55 better than the 57, but I'm not a tail fin fan.  Although no one else must have seen it that way.
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2022 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by Kansas99 Kansas99 wrote:

I personally liked the 55 better than the 57, but I'm not a tail fin fan.  Although no one else must have seen it that way.

I agree with you. The 55 is the best looking car ever made.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic