This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jees Louise!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jees Louise!!!!!
    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 9:48pm
Came home from mamas this evening, walked up on the back porch, looked through the back door into the laundry room, there's some woman looking back at me that I've never seen before!! HOLY SH!T!!!! She claims she was dropped out down the road and our place "looked inviting" so she decided to come in, drink a couple of drinks, and make herself a peanut butter sandwich. Upon further questioning of "what the f+#k are you doing in my house?" she produced a checkbook, bottle of my wife's medication, and a flashlight. Police left with her about 30 minutes ago. Then we found some missing deposit tickets from the business account. I'll never again leave my house with the doors unlocked. Never.
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
Sponsored Links

Red Bank View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Bank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 10:31pm
That is plum crazy! Maybe she will make some deposits for you this week, lol. You have enough to deal with and come home to that? What did the police say?
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 11:15pm
We didn't file charges because she looked to have been in a bad way and it turns out we were right. We had them trespass her and he took her to where she claims she is living. The officer called back and said her husband killed himself about 3 months ago and she hasn't been right since. He said several other officers knew her and asked him to tell us thank you for having compassion. I guess rather than be mad at her we should be praying for her.
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 5:25am
Holy cow. That’s scary.
Glad it all turned out ok for y’all and for her. Will pray for her as well.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 5:45am
WOW, just WOW!!   People like that need to be under supervised care somewhere!!

Have been a string of small scale robberies around here recently and they did catch the perps, where when we built I had ordered doors with Deadbolt lock bores already in them and neighbors considered me paranoid.  Now they are adding locks to their houses.

Edited by DMiller - 10 Dec 2020 at 5:47am
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 10:03am
Mental heath system is in very bad shape. One of the things we like to forget about until you have a run in with someone in need of help. Most of us live in more rural areas but that doesn't always keep you away from the trouble.

More than 30 years ago neighbor called here girls were headed out in a car going to high school in the morning. A man standing at the end of the driveway, being 15 miles out of town they put window down to see what was up. He tried getting in the car they drove off back to the house a 1/2 mile away. The mom called me, I found a car door open engine running as in the middle of the road as you could get just out of site of drive way.

Turned out to be a person off meds that had driven 200+ miles from San Francisco. The sheriff found him 2 miles away walking in the middle of the road, without his clothes by the time they got out here.

No one needs the nut jobs roaming out and about, but we need to make sure they are treated well when they are locked up. Because they were not treated well in the past the ACLU got the institutions closed down, and now we have them out and about.

Praying for a nearer to normal in your life thendrix. As well as all the heath issues in your family.  
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 10:15am
We never leave the house without locking the doors, even after lunch when I go outside to work and my wife takes a nap I lock the door when I go out. Too many crazies around, brother-in-laws house quarter mile up the road got broken into a few years ago and robbed 
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 1:10pm
I guess it spooked me more than I realized. I locked the door when I went out this morning and when I came back I was a little hesitant about walking up on the deck. Then I couldn't really get comfortable in the house until I walked through and looked in every room. It'll probably pass in a few days I guess
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 3:02pm
The feeling may not leave you. My partner in the tire shop had his house broken to, took wife's jewelry.   He lived 5 miles out on a paved highway in a beautiful home. Within 6 months he had a new house built in town. After the break in His wife was paranoid and refused to live in the country. Good luck with everything.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 9:40pm
Tyler, glad it all worked out good for you. That can be an unnerving experience but you did the right thing. Hope the lady can get some professional help. i am a lot more careful about locking my doors these days, I even lock the front door when I am downstairs working in my office. And I have a security camera monitor set up where my wife can watch the driveway and front yard when she is working in her craft room. Hope you can quickly get over the bad effects of your "visit' and just hang onto the caution part.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 9:51pm
usually only reason we find a chick out wandering here is because who ever kicked her outta the car was mad cuz she wouldn't give him a BJ! but there are lots of others out wandering around not minding their own business, looking for something or someone to get them a fast buck, only to waste it on meth or other drugs! ya'll see them little signs posted at the end of driveways or outside the house saying protected by your 2nd amendment, or trespassers will be shot or other related saying? now who ever reads those knows you own guns, and they will break in your house looking for them. have lots of vehicles in your yard? one will usually have the keys in it, soon it'll be gone. think about your surroundings and what it might cause people to do.
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 6:18am
I agree with you on the signs shameless. Guns and guitars are usually pretty easy to pawn so it seems like that would be inviting. I bought another gun to keep in the truck. As she was coming out the door I realized she was between us and every gun we own and I didn't know if she'd been in that closet or not. Luckily she hadn't. I won't get caught that way again

Edited by thendrix - 11 Dec 2020 at 6:19am
iowallis View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iowallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 8:31am
Twice I have had encounters with women wandering around in my yard  Sadly they were neighbors who were suffering from dementia/Alzheimer's.

First was about this time of year when I was still living on my parent's farm and the neighbor lady was coming up the driveway with no coat, gloves, etc.. and it was the bone chilling cold outside. Went out and asked her what was wrong and she asked for my dad to pull her car out of the ditch as she was stuck in the snow, there was no snow on the ground yet. I told her to come inside and I would get my dad. I called her husband and he came and got her. A few days later I remembered she had ditched her car and got stuck in the snow about 12 years before and my dad pulled her out.

A few years ago a lady was wandering through my yard in town and she was very, very agitated about how somebody stole her house and she couldn't find it. I recognized her as a family friend of my wife's uncle and lived 2 blocks north of me. I didn't know her name but asked if she knew "Bill Smith" and she calmed down and said "yes". I said "I know Bill also and I will call him and he will help you find your house". I had her sit in my back patio while I called uncle Bill and told him what was going on. Her husband showed up and was greatly relieved as he had left the house to take the garbage to the back alley and she was gone when he came back in. 

Both times the families realized they could no longer watch their loved ones at home and needed specialized care. That "old timers" disease is bad news.

Edited by iowallis - 11 Dec 2020 at 8:33am
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 10:33am
Sadly know a few as this, families INTENT on keeping care of them and just over run with that care.  Very Sad but sadder still that the infirmed are actually better off in Professional Care facilities.  A cousin's dad had a mild stroke years ago, the suspicion was Alzheimer's at first then they determined Dementia, he would run away thinking he was being abducted until they finally after two years placed him in a Home, he settled down, was fine with staff monitoring him until he slipped deeper, then was all could be done to get him to eat, and when that failed the Calls Made were they could not force him and he essentially starved himself to death.  At some point is better NOT to watch it occur.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 1:56pm
A gun in hand is worth a dozen in the closet. I keep the few that I have secured in a safe except for a "turkey gun" in a closet and my daily carry weapon which these days is a constant companion. 
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 6:36pm
Luckily no one close with issues that can get to the house here.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 11:31am
Originally posted by DMiller DMiller wrote:

Luckily no one close with issues that can get to the house here.

I am not so good with writing things but look at my post on this earlier. As many people as are in Californy the nearest occupied home is 3/4 of a mile away. I am 250 miles from LA or SF, 15 miles out of town on a dead end road. They are crazy, so can go anywhere. My road may be some busier than what you live on with a lime quarry at the very end and a 1000 or better recreational properties with access to a large lake 10 miles past me but not close to a highway. 

As  many crazies as there are here hopefully you don't have anywhere as many. But from some stats I have seen rural mid west has more meth users than the coasts. It is a real pain to lock things (I don't lock as much up as I should ) up, but you never know about the crazy people, cause they are crazy. 
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 2:35pm
Meth Capital County in MO is but a hour away lazily driving.  Meth heads we call Tweakers live in Owensville, was a group from there that were thieving around here recently.  Had a few odd cars/trucks drive up driveway, when Walk out front door they leave abruptly.  KNOW they are testing to see if anyone is home, also have Wireless Gate alarm at Barn down the hill, they so much as cross within a ten foot window of barn and BAM I get a call.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 4:40pm
Best this is to do like Shameless does.....some mean looking, unfriendly looking dogs.....
Don't want to do that?  Well........
The next best thing is to have a couple (or more) signs of "Beware of Dogs".
I put a log chain with a dogs collar hanging on the end, a water bowl and a chewed up ole boot layin in the yard.  It even scared the Mormons away!!
One of these days, I'm going to really GET a dog....
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 8:29pm
Ted, I like that idea. Next door neighbor has a Rottweiler and a German Shepherd that stay in their yard most of the time. Neither one is aggressive but the delivery drivers are afraid to get out of their vehicles. I have gone over and taken packages from the drivers and put them on their front porch when they were not home. The pups like me and help my lab guard my yard also.

Here's you a yard sign:

thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 5:31am
I like that one. Suits this place pretty good
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 9:29am
The unfortunate thing about the crazy ones is it won't matter what you do to keep them folks out or away from your home as they will walk up and try to get in, in spite of any warning signs. I keep the doors locked even if working in sight of the house. Guns unloaded and locked in a safe as the statistics will point out that you are more likely to accidentally kill a family member than an intruder, but do keep a baseball bat by the door that is hidden from view..
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 9:54am
Had another Drive thru peeker, so now started carrying my .45, anyone wants to play tag I keep a round chambered, first notch.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 10:39am
Guns locked in the safe won't do you a bit of good if you need one quickly. A good BRIGHT flashlight to help identify your target at night and blind them also plus let family members know to make themselves known and not to do anything stupid. Keeping the house locked when you can't watch it is good practice.

Dave, like you I carry locked and loaded just about all of the time now. 
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 4:07pm
I don't carry all the time, but the way things are going around La Crosse, I should start.  My problem is I don't have a backhoe....
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Clay View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 6:35pm
Better to be visited by an intruder in the warm months.  
The ground is softer and easier to dig holes.
Buzzards  are around to clean up the varmints.

For cold season.
Hog pens need to have at least a dozen hungry hogs.
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 6:33am
D, first notch?   Uh Uh, mine are locked and loaded, safety on of course.

Hubert, along with flash light, I am a big fan of the crimson trace laser on the house gun.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 10:40am
1911s have a BAD condition, hammer full down empty chamber no issue, jack a live one in the pipe and set hammer full down the pin is against the primer, first click back on hammer is safe carry as trigger will not release there, has to be pulled back for trigger to release.  Thus first notch.

Edited by DMiller - 16 Dec 2020 at 10:40am
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 1:42pm
Do you have trouble picking up the front sight quickly on your 1911? I looked seriously at a 1911 the other day but the front sight, rear sight, and barrel all being the same color made it hard for me to easily pick it up
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 3:08pm
Have not used handgun sights in AGES, was taught a technique, start by holding hand as would you weapon, even as fashion a grip to hold, point index finger then start pointing at objects at ten feet.  When consistent at that then start doing so with handgun, I used 1911 frame at first.  Then opt to target loads, as get where can hit what you used to point at consistently move the target to fifteen or twenty, then out to thirty.  I can draw and fire my 1911 no sight up and hit a paint gallon can 6 of 7 rounds at thirty feet.
Same for my 9mms, once set the muscle memory and test on occasion can be repeated effectively.  IE Paint Can=Human Head size.  I will NOT shoot to wound, two to center mass or one to the head.  Taught that 1974 Ft Knox KY by Rangemaster Sergeant.  I qualified hand weapon marksman with a slopped 1911.

Edited by DMiller - 16 Dec 2020 at 3:09pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic