This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

jd fc420v help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrgoodwrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: jd fc420v help
    Posted: 30 Aug 2014 at 11:37am
so a month or so ago my jd 240 started making an engine noise then the counterweight shaft came lose from the block. I assume the noise is from a worn counterweight bushing. I called the local dealer and jd has discontinuedthe counterweight and bushing. does anyone know if Kawasaki still offers this bushing and other internal parts? I called another dealer where I get some other small engine parts and since it had a jd engine number he wont look it up. would the small internat parts be different in the jd engine? I think I can still get the piston and rings from jd to do a complete rebuild. I had planned on replacing the mower but unless I spend about 5k I cant get anything new that is as heavy built as the old one so if I can save it I want to. don't mind spending a grand or so to get it done.
There are 3 ways to do job GOOD, FAST, CHEAP. YOU MAY CHOOSE 2. If its FAST & CHEAP it won't be GOOD, if it's GOOD & CHEAP it won't be FAST, and if its GOOD & FAST it won't be CHEAP!!!!
Sponsored Links

farmtoybuilder View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmtoybuilder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2014 at 12:50pm
http://www.partstree.com/parts/ and other online kawasaki parts places for them. You need rest of numbers and codes to get correct parts.
5 different TT-10's,5 TT-18's Terra Tigers,B-10,2 B-207's,B-110,2 B-112's,HB-112,B-210,B-212,HB212,2 Scamp's & Homilite T-10. Still hunting NICE HB-112 & anything Terra Tiger & Trailers for them.   
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2014 at 10:12pm
give the model type code or spec # and i will look up some other engine options like a kohler honda or briggs and then see what your local mower shop can do  i am just not a kawaski fan  is that one water cooled   www.tractorandequipmentservice.com                                                                                
Mrgoodwrench View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrgoodwrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2014 at 8:01pm
thanks hudco...it is FC420V-CSOO SER.#FC420-018469. I would consider a repower and maybe an step up in power. the 260 was 18hp on the same chassis so I think it would take it. I like the Kawasaki but parts are hard to find and are expencive. I olny use it in the tight areas and on my sand mound septic and a few banks. I do the rest of my mowing with a b or c but the 240 is a tough little unit and id like to keep it. it ia air cooled

Edited by Mrgoodwrench - 14 Sep 2014 at 8:03pm
There are 3 ways to do job GOOD, FAST, CHEAP. YOU MAY CHOOSE 2. If its FAST & CHEAP it won't be GOOD, if it's GOOD & CHEAP it won't be FAST, and if its GOOD & FAST it won't be CHEAP!!!!
Seth Souerdike View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seth Souerdike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2014 at 8:21pm
well there's your problem its green!
There are no atheist in foxholes.

Mrgoodwrench View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrgoodwrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2014 at 11:11pm
Looks like small eng. Warehouse has a Briggs 17.5hp kit for $675... I think it will cost that to fix the kawasaki if I can find all the parts.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic