This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's all Dad's fault....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacob (WI,ND) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: It's all Dad's fault....
    Posted: 26 May 2010 at 9:36pm
LOL!
It's all my Dad's fault!  
I just had to laugh, I got a call from Dad tonight.  After the typical small talk, he gets to the point.  "You want another WD?"  
Ha! "Maybe" I say, "what's the story?"
He tells me another guy at work has a WD for sale and approached him if he was interested.  I guess we are getting popular as the AC guys.  Guess it was this guys Dad's tractor, was going to fix it up, is realizing he will never get to it, etc...
Been sitting outside for a while now.  Did run, but had a "Miss".  Might be valve issues.  Wide front.  Loader, might be Allis.  Big plus is it has power steering I guess.  One rear tire is flat, rims in unknown condition.  Oh, and a tree might have fell on it, minor detail, LOL!

So, Dad's going to find out more tomorrow.  Told him depending on what the guy wants for it, we'll go take a look at it this weekend when I'm home.
Just what I need, another project! Ha Ha!

It's all his fault, he keeps finding these tractors that I can't pass up!

"Lil' Allis"- "Hey, there is an add in the shopper for a C, you interested?"  Done.
"Frank"- "Hey, there is a guy at work with a B for sale, you interested?" (really was a C) Done.

Now this one....
At least I found 2 of my 4 tractors myself.  

I think he's getting the bug now as bad as me.  At least he's cheaper than me, and only finds the real bargains, LOL!

I just had to share.  Anyone else have this problem?
Jacob Swanson
1920 6-12; 1925,1926 20-35 longfenders; 1925,1926 15-25's; 1927,1929 20-35 shortfenders; C; B's; IB; WC's; WD; WD45
Sponsored Links

Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2010 at 9:47pm
Well yes My Dad was at a sale three years ago and came home with a 1967 C50 Chevy truck for the big farm that I have.  I love my dad and know he will not be here for ever, So if he gets something for me I just smile and make sure I use it some. LOL
Don
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

Dave(inMA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave(inMA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2010 at 10:16pm
Treasure your dad, Jacob.
WC, CA, D14, WD45
Osage_Orange View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Osage_Orange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2010 at 11:29pm
Jacob: That's a good problem to have!  If you get "too many" (I don't know how to define that), I can store some of them for you at my place. Of course, being a good "collector", I would keep them exercised, etc...............O_O
Why is there never time to do it right the first time, but always time to go back and fix it?
John (C-IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John (C-IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 6:32am
Never, I mean NEVER tell my father that you are looking for something. Usually within two weeks he will have it sitting at the farm waiting for me to come and get it.
GlenninPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlenninPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 6:53am
John,

My Dad was the same way. I miss it.

Glenn
gary ny View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary ny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 7:06am
My dad would scream at me for having so many first of all .then he would say what are you going to  do with them all?then he would say when in the world are you going to get to restoring them?Then he would look at them and say gee this one  would be a nice little one to have all fixed up to take to shows.Or that one would be nice to use in the garden or that one would be nice for a tractor drive ,but then would be right back to when Are you going to get at them?LOL  My dad was so practical !I miss him alot.
Dale-OH View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale-OH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 7:58am
My problem is dad calls "Bring the trailer and come get this", and sometimes "you might want to bring a friend".  If dad says  bring a friend I try to take 3, cause its going to be interesting.
Darrell, Jr. (MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrell, Jr. (MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 9:13am
John, the problem we have is to find a use for something we found...lol, and what's really funny is we usually a back burner project that it will work for!
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 9:17am
Yep, Dad drug home those AC's when I was a kid and that is what we had to work with all my younger years!!!  Wished he were here now, I bet he would appreciate mine!
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 5:23pm
My dad does the same for me. He calls and says bring the trailer but the only problem is we live 700 miles apart. He doesn't buy junk just good running tractors but I like to buy cheap junk. I can buy parts here and there instead of giving up lots of cash up front.I still havent seen my C hicrop (avatar) in person yet. I took my time paying for it so he may slow down on spending my money for a spell. These tractors wouldn't mean so much to me if it wasn't for my dad.
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 7:41pm
Thad, I never noticed your avatar till now. Neat looking outfit.

http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Jacob (WI,ND) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacob (WI,ND) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2010 at 9:06pm
Well, guess what happened?......
I'll start a new post, 
stay tuned!......
Jacob Swanson
1920 6-12; 1925,1926 20-35 longfenders; 1925,1926 15-25's; 1927,1929 20-35 shortfenders; C; B's; IB; WC's; WD; WD45
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2010 at 9:01am
My dad doesn't move quite as well as he used to, but still has a few years left, so I'm grabbing every opportunity.

He's always been a 'project' guy, but aside from doing a partial restoration of a Model A Ford, nothing ever seemed to be highly technical... if it could be done with a coupl'a socket wrenches and a mallet, he'd do it.

There was a time once when he would be the "you're wasting your time and money" guy...  the most recent, though, was about 12 years ago, when I built up a little loader tractor from a pile of Cub Cadet parts, and a half-missing Johnson Workhorse loader.  He said "You'll never USE it".

Of course, I used it for everything... just carryin' heavy stuff around the yard, even picked up the back end of a Jeep to set it on stands... moving trailers.  Yeah, he realized he was wrong on that call.

<Fast forward 12 years> 

Dad:  "What's your opinion of Mike's little Deere? {4wd compact FEL}" 
Dave: "well, it works fine, but Mike says the parts and attachments are incredibly expensive.  I dunno much about 'em, but I kinda doubt they're domestic.
Dad:  "You're right about the price."

<Fast forward two days>
Dad:  "Can 'ya weld up a bracket for me?"
Dave:  "Sure- what'cha got?"
Dad:  "Need a gadget that'll let me clamp a trailer ball to a loader bucket.  I found a guy that had a little Kubota, he needed to trade up".
Dave:  "Whad'ja do that for?  You'll never use it..."
Dad:  "Like you said- This gettin' old $#it ain't for sissies".
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic