This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Classifieds
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ISO Allis fridge light bulb

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bleeds orange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ISO Allis fridge light bulb
    Posted: 24 Oct 2023 at 8:43pm
Need help locating a new light bulb for my allis refrigerator. I tried a t7 and t8. Too big need something a little smaller. There wasn't a bulb in it when I purchased. The socket does work though.

Thanks cory
Sponsored Links

Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2023 at 5:07am

Allis refrigerators were made by Frigidaire back in the 50's.

It was owned by General Motors. There was a Plant in Scarborough (Toronto) Ontario at the time.

The Plant was later converted over to assembly of GM Vans.

It was referred to as Scarborough Van Plant.

Gary

Here is a link to an Antique Appliance Shop in Clayton, Georgia.

https://www.antiqueappliances.com/

Link to a Post on the 'Appliance Blog' Forum discussing Allis Refrigerators.

https://www.applianceblog.com/mainforums/threads/putting-new-parts-in-an-old-1950ish-frigidaire.78710/

Edited by Gary - 25 Oct 2023 at 5:19am
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2023 at 6:24pm
Wait a minute-- Allis Chalmers fridges came from a buy out of an Itailan company to set up an anti -trust because of the White takeover atempt, think they probably got started in 1969 ,,,  I- H was in this business way before Allis,, 

Edited by DougG - 25 Oct 2023 at 6:24pm
bleeds orange View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bleeds orange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2023 at 4:28pm
I must be the only one on the forum that owns an allis chalmers refrigerator?

DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2023 at 5:24pm
Oh No ,,, its a Philips 130 v- 15 watt XOA bulb- screw in socket

Edited by DougG - 29 Oct 2023 at 5:29pm
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bleeds orange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2023 at 5:59pm
What does XOA mean
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2023 at 6:48pm
I have no idea-- thats whats on the bulb,, remember this was made in 1960/ early 70 ,s 

Edited by DougG - 30 Oct 2023 at 5:37pm
GreenOrange View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenOrange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2023 at 9:56pm
I can look at mine to see how it’s labeled. Are all the lightbulbs the same in the different models? What model is your fridge?
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bleeds orange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2023 at 6:19pm
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bleeds orange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2023 at 6:20pm
That's all the info I have on fridge. I've tried T7 and T8 bulbs. They are slightly bigger than my socket in said fridge
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2023 at 8:27pm
T7 and T8 mean TUBE bulb.. That has nothing to do with the THREAD size.. Is your base  SMALLER than a regular lamp bulb? ... Most house hold bulbs are E26 / E27 base size... That is 27 mm or just slightly bigger than 1 inch..... once you know the BASE size, you can search that and come up with a variety of bulb sizes for that Base..

An E17 base is .670 inch or  11/16  (just over 5/8 inch)... A E14 base would be .55 inch or 9/16 inch... E14 is a common European size, if the frig was Italian..

-------------------------

The names for screw-in fittings start with the letter ‘E’, which means Edison Screw. The second part of the name corresponds to the diameter of the lamp holder into which the bulb screw goes into. So, E12 screws fit into a 12mm holder while an E17 screw fits into a 17mm diameter holder, and so on.

Edited by steve(ill) - 30 Oct 2023 at 8:39pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Jacob (WI,ND) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacob (WI,ND) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2023 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

T7 and T8 mean TUBE bulb.. That has nothing to do with the THREAD size.. Is your base  SMALLER than a regular lamp bulb? ... Most house hold bulbs are E26 / E27 base size... That is 27 mm or just slightly bigger than 1 inch..... once you know the BASE size, you can search that and come up with a variety of bulb sizes for that Base..

An E17 base is .670 inch or  11/16  (just over 5/8 inch)... A E14 base would be .55 inch or 9/16 inch... E14 is a common European size, if the frig was Italian..

-------------------------

The names for screw-in fittings start with the letter ‘E’, which means Edison Screw. The second part of the name corresponds to the diameter of the lamp holder into which the bulb screw goes into. So, E12 screws fit into a 12mm holder while an E17 screw fits into a 17mm diameter holder, and so on.
And this is why I love this forum. I didn't plan on learning about light bulb screw bases tonight, but here we are.  I didn't know any of this, and now I do.  Thanks Steve!
Jacob Swanson
1920 6-12; 1925,1926 20-35 longfenders; 1925,1926 15-25's; 1927,1929 20-35 shortfenders; C; B's; IB; WC's; WD; WD45
GreenOrange View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenOrange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2023 at 9:08pm
So mine's just marked Philips 130V 15W XOA.  In taking some measurements and comparing to Steve's explanation, it seems to be an E14 base.

I agree with Jacob - what a great site!  Hope this helps you - a quick google search yielded some that look just like it.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2023 at 12:38pm
I too agree!!  Learning NEVER stops until you're dead and gone.

Here's a site for bulbs....
https://www.1000bulbs.com/fil/search?q=e14
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bleeds orange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2023 at 5:22pm
I found an e14 bulb and installed it.   Now I can see all my beer when I open my allis fridge. Thanks to everyone for the guidance and info.

Thanks cory
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic