This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Isky cam specs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O.P.S. Heads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 9:27am
Neat. Attach the video.

Someone do the math. 9.8 MPH in 2nd gear with 38 inch tires = how many RPM??

So let me restate my previous post: Single digit MPH for $15,000.00. Where do we sign up??
Sponsored Links

mgburchard View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgburchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 9:33am
Larry call pan key 4two three7794425 he says as long as nitwits are on here I can't say anything else
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 9:40am
Originally posted by mgburchard mgburchard wrote:

Larry call pan key 4two three7794425 he says as long as nitwits are on here I can't say anything else

Larry, Decoded that means
Oops, I have BSed myself into a corner and must go read some more on the internet before I can comment.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgburchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 9:49am

Originally posted by O.P.S. Heads O.P.S. Heads wrote:

$15,000.00 for something that(theoretically)goes down the track at 3 MPH. Simply impressive.....
slowest run to date is 9.8 miles an hour second gear
since nitwits are on here you have to provide details like your math only presumes it's hooked and not spinning.slippage changes the mile an hour
O.P.S. Heads View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O.P.S. Heads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 5:58pm
You have an incredible knack for missing the point.

30 years ago I had a WD 45 that bought to pull with. I bought the tractor for $325.00. The engine was assembled by Doc Allis using used 4.125 bore M and W pistons and sleeves from a WD - WC machined to work with the 4.500 inch crank. 240 raging cubic inches that on it's best day it had 73 HP on the M and W dyno. That is what I started pulling with and it was a lot of fun as far as being able to win over and over again without any breakage. The only maintenance ever done was changing the oil, plugs, and points. Now by todays standards it wouldn't be much, but I don't think I had $1000.00 in the whole thing including paint.

Your claim of second gear(if that is real and not make believe)is lacking data as usual and doesn't say much. Mine would do that any day of the week in any town at 3500 lbs. with 14.9 X 38 tires. Yes it would complete the run and spin it out - not die.

If anyone is dumb enough to give you $15,000.00 cash to work on a W 4 cylinder engine what you product better be good enough to run road gear no matter the weight. I doubt we ever see any video of anything you supposedly build and I doubt you get many takers on your amazing offer....

Edited by O.P.S. Heads - 08 May 2015 at 5:59pm
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 6:32pm
My charts say with a 14.9 x 38 at 1300 RPM equals 4.5 MPH on a std WC chassis. Looks to me like 2831 RPM would get you 9.8 MPH.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgburchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 7:01pm
Yep it was spinning a little over 1100 rpms then .O'Brien will you post the 175 valve opening and intake closing degrees from the power is knowledge book ? Pankeys is locked up in shop
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgburchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 7:03pm
Yep it was spinning a little over 1100 rpms then .O'Brien will you post the 175 valve opening and intake closing degrees from the power is knowledge book ? Pankeys is locked up in shop
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 7:23pm
Intake opens at 3 degrees BTDC.....Intake closes at 48 degrees ABDC..........Exhaust opens at 38 degrees BBDC......Exhaust closes at 13 degrees ATDC.   Actual valve lift is .460" Intake    .458" Exhaust.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgburchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by DrAllis DrAllis wrote:

Intake opens at 3 degrees BTDC.....Intake closes at 48 degrees ABDC..........Exhaust opens at 38 degrees BBDC......Exhaust closes at 13 degrees ATDC.   Actual valve lift is .460" Intake    .458" Exhaust.
Thank you . 232 degrees of duration on intake and exhaust .ICL is 112.5 exhaust cl is 102.50. Oh 16 degrews of duration Specs for 175 can as installed per power is knowledge manual

Edited by mgburchard - 08 May 2015 at 8:40pm
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2015 at 4:46am

You have an incredible knack for missing the point.

LOL only question is if it is shear stupidity or pulling chains? either way it is fun  to back them towards a corner and watch them squirm.

Notice that your 9.8 MPH RPM question was answered by Dr allis at just over 2300 and then Pank comes back with "yup it was turning 1100 RPM??   Yup pank, thats tire slip for ya, LOL Only as usual you got it backwards.

All the jiberish does add up in this case, 452 cubes making 50HP because of his pank dream world camshaft. Having to run second gear is totally believable.
Hey Pank I have a model   A in the shop that has 60 hp and 461 cubes and was built in 1938, LOL You want my cam specs so you can gain 10 HP?
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2015 at 5:53am
I keep thinking the Tennessee State Educational system has failed miserably in Reading, Writing and Math ??
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgburchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2015 at 6:07am

I keep thinking the Tennessee State Educational system has failed miserably in Reading, Writing and Math ??
lol OK let's try again the engine was turning 4 grand so there was a over 1100 rpms lost due to tire slippage making 9.8 it slowest run to date
Ken(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2015 at 7:02am
lol OK let's try again the engine was turning 4 grand so there was a over 1100 rpms lost due to tire slippage making 9.8 it slowest run to date
Look at this, one last post and it's clear as day!! What a Shazam moment that was!! Now it's "tire slippage to explain the 1100 rpm statements none of us could understand. Go big or go home Mitch, how much power do you lose going through the gear box? and how much might you save by running direct (that would be fourth gear Pank, down and to the right, just so you don't get confused about where to find it). Just a little food for thought, that may help you out some.
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2015 at 7:52am

Thank you . 232 degrees of duration on intake and exhaust .ICL is 112.5 exhaust cl is 102.50. Oh 16 degrews of duration Specs for 175 can as installed per power is knowledge manual

Thank you for enforcing my point. Now I've measured a bunch of stock cams to see any difference. Its wrote down in a book I keep at the shop. What I found was 112-113 intake centerline. Just going from memory here, but I think the .050" duration numbers were about 176* or so.

Now let's do the old trick of taking a stock cam and advancing it 1 tooth. Well our intake centerline now becomes 99-100* atdc, or the intake closing point moves from 48* abdc to about 35* abdc. What happens? The engine makes noticeably more power.

You want to close the intake valve 115 abdc........I do hope you realize that that thing called the piston is moving up in the bore and has already passed the half way point, it's moving rapidly and slowing down. Hoping to finally compress some of the air you have blown back out the intake tract......just think of the other cylinder paired on that port fighting for a breath while the air has stalled and reversed direction.

Good luck goof troop. Make sure to show us a video and let us know what events you will be at.
"see what happens when you have no practical experience doing something...... you end up playing with calculators and looking stupid on the internet"
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgburchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2015 at 8:30am
Marty advancing the intake caused your exhaust duration to increase over 20 degrees in duration

Edited by mgburchard - 09 May 2015 at 8:31am
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2015 at 8:38am

Marty advancing the intake caused your exhaust duration to increase over 20 degrees in duration

Saved.....the duration doesn't increase 20 degrees by advancing or retarding the cam you nitwit. When the valve events happen change . Dang boy, you don't know the basics.
"see what happens when you have no practical experience doing something...... you end up playing with calculators and looking stupid on the internet"
cranky View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cranky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2015 at 8:38am
what the hell are you talking about? moving the cam made the lobes swell up ?
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgburchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2015 at 9:00am
Any can grinder will tell you you need a different can if you advance it 12 degrees . if you reground that can held the 112 cl the new can to have the same ivo ivc would have 255 degrees intake duration at the same lifter rise as it was at 230 degrees duration . any degree you advance the centerline to adds to the ivo and ivc evo and evc at that lifter rise valve events are known at. Its Palin and simple increase stroke increases piston speed and length of cylinder given that anyone can see you need more duration from the same head and valve to fill cylinder .

Edited by mgburchard - 09 May 2015 at 9:24am
O.P.S. Heads View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O.P.S. Heads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2015 at 9:24am
Can grinder. Not we are changing the profile of what we put over the muffler when it rains...

The duration doesn't change when you advance or retard the cam. Everybody knows that.

Pank uses a framing square to measure bore sizes. I assume he uses a sun dial to degree camshafts. That might be where the confusion begins.

ACFarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACFarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2015 at 9:25am
Always a fun read when pank gets on here..... I'm still wondering who would spend 15 grand to go 10mph on a WD lol.
Making A living everyday farming with and working on Allis Equipment
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgburchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2015 at 9:53am

Can grinder. Not we are changing the profile of what we put over the muffler when it rains...

The duration doesn't change when you advance or retard the cam. Everybody knows that.

Pank uses a framing square to measure bore sizes. I assume he uses a sun dial to degree camshafts. That might be where the confusion begins.

auto spelling doesn't like cam I recon .but if you hog out the exhaust port and run a header you need a can on exhaust to keep from over scavenging . no one said duration changed ICL change to have the same valve events at the same ICL 112 duration changes
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgburchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2015 at 9:57am
ICL is the key to getting around all nelsons issues with duration and siameese ports. When one advances the ICL he is increasing is dcr back closer to his original scr but there is a point where you advance the ICL and loose dcr to find that point you would have to use degree bushings like Pankey does go advance 2 ,4,6,8 and read compression tester each time then advance can one tooth for 12 degrees and start using 2,4,6,8 degree bushing to reduce the ICL . There is also a point where duration will increase dcr by giving the valves correct time to stay open to fill the cylinder and cylinder depression come back to atmospheric. There is also a time duration will reduce cranking compression dcr by closing intake valve while cylinder is still below atmospheric pressure under depression in a vacuum .

Edited by mgburchard - 09 May 2015 at 10:38am
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2015 at 10:30am

Larry the one Pankey spec for my 452 inch allis is 356 duration at .006 lift with ivo at 61.2 degrees btdc and ivc 115 degrees abdc

You do realize you will have to retard the cam to a 117* atdc intake centerline......for these specs to be true.

You won't get the chain tight.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgburchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2015 at 10:35am
Originally posted by wi50 wi50 wrote:

Larry the one Pankey spec for my 452 inch allis is 356 duration at .006 lift with ivo at 61.2 degrees btdc and ivc 115 degrees abdc

You do realize you will have to retard the cam to a 117* atdc intake centerline......for these specs to be true.

You won't get the chain tight.
nope can grind is on 105 icl
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgburchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2015 at 10:38am
Bumb
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgburchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2015 at 10:47am

ICL is the key to getting around all nelsons issues with duration and siameese ports. When one advances the ICL he is increasing is dcr back closer to his original scr but there is a point where you advance the ICL and loose dcr to find that point you would have to use degree bushings like Pankey does go advance 2 ,4,6,8 and read compression tester each time then advance can one tooth for 12 degrees and start using 2,4,6,8 degree bushing to reduce the ICL . There is also a point where duration will increase dcr by giving the valves correct time to stay open to fill the cylinder and cylinder depression come back to atmospheric. There is also a time duration will reduce cranking compression dcr by closing intake valve while cylinder is still below atmospheric pressure under depression in a vacuum .
bump
blue924.9 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue924.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2015 at 1:33pm

Bumb

Can't tell if this special Olympian failee is trying to say bump or dumb, the latter he happens to be speaking of himself
hi my names dan, I am a young guy. i have a problem, i prefer my tractors orange and my clutches mechanical, thanks for letting me share
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgburchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2015 at 8:40pm
By the way Marty we have to assume that the allis 230 duration valve events is at .050 since it was probably read in a block verses cam Dr. Its really hard to read .006 rise in a block after all the valve lash was 14-16 so it had to be read at higher than lash
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgburchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2015 at 8:48pm
Larry the cam you have has less than 230 lift .You can see this right awayif you look at the heel then rotate the cam you will see where the lifter rises up the lash ramp then drops off in a valley where lash opens back up then starts closing and rising looks a lot like the ramp cranky shows in the 175 can specs topic. If you believe a engine and a air compressor are the same you will love that cam it has -5 overlap . Pankey said he hated it worse can he ever had cause he builds engine not air compressors
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic