This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Isky cam specs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue924.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by Butch(OH) Butch(OH) wrote:

Originally posted by mgburchard mgburchard wrote:

Larry the one Pankey spec for my 452 inch allis is 356 duration at .006 lift with ivo at 61.2 degrees btdc and ivc 115 degrees abdc

Please post a video of that one running. It will take a super charger plus you two blow hards blowing in the intake ( a three charger set up LOL) for it to even fire with only 4 degrees of valve closer.LOL

your right pank, you (a nobody) was talking about a 452 inch allis pulling engine, geez you sure made that easy
hi my names dan, I am a young guy. i have a problem, i prefer my tractors orange and my clutches mechanical, thanks for letting me share
Sponsored Links

mgburchard View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgburchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 8:17pm
Blue Pank will build a 452 for anyone it just takes 15 grand of cash
blue924.9 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue924.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by mgburchard mgburchard wrote:

Blue Pank will build a 452 for anyone it just takes 15 grand of cash
You give me an n itemized list and cost of each item I'll scrap the 240 incher I built this winter and take a trip to TN with cash in hand
hi my names dan, I am a young guy. i have a problem, i prefer my tractors orange and my clutches mechanical, thanks for letting me share
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 8:47pm
You're 240 will run better than pranks imaginary build. He specked 115 degrees after bottom dead center intake valve closing....... trust me, a poor running weed whip will make more power.
"see what happens when you have no practical experience doing something...... you end up playing with calculators and looking stupid on the internet"
blue924.9 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue924.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by wi50 wi50 wrote:

You're 240 will run better than pranks imaginary build. He specked 115 degrees after bottom dead center intake valve closing....... trust me, a poor running weed whip will make more power.

i do because to be honest all the numbers and technical info you contribute to teaching others escapes me, but i can and will admit i have no clue instead of making up crack pipe builds and specs
O.P.S. Heads View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O.P.S. Heads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 9:36pm
$15,000.00 for something that(theoretically)goes down the track at 3 MPH. Simply impressive.....
Larry(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2015 at 5:38am
Who has the tractor with this cam in it now. I'd like to discuss this with them and see it run. I am still looking to get 500", but not sure if I can. Also thinking of a fuel injection set up. Seen a Kinsler set up on a little GM 4 banger and got me thinking. That would take care of all the carb issues and most likely be NATPA div 1 legal the way their rules are

Edited by Larry(OH) - 07 May 2015 at 5:38am
'40 WC puller,'50 WD puller,'50 M puller '65 770 Ollie

*ALLIS EXPRESS contact*

I can explain it to you, BUT I cannot understand it for you!!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgburchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2015 at 5:50am
Like the fuel injection Pankey is showing on my tractor over on all is WC and WD pulling engines face book forum .
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2015 at 8:10am
Originally posted by Larry(OH) Larry(OH) wrote:

Who has the tractor with this cam in it now. I'd like to discuss this with them and see it run.

LOL Larry, You will never get an answer to a question like that from Pank.
Larry(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2015 at 12:21pm
What is the facebook page. I'll see if I can find it sometime

*ALLIS EXPRESS contact*

blue924.9 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue924.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2015 at 1:51pm
dont bother larry i checked this morning before i went to school, NO FUELINJECTION FOUND just some dorky carbs slapped on something with an allis chalmers hood
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgburchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2015 at 2:01pm
Larry ohio Pankey says thank you for showing that Marty and Butch aren't the ones to talk to about camshafts . Even though it took two years you came through and that deserves a thank you Pankey says .
Ken(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2015 at 2:40pm
One word.....           "WOW"    sums it up, to be interpreted anyway you please.

Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 5:01am

Marty, The late intake closing will help the all thread head studs last a bit longer and might help with bent con rods also. Maybe this one will get more than 5 hooks before KA-BOOM!

wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 5:16am
Well the definition of a hook is to get the hook attached to the drawbar and move the sled. I have no doubt that opening the intake valve 61.2 degrees btdc and closing it 115 abdc the engine will not start or run under its own power. However it will turn over easy, and any decent battery will propel the tractor with the starter. It will last a good many hooks with charging in between ........pank won't have to worry about starting in gear any more. He won't be able to run his own leg over this time and take out any innocent port-a-potties.
"see what happens when you have no practical experience doing something...... you end up playing with calculators and looking stupid on the internet"
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgburchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 6:11am

Well the definition of a hook is to get the hook attached to the drawbar and move the sled. I have no doubt that opening the intake valve 61.2 degrees btdc and closing it 115 abdc the engine will not start or run under its own power. However it will turn over easy, and any decent battery will propel the tractor with the starter. It will last a good many hooks with charging in between ........pank won't have to worry about starting in gear any more. He won't be able to run his own leg over this time and take out any innocent port-a-potties.
pan key was hoping ignorant Marty would reply . He had me post the 356 duration. At .006 lifter rise cause he knew Marty had never cam dr. Anything cams if he had he would have understood lifter rise . The duration at 016 lifter rise is 287 degrees and at .050 it's 244 degrees of duration .took patiently two years to show Marty and butches ignorance but it's shown now
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 6:29am
180+115+61.2 is 356.2 but it doesn't work.....trust me. It doesn't work. And then you have a very slow ramp of you go from .006 lifter rise to .016 in 69 degrees, or 34.5 on each side. You'll have a pooch. Boys with stock parts will beat up on it. At 244* at .050 there is so much intake overlap it won't make any.

You have to understand the dynamics of a Siamese port 4 cyl with a flat crank. And you don't. Just reading the fuel injection thread shows that.
Ken(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 7:13am
Once again, someone is trying to convince us that he has discovered a new break through in technology and everyone else is too dense to understand it. Ron Iskedarien's name is being bantered about above, so if Pankey is in bed with Ron, let's hear this from old Ron himself, get him on here to clear this up for us and make us understand it. My guess is that although we are led to believe that Pank and Isky are partnered up on this "new technology brainstorm", Isky has no knowledge of it. I would think that Pank would be grinding his own master cams in a top secret laboratory by now considering his level of expertise. 
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgburchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 7:21am

180+115+61.2 is 356.2 but it doesn't work.....trust me. It doesn't work. And then you have a very slow ramp of you go from .006 lifter rise to .016 in 69 degrees, or 34.5 on each side. You'll have a pooch. Boys with stock parts will beat up on it. At 244* at .050 there is so much intake overlap it won't make any.

You have to understand the dynamics of a Siamese port 4 cyl with a flat crank. And you don't. Just reading the fuel injection thread shows that.
this comes from a guy who told his customers that a 4 3/4 bore couldn't be done and changed out a Barney camshaft that everyone on forum talks about how good they run . Anyone know what the duration of barns cam is . Does anyone care to post the 175 allis published ivo and ivc points from the power is knowledge. By the way you only have duration numbers for cylinder 1 .pank understands dynamics of Siamese ports
Charlie175 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 7:24am
Here is the FI picture

Edited by Charlie175 - 08 May 2015 at 7:24am
Charlie

'48 B, '51 CA, '56 WD45 '61 D17, '63 D12, '65 D10 , '68 One-Ninety XTD
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 7:39am
That's awesome. A junk throttle body hanging on a carb. See the linkage behind it ha going onthe carb......

Anyways let's play along. Prank says its a constant flow system with 4 injectors in the manifold. 1200 cfm throttle body. There's no radius and a 90* corner to get the air from a 1200 cfm throttle body into a 120 cfm manifold. So the throttle body actually hinders what an unmolested manifold could do of it had a fighting chance.

Now let me lay out out, 1-2-4-3 firing order. Constant flow spraying in manifold. Cyl 1 gets a drink, cyl 2 gets to small of a drink. Cyl 4 has had a lo g time before a drink and it's a big one and poor cyl 3 gets to small of a drink, meanwhile cyl 1 had a break and gets to big of a drink.

Now how do we controlled the air to the system? We have a 1200 cfm throttle body on a 120 cfm manifold. So the throttle plate only rotates a few degrees in order to allow the engine to get all the air it's going to get.

We controlled the fuel through a barrel valve in a constant flow system. The barrel valve is hooked by arms and linkage to the throttle shaft, or we could hook it to the throttle itself.......so we have no way to synchronise the barrel valve to the throttle as it rotates only a few degrees to get to WOT for the engine.

So this fuel system of panks must be a real marvelous piece of engineering?......an attempt to be a big shot fuel systems engineer? Or just the rambelings of an idiot?
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 7:53am
Butch, it just dawned on me.....the nuke goof troop is building a light super with those cam specs, 2 blowhards, one supercharger and fuel injection......rember 505 cube limit in light super, push rod engine boys.

How's the air system plumbed? I use 3 turbochargers with 2 billet 4.3 compressors feeding a bigger billet, ball bearing bottom turbo. I've often wondered how 2 blowhards and a supercharger work. Does each of the blowhards blow in the supercharger? Does the supercharger blow the blowhards? Individually or in series? Does each blowhard blow another blowhard and the supercharger is just there as excess baggage?

blue924.9 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue924.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 8:01am
No I think the blow hards blow each other while dreaming the engine is running while they take turns spinning the blower by hand
Ken(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 8:18am
His engine may have a better chance of running backwards, maybe he's onto  something here....That injection system is an absolute marvel, reminds me of a Kinsler setup I saw once being removed from an Indy car, and the new Chief Machanic doing this made the comment that he wouldn't hang that POS on a farm tractor, looks like Pank did though!
Larry(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 8:33am
How about going to a roller cam? Any benefits? could a guy take a Hillborn from a SBC and cut it in 1/2 and adapt to work?

*ALLIS EXPRESS contact*

Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 8:52am
Pank, I have an idea for your next drama series.

"How to install a needle and seat in a Zenith"

If I was trying to impress the low end of the gene pool with a fakaroo fuel injector picture I would have at least moved the tractor away from the gasoline spill stain.LOLLOLLOL

Did you know you can shut the fuel off under the tank? Might save a shop fire and for certain some stink. 

Edited by Butch(OH) - 08 May 2015 at 8:55am
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgburchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 9:01am
Originally posted by Larry(OH) Larry(OH) wrote:

How about going to a roller cam? Any benefits? could a guy take a Hillborn from a SBC and cut it in 1/2 and adapt to work?
pank says not really and it's a lot of work just to go to a smaller diameter roller. Wheel than the 1 1/4 inch allis mushroom lifter.pank says finding a cam cheap that somebody doesn't like and paying to have intake love on two and three reground helps more than anything. Keeps cost down from having full cost of having one cam ground twice
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 9:05am
Originally posted by Ken(MI) Ken(MI) wrote:

His engine may have a better chance of running backwards, maybe he's onto  something here....That injection system is an absolute marvel, reminds me of a Kinsler setup I saw once being removed from an Indy car, and the new Chief Machanic doing this made the comment that he wouldn't hang that POS on a farm tractor, looks like Pank did though!

Ken, Those Indycar rednecks should consider themselves lucky that Pank has stayed out of their sport or they would all be on a breadline. 
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgburchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 9:15am
Originally posted by O.P.S. Heads O.P.S. Heads wrote:

$15,000.00 for something that(theoretically)goes down the track at 3 MPH. Simply impressive.....
slowest run to date is 9.8 miles an hour second gear
Larry(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 9:25am
pank says finding a cam cheap that somebody doesn't like and paying to have intake love on two and three reground helps more than anything.

Mitch, are you saying each one needs a defferent grind? I read that as #2 and #3 lobes? Your losing me here.

*ALLIS EXPRESS contact*

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic