This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Isky cam specs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Isky cam specs
    Posted: 29 Apr 2015 at 5:32am
Found the specs to the old cam I had in the "open" class engine. Ran good, sounded great.

It was spec'd and ordered by someone other than me. I called Isky with the number and they gave me all the other information
'40 WC puller,'50 WD puller,'50 M puller '65 770 Ollie

*ALLIS EXPRESS contact*

I can explain it to you, BUT I cannot understand it for you!!
Sponsored Links

bigcountry48 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigcountry48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2015 at 8:23am
What motor was the cam out of, and kind of cubic inches were you running with it?
1950 B, 1952 pulling wd, and 1954 wd45
Larry(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2015 at 12:30pm
45 motor, nothing major not enough cubes for todays world. Pankey ended up with it

*ALLIS EXPRESS contact*

mgburchard View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgburchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2015 at 5:34pm
Larry why are you posting Pankey can specs Its amazing that if you google 175 cam specification you get this forum and Pankey saying that all cams being purchased when cam Dr. Are 280 advertised with .330 lobe lift . Nelson says that's a generic berry camshaft profile but Larry posted a Isky profile . The thing is 195 degrees duration stock in a 226 in a 326 ci can use 215 degrres duration and a 426 ci can use 235 degrees duration at .050 and they all three act the same .no such thing as to big a camshaft but vwrry much so thing as to little a engine.

Edited by mgburchard - 30 Apr 2015 at 10:48am
Larry(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2015 at 7:45pm
Mitch, I just put out there since I found it and didn't go looking for the other post.  This is the cam you said that you didn't have anymore

*ALLIS EXPRESS contact*

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgburchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2015 at 5:57am
If Mitch hasn't seen it I'll pass this last post on to him . Your correct cam is in a quick reving running pulling currently engine.
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2015 at 8:00am
You didn't take a degree wheel and actually measure the cam out with a degree wheel did you Larry?
"see what happens when you have no practical experience doing something...... you end up playing with calculators and looking stupid on the internet"
Larry(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2015 at 2:16pm
NO..This is just what Isky told me when I gave them the cust number and info. Whoever has it now could do it for us i suppose.

Mitch, who is running it now?

*ALLIS EXPRESS contact*

wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2015 at 3:53pm
That answers a lot. If you were to call isky and send them a cam you would not get anything like that grind for a flat plane, 180* Siamese port engine like this. Somewhere there's a mis communication and error. Wrong specs were given

No offense to you Larry, but prank should know better.....of course he will lie through his teeth also and purposefully give bad information. We've seen it many times on here.

The way these engines are configured limit the available time we have available for the induction events. An engine with individual ports can tolerate more duration. A 6 cyl Siamese port can tolerate more duration. But a 180* or flat plane crank simply can't. You see there is overlap of the intake and exhaust valves, then there is overlap of both intake valves on a port at the same time that one exhaust valve is open......you wind up with 3 valves open on 2 cylinders opened together. In a sense, to much duration will "airlock" the engine to where it's not going to run well at all.

If you were to call any reputable can grinder or designer, you will get the same story.

The way these engines are configured with the flat plane 180* offset crank and the Siamese port it is hard to run much duration. If it had individual ports, you could. If it were a 6 cyl inline you can run more. But anything much more than the mid 220's @ .050" isn't going to work.

Edited by wi50 - 04 May 2015 at 3:55pm
"see what happens when you have no practical experience doing something...... you end up playing with calculators and looking stupid on the internet"
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2015 at 4:23pm
Those specs you have listed also have a longer exhaust duration than intake duration. That works in a ford with a poor flowing exhaust. But on the case of the ac, its backwards. The exhaust actually flows quite well.

I'll typically try and have a cam ground with less exhaust duration than intake for this reason. This helps the engine by allowing a few more degrees of push on the power stroke before the exhaust valve opens and it saves some of the exhausts inertia to scavange intake air in on valve overlap. This also allows for just a few more degrees of usefull intake duration, without in a sense opening up the cylinders to one another.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgburchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2015 at 5:32pm
Yep Pankey told you that you were doing way to much port work on the exhaust side if you remember of coarse a search would show it if you forgotten any Pankey says you learn from him fairly quick though
blue924.9 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue924.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2015 at 9:28pm
You should tell pank to come over to this site and inform us
hi my names dan, I am a young guy. i have a problem, i prefer my tractors orange and my clutches mechanical, thanks for letting me share
Larry(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 5:08am
WI...no offense taken. I knew nothing about what I jumped in to with both feet and had a hard learning curve.

*ALLIS EXPRESS contact*

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgburchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 7:20am
Blue you will just have to petition forum to let him back on to get his experience and knowledge
blue924.9 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue924.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 8:40am
Originally posted by mgburchard mgburchard wrote:

Blue you will just have to petition forum to let him back on to get his experience and knowledge

what?
hi my names dan, I am a young guy. i have a problem, i prefer my tractors orange and my clutches mechanical, thanks for letting me share
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 10:18am
Let me try an interpret........." Blue, you will just have to petition the Allis Forum members, to please let Panky back on the site to be able to write and share his vast experience and knowledge."
blue924.9 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue924.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 11:02am
ohh okay makes more sense, here i was trying to revert back to my 1st grade self to understand that but since there are others here that can use punctuation and are efficient in grammar i dont have to anymore.

as for the petition i will get right on that, propose it at the next unoffical allis legislative conventionWink of course like every other convention there will need to be a 75 percent minimum majority rule 
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 11:40am
Is there anyone who has read this thread that doesn't think Panky is still here????????
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgburchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 7:15pm
Larry the one Pankey spec for my 452 inch allis is 356 duration at .006 lift with ivo at 61.2 degrees btdc and ivc 115 degrees abdc
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 7:26am

Larry the one Pankey spec for my 452 inch allis is 356 duration at .006 lift with ivo at 61.2 degrees btdc and ivc 115 degrees abdc

Well pankey is no genius. At least you boys can laugh and say "I worked on it until it didn't run".

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgburchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 7:37am
Seams to me he knows more about cams than you do. Larry post a spec of a different manufacturer than berry and its what Pankey said it was in the 175 cam spec topic .how long ago is that topic been seams you would have learned a little more by now on how all the shelve grinds are 244 duration at 50
Larry(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 9:07am
MG...Can you get me the info on where to get one of those and someone to talk to about? I am getting things rounded up to build another engine. I am liking what your showing.

*ALLIS EXPRESS contact*

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgburchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 10:37am
Sure Its a Pankey and Iskyderian project .Pankeys number is 423- two42eightfive96 or the number you have for Ron Iskyderian
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 11:33am

Please post a video of that one running. It will take a super charger plus you two blow hards blowing in the intake ( a three charger set up LOL) for it to even fire with only 4 degrees of valve closer.LOL

Edited by Butch(OH) - 06 May 2015 at 11:34am
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgburchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 3:41pm
Lol that's funny butch . I knew you didn't know anything about engines . a 4 cycle single cylinder engine has 720 degrees of rotation to complete a cycle
blue924.9 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue924.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 4:19pm
452 inch single cylinder engine my ass lol. What level of the drug lab did that come from?
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgburchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 4:33pm
Blue no one said 452 inch single cylinder . I said a Cingle cylinder four cycle engine has 720 degrees and Pankey had me post those specs cause Marty said advertised duration back in the 175 spec forum was seat to seat as you can see at .006 lifter rise it's 354 duration seat to seat duration for any cam would be 360 degrees but its figured at a lifter rise not seat to seat
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 4:41pm

Lol that's funny butch . I knew you didn't know anything about engines . a 4 cycle single cylinder engine has 720 degrees of rotation to complete a cycle

No wonder you cant get cam timing right Pank, The degree wheel goes on the crankshaft, not the camshaft. We hadnt covered that for you but jee wizz? We assumed you knew something from watching engine build videos???

356 duration = 4 less than a full turn. Blow hard boy or it aint goen to fire ,,,, blow hard.

Life must be tough when you have to be hit over the head to learn anything Confused  dont forget to add video of your Allis single cylinder engine with 356 degrees of duration
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 4:46pm

Blue no one said 452 inch single cylinder . I said a Cingle cylinder four cycle engine has 720 degrees and Pankey had me post those specs cause Marty said advertised duration back in the 175 spec forum was seat to seat as you can see at .006 lifter rise it's 354 duration seat to seat duration for any cam would be 360 degrees but its figured at a lifter rise not seat to seat

Saved for future generations.  
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgburchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 7:22pm
Larry Ohio did you call Ron about the 356 degree of duration at .006 lifter rise? Let us know the duration at .050 please
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic