This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is This Funny Or Sad??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac45dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is This Funny Or Sad??
    Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 6:18am
Take a look...Whatta yall think???[TUBE]1OADXNGnJok[/TUBE]
54 wd-45gas ; 56 wd-45d N/F w/fact p/s ; 63 d-17 sIII N/F gas ; 60 D14 N/F ; 67 d-17 sIV N/F gas ; 63D15 sII W/F; 39rc#667 ; 2021 massey 4710 fwa ; gravely 2 wheel tractors
Sponsored Links

Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 6:52am
I'll go with funny.....And staged.
Kurt WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kurt WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 7:31am
Originally posted by Tbone95 Tbone95 wrote:

I'll go with funny.....And staged.

It’s funny but I really don’t know if it’s staged. My 13 and 12 year olds didn’t know how to use a rotary phone either! Heck they couldnt believe phones actually had cords! Lol
WD D17D 170 190xt 190xtIII 200 7020
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 7:36am
I have seen some that weren't even that smart...
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 7:42am
I agree...this one was staged
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 1:30pm
no it wasn't. they just don't understand dial phones
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 6:04pm
Ain't gonna waste the 4 minutes to watch...  new generation can't pour piss outta a boot, wif directions on the heel...Wink
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 8:39pm
Remember before dial. You picked up the receiver and waited for the operator to ask for the number you wanted to call.

Dusty
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
Ranse View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 8:53pm
Do you remember party lines? I remember when I was a kid you would pick up the phone to make a call and someone else would be talking on it. I remember my parents wouldn't let us talk to long because some of the neighbors might be waiting to use the phone. Everyone was on the same line.
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 10:22pm
Remember when you had ta turn a crank to get the operators attention... or your neighbor with 2 longs and a short or what ever combinations it was to get ahold of the right person?

He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
GARY(OH/IN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GARY(OH/IN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 11:55pm
Dad always said only reason we even had a phone was to call the elevator to get on the list so the A.I. would stop in to breed a cow in heat.
When one of them trashy girls I used to hang out with would call, Mom would be hitting me with a broom or something handy. Fifty-some years later and I still hate using a phone.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2019 at 7:04am
I remember our party line......pretty sure our ring was 2 longs, but that was a long time ago....

We had "another line" for a while.  The Sherriff Department Substation line.  I think it was another phone entirely?  Or maybe a different ring??  Boy, that one is vague,  I know who ever answered it was supposed to answer, "Sherriff Department Substation".  One time Dad was pretty tired, answered with , Sherriff Department Stub Station.  Mom got the giggles, and said to us kids, "Stubby here!"LOL  Then we were all laughing to which that always made dad pretty mad!

Then there was the fire alarm ring.  It just riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinggggggggggg steady until you picked it up.  Little button on the side of the phone would set off the whistle in town.  You didn't want to bump that button by accident!Shocked

Bank alarm used to ring into our house too.  It was always either the cleaning lady waiting there sheepishly for dad to show up.  Or the paper man hit the door with the paper!

Edited by Tbone95 - 07 Mar 2019 at 7:04am
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 8:52pm
The party line we had, to call somebody on the line, you dialed 23 and then the last number of your phone number. Then the last number of their phone number. We had 2 neighbors that hated each other. One day I picked up our phone and dialed23 then their last numbers. The conversation was not one to repeat in mixed company. Oh did I say mom and dad were not home.
weiner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weiner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 4:08pm
Yes,  I remember "number please"
Real heros wear dogtags, not capes.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 4:49pm
Dial M for Murder
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 7:33pm
I have a 1948 Western Electric rotary telephone on my desk...it works....and the ring from that thing at night will sit you up straight in bed! Not new enough to have a ringer adjustment. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic