This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is it all in the placement?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Les Royer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is it all in the placement?
    Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 7:44pm
Shameless I figgered you'd be the expert.

Which part of your property werks best this time of year to finish turning those garden freash tomatoes nice and ripe?
I still gots my A/C but it's clear out in the barn now.
Sponsored Links

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 8:29pm
up and out of reach of my Millie dog! we puts ours (what was left) on the top railing or our deck on the south side behind the deck table! she tried to gits them but was unsuccessful on those! she loves them maters!
Greg (Hillsboro, OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg (Hillsboro, OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 5:50am
I've had decent luck when just before frost comes,  I pull up the whole plant and take it down to my basement and hang the plants from the ceiling joists.  The tomatoes will continue to ripen for quite some time.   Since the plants are hanging, none of the tomatoes get soft spots or go bad sitting on a shelf or counter.
Les Royer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Les Royer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 7:47am
Well I was just askin cause some night whils't the dogs are sleepin i might come by and have a look see.................

I've only about 6 of em left...............

Edited by Les Royer - 23 Oct 2018 at 7:48am
I still gots my A/C but it's clear out in the barn now.
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 9:39am
every year when its getting close to the first frost. I pick all my tomatoes even green ones. place them in a cardboard soda flat and put them in my shop. sort so all colors are together dont stack them,and lay them on a table in the shop. cover with a paper bag and they ripen nicely if they are real green or you want to ripen faster put a bannana in with them. my shop is heated and has south windows. the squash thats not ripe i put in the son and keep the temp around 50 deg.. I didnt save many tomatoes this year I have 35 cases of canned goods in my pantry so I gave most away. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic