This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

is a ford problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: is a ford problem
    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 12:42am
the new 2020 ford explorers are trouble! the old lady....ooooops….I mean the loving wife is in charge of purchasing equipment and things to outfit new police cars/trucks/suv's. also in charge of service scheduling and vehicle complaints. then she gets to call ford motor company and chew a$$. she loves it...them...not so much! anyway...they have a new explorer (2020) and it has less than 2000 miles on it, it locked in park yesterday, they can't get it out of park, had to be towed to the ford dealer, she asked if this was common and they said yes, along with about 200 other things. most things the vehicle has to be towed in for warranty work/repairs. so if ya'll are thinking of a new explorer...
Sponsored Links

chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 7:27am
Didn't anybody research this vehicle being they seem to know this problem along with about 200 others exist already. I'm sure your loving wife was recommending Suburban's.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
1955CA View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1955CA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 7:34am
I don't want anything new, but I sure wish I could find another rust free 2005 2 door Sport.
Mine was the best vehicle I ever owned in my life. It had half a million miles when I parked it and never once had any major repairs.

Only reason I parked it was my wife rolled it in a deep ditch trying to save someones stray dog that ran out in front of her, and once my crappy dealership did the body work it rotted that first winter.
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 9:26am
I've got a 1989 Ford E-150 with about 150,000 miles, and never had any problems.

Dusty
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 9:49am
I gots a 2002 Explorer.. with 190K miles.. Been a good truck. We just got a "newer" car and ready to send the Explorer down the road... Somebody going to get a good SUV !
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
1955CA View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1955CA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

I gots a 2002 Explorer.. with 190K miles.. Been a good truck. We just got a "newer" car and ready to send the Explorer down the road... Somebody going to get a good SUV !

If it was a 95 I'd be all over it, LOL But 96 they switched from U-joints to cv joints and a few other things I'm not interested in.

The 95 was a one off......different from 94 and different from 96.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 10:06pm
i'm talking about the 2020 models...if'n any of ya'll goes and gits one...you've been warned! lol. Chas...if ford did test them, they prolly didn't test them beyond 100 miles! oooops...no maybe i'm wrong on that, prolly tested them for maybe 10 miles?
TimNearFortWorth View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimNearFortWorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 10:19pm
Does not seem to matter how well a model seems to be as it can change drastically from one year to the next so buyer beware.
Friend is chief here, cussed the Dodge Charger "police specials" as they could not keep brakes/rotors on them. Said you could answer a call and get there darned quick but stopping was another matter.
Had to plead his case to replace them and he threw a monkey wrench into the approval process by officially requesting both a Ford and Chevy SUV to try so they could compare and be done with it by the time all the Chargers timed out.
Said the GM won by a very big margin as the Ford was in the shop constantly, wrote his justification report based on up-time for the GM as they would not need the spare vehicles in the fleet like they experienced with the chargers.
All GM suvs now and happy as the the town council stays off his a$$ on repairs vs. the Chargers.
Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

i'm talking about the 2020 models...if'n any of ya'll goes and gits one...you've been warned! lol. Chas...if ford did test them, they prolly didn't test them beyond 100 miles! oooops...no maybe i'm wrong on that, prolly tested them for maybe 10 miles?
I fully agree with your statement. It's one of the reasons why I left the dealership world and never plan to go back. I honestly believe Ford uses new vehicle warranty in place of a significant amount of product development. If Ford actually fully developed everything and built a good sturdy product, their build cost would skyrocket far past warranty cost. They have to pay engineers full market rate if they expect to retain them. Dealerships and techs on the other hand, they can get away with screwing because we're not Ford employees and they hold all of the cards via the dealership franchise agreement. Warranty labor reimbursement is typically between 1/2 and 2/3 the door labor rate. To add insult to injury they use unrealistic flat rate times to pay out the low warranty labor rate. Then when techs find short cuts, they slash the flat rate times. New cars are not getting any simpler to figure out either. I finally said enough. I want to be paid fairly for ALL of my work so now I work for the state. They can take their flat rate and all of the other things that techs are expected to do for free and stick it where the sun don't shine.
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic