This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

intake

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dgerth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: intake
    Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 6:33pm
Gentlemen,
I am having 2 problems with the intake system on my tractor: 1) Icing , to the point if conditions are right, it will stall the motor under a load.   #2) no room to put the intake in the warm air from the motor. Are commercial filters the only way to go, or could I make my own filter system to accomodate the space available in the warm air stream.
I am looking for opinions and experience in this area. What works for yall?

Sponsored Links

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 6:53pm
Kind of hard to advise, not knowing what brand/model of tractor. Make a tin shield that covers the intake AND EXHAUST manifold all in one to make exhaust manifold heat work towards the intake.
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 8:25pm
 Dgerth; Easy enough for you to make a heat shield around the G160 engine's manifold like I did for the engine in my CA, patterned after the OEM kerosene shield. This fits tight around the manifold, No more problems. This only became an issue after I switched form expensive racing gas to cheap E85,even with the richer jetting needed. I found a considerable increase of power with the E85. I also now use a 180 degree thermostat. Any cold engine/manifold will not properly vaporize liquid fuel. That is why propane engines have a water heated fuel vaporizer. 
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
dgerth View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dgerth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2022 at 5:29am
Sorry, should have put this in. It's a CA and I'm running 14:1 CR and a large Zenith carb. E85 is nonexistant in my area so that option is sorta out. I'm using 120 race gas at the moment so I guess a heater of some sort is in line. Any thoughts concerning the air filter dilemma?
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2022 at 8:58pm
Add some methanol to your fuel.              MACK
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic