This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I'm one closer to a full set

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in il Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I'm one closer to a full set
    Posted: 25 Dec 2010 at 12:40am
I bought a D17 from Ebay on Wednesday and it was in Rogers Arkansas. Thursday it was here in Illinois. Wow!

The white stuff isn't a dirty lense, we've been getting some snow here.

This is a series I bar grill, I have an early series I with the mesh grill, a series II and a series IV. I only need a series III and I'll have a complete set of D17 gas tractors.

I have the expensive ones left to fill in my collection

I have unstyled and styled WCs, a WD and a WD45. I'd like unstyled and styled WFs

I'd like a 170, a one seventy and one seventy five (All gas).

But this has depleted the "Fun fund" for awhile. LOL! This one runs nice but needs some mechanical TLC. and cosmetics.

Sponsored Links

AllisChalmers37 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisChalmers37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2010 at 1:42am
NICE!!! I'm jealous. LOL
1937 WC, 1950 CA, 1959 D14, 1967 190XT, 2006 Ram 3500
Charlie175 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2010 at 7:22am
good find, I like them D-17's
Charlie

'48 B, '51 CA, '56 WD45 '61 D17, '63 D12, '65 D10 , '68 One-Ninety XTD
Rick View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2010 at 9:07am
Dave, That's a pretty nice find there. I thought several times about bidding on it,but then decided not to at the end. LOL! I've got a D17 Series I,III and IV,but still need a D17 Series II to make mine complete. Congrats on your purchase and Merry Christmas!  Rick
David Maddux View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Maddux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2010 at 10:58am
Nice collection Dave. Now myself, I just like the black bar grill tractors. Some day I would like to own all of the B bar grill tractors. I have a long way to go, but for now I have two 17's, one high clearance diesel single front wheel , a narrow front gas and a 14.
AaronH View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2010 at 11:02am
That ole girl would be right at home with my ACs. Good find. Like the tires on the back. 16.9's? 
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2010 at 11:18am
Merry Christmas present to yourself !!  LOL  I hope you fill in the rest of the collection.  Merry Christmas, Ted
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
EdIL View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2010 at 11:53am
Can anyone tell me the serial number breaks between the Series I, Series II, Series III and Series IV?  Just getting started on my collection.   Thanks   Ed
somebody View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote somebody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2010 at 1:26pm
If you don't mind my asking, what did you pay for it, I have one I have been asking $2500.00 and have no takers I thought it was a good deal.
David Gibson (OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Gibson (OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2010 at 3:49pm
Congrats! Sounds like a great collection.
David Gibson
http://www.darkecountysteam.com
1956 WD45
Dave in il View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in il Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2010 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by somebody somebody wrote:

If you don't mind my asking, what did you pay for it, I have one I have been asking $2500.00 and have no takers I thought it was a good deal.

I gave $1750 for it, plus another $500 for shipping. It's a little rough, it runs great but will need some work to get it looking good. The brakes need adjusted and the power director too. I hope adjusting is all they need. LOL

I was bidding on another one on Ebay before this. It was a narrow front, that had new rear tires and was nicer all around. I stopped at $1900 and it went for $1925.

Edited by Dave in il - 25 Dec 2010 at 8:51pm
DREAM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DREAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2010 at 8:59pm
Dave, I bet it wouldn't have gone for $1,925 if you'd have kept bidding.LOL! That's the bad thing about auctions I guess. I saw a pretty nice looking D-17 diesel NF last Thursday while taking a lunch break. Grill screen was caved in. Other than that, it looked pretty good. Hope to get back in a couple of weeks to take a closer look.
I didn't do it! It was a short, fat, tall, skinny guy that looked like me!
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2010 at 11:48pm
You've still got plenty of D17's to get to fill out your collection, propane's, diesels, high boys, industrial's, the list goes on and on.  I suspect your new one liked it better in AR, looks kind of chilly in the picture, maybe you should put a blanket over it.  Good find at a reasonable price.
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Dave in il View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in il Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2010 at 12:19am
Only collect gas ones cheaper to repair & maintain and I'm addicted to the sound of them, would love a wheatland, highcrop or industrial but the price goes up real quick on those. LOL
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2010 at 1:24pm
Congrads Dave. I never saw that one on ebay and I work in Rogers. If you ever get down this way again look me up I live east of Rogers 30 minutes.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic