This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I'm on a roll..........

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Les Royer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I'm on a roll..........
    Posted: 20 Oct 2018 at 7:48pm
As I'm in trouble with the nurse again.

Apparently they don't like to hear pointers about how supper can be improved upon.

I was just trying to help.
I still gots my A/C but it's clear out in the barn now.
Sponsored Links

Les Royer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Les Royer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2018 at 8:02pm
Actually she is a pretty good cook. Better than me by a long shot. Yet Shameless calls me a skinny dude. I'm 6 foot exactly and 205 lbs. That's not exactly skinny really. I guess that must just be a comparison. But I think I'll stop right there before my mouth gets me in trouble again.

My family has always been a meat and potatoes clan. We hardly ever eat out and every meal is cooked at home. My wife is from out eastm Long Island to be exact. And as you can imagine there was a problem with the very first meal she prepared.

She put a whole chicken in a casserole glass pan and placed it in the oven and poured a can or two of whole tomatoes over it.

HOLD IT! Get that thing out of my oven before you render it useless! And we had cooking class 101 right then and there. There was no way I was going to suffer for the rest of my life over this chicken. I told her there was only one way to make chicken and that was to pan fry it. Make mash potatoes and milk and flour gravy from the drippings. And it worked. I never had to eat chicken and tomatoes again.
I still gots my A/C but it's clear out in the barn now.
Grayray View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grayray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2018 at 8:12pm
How long did you have to sleep on the couch?
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2018 at 8:18pm
Praise her cooking and get her confidence up, then you might be able to make a few MINOR suggestions on how to improve. Otherwise no supper and you sleep on the couch if you are lucky. 
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
wfmurray View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfmurray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2018 at 8:48pm
I have heard it said if someone cooks and puts it on the table to eat and not grumble. It  worked almost 46 years for me.Wish i had some of her cooking now.Sure miss her.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 1:05am
when we was first married, all she could cook was spegetti, I cooked a lot back then, and took her out to eat, but when she cooked it was spegetti….I finally had to say no thanks! finally one day a few years later we were invited to a spegetti supper and I told her I couldn't stand spegetti! she said but you ate it every time she made it....yeah...cuz I didn't wanna hurt her feelings. her mom gave her sum great receipts after that, and she's done great since! whew! guess I should have done it like Les done it! but how do you know?
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 4:55am
 Well,,,to say that the wife was a "fair cook" when we was first married would be a stretch of any imagination,,,,,,Wink Since I used to drive home to eat at noon,,,imagine a potatos and bean person comin home to a "home cooked meal" and,,,,and,,,getting two,,,yes TWO,,,bread and mayonaise sammichs,,,yep that was it ,,,mayo on bread,,!! Needless to say there went our first marital disagreement,,,and like ole Les,,I had to state my surprise at puttin mayo on bread and callin it a meal,,,,,,,LOL She didn't get upset and throw a tantrum,,she just ran to bedroom and cried loud enough for me to hear,,,all the time I was fryin some eggs,,,,to go with the mayo in bread,,,,,,
 BUT,,,,she never made me any mayo bread sammichs either,,,,,,LOL
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 6:04am
I do 99% of all the cookin around here.  Otherwise I'd starve!!  AND,,,,,,,she admits it.  About the only thing she can make is tuna casserole.....She'll try something every once in a while,,,,,,,,most of it not good......

If'n I had a nurse that could make me lose my phone in the seat of the truck,,,,,,,,,,I wouldn't care if'n she could cook or not!!!  WHEW!!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 6:10am
Gee Les NEVER ever open yer mouth bout that agin !! At least I've kept mine shut for 61 reroofless days and I got food in my belly and can sleep in my bed !!
funny though she did want praise about the last few dindins....hmm

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 6:28pm
I think it is howWinkyou say it more than what you say.ConfusedBut darn if I know howOuch. to say itConfused
Grayray View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grayray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 7:02pm
Ray, the key IS how you say it.  However, you need to understand that means whether you say it out loud, or to your self.  If you day it out loud, welllll.................
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 8:19pm
Les, every time I see this post and it's heading saying, "I'm on a roll", I keep wonderin if it's a caramel roll or a tootsie roll...
  Guess your on a different roll, that could be of a hurtin kind. Be careful there, be very very careful, I don't want to see Les no more.
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 10:56pm
me thinks that when ole Joe came home fer food ant noon, he really came home for a "nooner", that's prolly why his bride was in there crying!!!! (poke,poke)
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 5:01am
I think "don't stop me now i'm on a roll", Is a punch line, to losta jokes...Wink
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 6:34am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

me thinks that when ole Joe came home fer food ant noon, he really came home for a "nooner", that's prolly why his bride was in there crying!!!! (poke,poke)

Speaking from experience...….? Darrel
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 9:21am
 Well,,CHIT,,Shameless,,,I always thought that was the way you is susspossed to do "it",,,,thas why I would drive 23 miles from work to home for a quick lunch,,,and,,,,and,,,that was on a 30 minute lunch time too,,,,,,,
 I got pretty good at "findin it",,,,,,,,,,,LOLLOL
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 11:07am
Readin' this, counting my blessings, my wife is a great cook.  Married 30 years today!  Amazing she's put up with me this long. 

Let's see....46 miles round trip,,,lunch,,,and, and . . . um....,in 30 minutes?  Joe, you must've been starting by yourself on the way there!

We used to call those "11:37's", cuz when we lived in town, that's what time I could make it home by, and make it back to work by noon or pretty close.  Now that we're 22 miles out, that's a thing of the past....bummer.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 11:10am
Ya know, NOBODY has ast the IMPORTANT question.............seeing as you was just going to help......
WHAT did you,,,,,,,,er,,,,,,um,,,, suggest Les???
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 11:27am
Maybe ol' Joe was one of them that useta just cruise at 120... and still have 7 minutes at the other end...LOL
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 8:38pm
Darrel.....YEP!
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 7:47am
Any other answer from shameless, wouldn't make him our Shameless...  Big smile    LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic