This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

i'm appalled...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: i'm appalled...
    Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 12:00am
I think Ohio has taken over the nasty....from Iowa! seems OH is host to the worlds largest skunk festival! WTF?
Sponsored Links

Randy WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 5:34am
I think Washington DC may have a bigger one? Randy
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 7:35am
At least we now know what it takes to appall you.
Wayne180d View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne180d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 8:10am
He misses the south wind blowing from Iowa and don't like the fact the south wind now goes to another state
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 8:14am
I think Randy hit the nail on the head !
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 10:18pm
Dead skunks been real plentiful on the road around here since Christmas. If you want to start your own festival Wink you could have them. But I don't think Allis express will ship them.LOL
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 3:10am
lol @ Ray...I wanted to ship a dead one once to someone, but it just didn't work out!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 3:12am
I liked the saying in the video I watched of them talking to the vet that had de-cented several of them critters...he said there is a right way and a wrong way to do them, and he said you'll know in less than a heartbeat if you screwed up! LOL
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 7:16pm
Good to know there is a way to make Shameless appalled!   I remember reading about trucking back in the old days, some guy got fed up with one of the DOT guys at a weigh station and came by when they were closed and threw a dead skunk on the flat roof of the "chicken house".  Said the smell was so strong they closed the place for several months until winter freeze.

Edited by JohnCO - 12 Jan 2019 at 7:18pm
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 7:25pm
now THAT is a good idea John...thanks!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 7:27pm
I've done that with dead fish and a possum before, but if'n I can find the right skunk...
Walker View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 8:28pm
Best boiled then fried with onions to keep help keep the stink down.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 9:06pm
Hadda story from a friend I usedta work with, they hadda big indian guy, would hang a weeks worth of drywall, in 3 maybe 4 days, then go drinkin.  Liquor store hadda drive through winder, they cut the injun off, one night.  He went out in the woods, drunk, ketched him a skunk, by the tail (said they can't spray if you caughtum thataway!).  anyway, he walked up to the winder, and when they opened it, he flung that PO'd skunk in, and the place was closed fer MONTHS!!!Wink
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 10:04pm
LMAO....that made me smile
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 1:24am
I shouldn't be giving him any ideas, but I used to put Limburger, German Brick, and  Beerkase (sp?) cheese (whatever I had on hand) behind the heater in the old trucks and cars during the winter.  Most guys couldn't stand it!  It is good for putting on ANY sammich.  If you can hold your nose, you'll LOVE the taste!!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 10:31pm
Way back almost 30 years ago the kids left the house to catch the bus for school in the morning.They are screaming and coming back. There is a skunk out, so grab the 22 and made a good shot. They go and the bus comes, and all is well but my back.

The first thing that I spot handy is a empty cat food sack. Get the skunk in the bag and the back is killing me. Get a hand full of ibuprofen,and the phone is ringing. A good friend needs help with a water tank he is putting up a steep hill side. I tell him not today I cannot move. A bit latter another good friend Dave drives in, we need to help Bill with his tank.  I say not today but he keeps talking. I says OK I have to haul this little prize off and grab the bag. It was not bad for a skunk, but he knew what I had. He knew the gully we would pass and pitch the skunk in. Well BS we forgot to pitch it out.  Bill's sister come charging up and Dave says we got a present for you.  She grabbed the bag, but before she opened it she could smell it. She started in telling us what she thought of usAngry. Then Bill comes out of his house and my buddy says give to BillWink. She thought this was a good ideaLOL, so goes over and gives it to her brother. The Dave and I are about falling on the ground laughingLOLLOLLOL as Bill sets it by his back door. As the sister got back by us she about feel down laughing at her brother tooLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL.

Bill comes back are way "lets get that tank sitting up before it rolls away". As another guy shows up to help. So off we go and the ibuprofen has kicked in and I can stand up. Nothing to getting the plastic tank in place with more bodies. I look at Dave and say I better see about getting the skunkWink away from Bill's house. At which time Dave and the sister start laughing all over again LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL well me too.

Well O'h Bill really thinking there was something good in the sack had put it inside the back door when the last guy drove in.Wink Bill always told us he had bad sinusesConfusedConfusedConfused and didn't smell things to much. Well he had now convinced use of thatClap. Dave and I loaded the skunk again and got it in the gully.

Because we didn't start out to have Bill put it inside the houseWinkWinkWink Dave and I still laugh about this. But my wonderful still thinks it was the most terribleAngry think and not at all funny. 

So Shameless can you give the "stockholders" that goodWink of a present!!!!!!!!!! And not have them shooting at you.LOL Cause I just talked with Bill this morning. He was with the Model T club(Ford) getting breakfast, and I was around the corner in another room just cause what us to be the Grange has the cheapest  breakfast in town. And all 4H clubs use of the building is free to them if they take a turn helping do breakfast. So I help by showing to eat. 

Edited by Ray54 - 13 Jan 2019 at 10:41pm
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 11:37pm
Ray, that wasn't a good idea to suggest to Shameless.  Now he will probably want ME to find or make a dead skunk and drive three miles and put it on the stakeholder's roof.  Nope, not gonna do it, just like I wouldn't put an obscene word on his front yard with Roundup!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 2:19am
yeah...I guess when a person needs sumpthin dun, gotta do it hisself! PffffT! that's funny Ray! there will be a day I gits out there John...you'll know when i'm in town!
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 12:13pm
Somehow I'm a bit concerned.  Remember I was nice when I stopped by your place.

Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 10:39pm
Being nice only makes the punishment all the more severe....
Ya gotta dig just a little, or he'll know sumthin is up.

[TUBE]0TRUnJ5JlYw[/TUBE]
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 2:24am
I loved that movie Ted...kinda think'in that's how i'll end up when I gits old!
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 5:00am
[TUBE]JRV03zQkBas[/TUBE]
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 9:44am
And who hid the poop in the Halibut, oh-ick ?  Stern Smile
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by JohnCO JohnCO wrote:

Somehow I'm a bit concerned.  Remember I was nice when I stopped by your place.

John I would guess if opportunity presents itself the trigger on the joke would be pulled.Wink So be prepared to laugh even at yourself.LOLLOLLOL It may help the sting.Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic