This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

If I won the big lottery

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: If I won the big lottery
    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 10:05am
somewhere around 700 million dollars, give or take a couple million. I would go around buying up old M thru M3 and L thru L3 combines and rebuild them for resale. Have a small factory dedicated to that and would update certain things where convenient like a reverser and heavier shoe and replace certain chain drives with belt drives etc, and I wouldn't care if I ever made a dime doing it. Just dreaming today.
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Sponsored Links

JayIN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 10:19am
I would buy the 80 ac down on the corner. Get a 6080 Fwa with a cab. Haul my WD45 and implements down there and farm till all the money was gone.(8-10 years?)
sometimes I walk out to my shop and look around and think "Who's the idiot that owns this place?"
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 10:23am
I would buy two barns for every tractor and two tractors for every barn.😊
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
Ky.Allis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ky.Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 10:30am
Not me!!!!   Evan if unk sam took 40% in taxes you could take in over 12 million per year at 3% on your money. Kick back and enjoy life for once and do what you want and not have to worry about weather,prices,ect.
nella(Pa) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nella(Pa) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 11:31am
In other words, we all would farm till we were broke again!!!
allisrutledge View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisrutledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 11:36am
Originally posted by nella(Pa) nella(Pa) wrote:

In other words, we all would farm till we were broke again!!!

The nature of one that truley loves what he does and not his bank account.
Allis Chalmers still exist in my mind and barns
exSW View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exSW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 12:08pm
I'd throw my son the keys to this joint and disappear in a puff of smoke.
tomstractorsandtoys View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomstractorsandtoys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 1:38pm
I would hire a couple of mechanics and a body shop painter and rebuild all my old stuff and make it like new again. And buy a bunch more. I might even create a vintage 1960's dealership and maybe make one for each brand.............. TomTongue
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 1:50pm
Something like this?
 or like ths...
Or this... LOL

Would you come back after all the money was spent? Just wondering.  
   I'm outta here

He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Mactractor View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mactractor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 2:06pm
Quite a lot in the first one to make disappear JC. Just sayin.....

Edited by Mactractor - 18 Jul 2019 at 3:05pm
farmboy520 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmboy520 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 3:15pm
I thought everyone thought about winning the lottery everyday
On the farm: Agco Allis 9695, 7060, 7010, R66, Farmall H, and Farmall F20 (Great Grandpa's)
JayIN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 3:19pm
tomstractorsandtoys has the correct.idea. I would buy the 80a and build a 80x200 Morton building and hire a couple of mechanics and a body man. My job would be to drag the projects in. I have lots of ideas and a poor completion record. I need to be Jay Leno instead of Jay Power. And cold beer @ 5 o'clock for all!!!
sometimes I walk out to my shop and look around and think "Who's the idiot that owns this place?"
cwhit View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwhit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 4:31pm
I’m going to Jay Powers place and drink beer.    
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 4:54pm
put the wife and kids in the car and light a match to the farm and drive away. I didn't but a ticket so I wont be winning.

Edited by Dakota Dave - 18 Jul 2019 at 5:12pm
Orangeade View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orangeade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 4:55pm
Good luck to everyone.  I hope whomever wins, will let us know. 
I have a '59 D14 in dire need of a makeover.
wekracer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wekracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 9:59pm
You can’t lose if you don’t play.
DanWi View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanWi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 10:51pm
I agree with Tomstractors hire a couple of guys to fix up what I already have while I start buying more and having a little fun farming WITH money and take time to get to some of the tractor shows.
BEK View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 4:48am
I'd get a new lawnmower. A 48" deck mounted under a D21.   
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 6:47am
Originally posted by wekracer wekracer wrote:

You can’t lose if you don’t play.
Actually that's been my philosophy for quite some time.
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Chuck(ONT) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuck(ONT) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 7:32am
Didn't know there were so many single guys on this site.
Never take life too seriously.

Nobody gets out alive anyway!

1C 1 WD45 1 AC180
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 8:32am
Originally posted by Chuck(ONT) Chuck(ONT) wrote:

Didn't know there were so many single guys on this site.
LOL
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
ryanschott View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryanschott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 6:55pm
Think bigger how much to buy AGCO it’s on the stock market so it’s always for sale buy it and we could have Allis Chalmers again. Probably be a market if they where USA made
exSW View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exSW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by ryanschott ryanschott wrote:

Think bigger how much to buy AGCO it’s on the stock market so it’s always for sale buy it and we could have Allis Chalmers again. Probably be a market if they where USA made
AGCO market capitalization is 5.79 billion.
ryanschott View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryanschott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 7:31pm
So 6billion where dreaming big someone needs to get on jeff bezos good side the guy who owns amazon that would be a drop in the bucket for him
John (MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John (MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 9:36am
Wonder if AGCO wouldn't sell all rights to pre 100 series tractors for a song. I sure as heck wouldn't want their current business structure anyway. But new CA's, WD45's and D21's would be a fun business to tinker around with. Oh, and new Stinson Stationwagons coming off a line across the street.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 8:09pm
  Chit,,,if I hear of a lottery winner in SE/IN,,,,I'm cuttin out for ole Jay Powers place before "quick " can get ready,,,,,,,Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic