This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

idiots in 'Detroit' and/or DC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: idiots in 'Detroit' and/or DC
    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 10:27am
Just got an email about new 'tech' going into vehicles.....
..seems NOW we have to have an active RADAR system INSIDE our cars to tell us there's someone in it, like kids and adults......

really, I can't make this stuff up !

As an avionics tech I obviously know something about RADAR and the very,very last thing I want to be is NEAR them...

guess I won't be buying a new truck afterall......

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Sponsored Links

Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 10:48am
You weren't going to buy a new truck! Phhhttt!
dee_veloper View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dee_veloper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 7:19pm
sounds like a spam email
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 8:27pm
Wife's Toyota has radar adaptive cruise control where if someone slows in front of her the car will automatically brake to slow it to a safe distance. Then if that car speeds up or moves over the car will automatically speed back up. It works good except in the rain but you shouldn't be using the cruise control anyway in that situation.
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 8:36pm
Gee how I long for the good old days when people actually DROVE their car and didn't have a bunch of gadgets distracting them. 
  I've read that the reason the a text has a 140 character is because of the average persons attention span isn't any longer than that.
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 6:45am
I wonder how those gadgets would have reacted when the garbage can in the trailer in front of me flew out onto road in heavy traffic on the interstate? Me? I lifted on the gas and moved on to the shoulder and passed between it and the guardrail and watched someone else hit it behind me.
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 5:23pm
I really doubt they would use RADAR for such a purpose! I suspect someone used the term in a generic manor. IF they were to produce such a safeguard it would more likely use ultrasonic sensors, or LASAR sensors. Most likely ultrasonic.

Edited by LouSWPA - 21 Apr 2021 at 5:23pm
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 9:58am
wonder how all these sensing devices act on cops radar detectors ? Seems many cops now have units that can detect if you have a detector in your vehicle - as they use them to find commercial vehicles which might have one operating against the laws that say they are illegal in commercial vehicles . 

Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 10:31am
Originally posted by Coke-in-MN Coke-in-MN wrote:

wonder how all these sensing devices act on cops radar detectors ? Seems many cops now have units that can detect if you have a detector in your vehicle - as they use them to find commercial vehicles which might have one operating against the laws that say they are illegal in commercial vehicles . 
Probably no effect at all. as I said, using RADAR for sensors is highly unlikely....we can pretty much say it just isn't going to happen, real RADAR that is. Ultra sonic range and direction sensing is very common and used in lots of situations, from automatic door openers to robotics. The theory is the same for both RADAR and ultrasonic sensing, send out a signal and look for a return, however the frequencies, and transmission power are vastly different. Technically, they are the same thing, but what most usually envision when the term RADAR is used is high frequencies and high power, ultrasonic is low power and frequencies just outside the human hearing range.
Police radar can detect radar detectors because radar detectors have a local oscillator as part of their tuning circuit that can be detected, as both would be operating in the same frequency range. 
BTW, LASERS can be used the same way, light is just higher frequency! In fact, I think some LEO's use speed detectors based on lasers.

Wait for the Lord;
modirt View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 10:55am
So Big Brother is watching?
modirt View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 11:00am
Wondering how the logic and sensors in these new cars deal with the unexpected?

On a recent road trip, 3 lanes of traffic merged into two. I was in right lane......two trucks running beside me......one in center and one in far left. With almost no warning at all, my lane suddenly ended at a bridge, with no place to go. They had been running beside me for some distance, so no opportunity to merge left, but I didn't know I needed to. I had to take the shoulder and slam on the brakes till they got clear so I could merge. Now running slower than traffic, nearly got rear ended by car coming up fast from behind.

How would auto car do it?

And do auto drivers allow you to speed?
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 11:33am
guys the system is INSIDE the cars !!!

blub from the report....

Automakers and Tier-1 manufacturers are turning to 60GHz mmWave radar sensors to accurately detect children and pets inside cars, even in challenging environmental conditions.

one of the links to the products being offered....

https://e2e.ti.com/blogs_/b/behind_the_wheel/posts/simplify-your-60-ghz-automotive-in-cabin-radar-sensor-design-with-antenna-on-package-technology?HQS=epd-rap-null-automotiveaop-exah-ta-ElectronicDesign-wwe&DCM=yes&dclid=CN2Fn9inl_ACFc1UAQod5OQNYw

Edited by jaybmiller - 24 Apr 2021 at 11:35am
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

guys the system is INSIDE the cars !!!

blub from the report....

Automakers and Tier-1 manufacturers are turning to 60GHz mmWave radar sensors to accurately detect children and pets inside cars, even in challenging environmental conditions.

one of the links to the products being offered....

https://e2e.ti.com/blogs_/b/behind_the_wheel/posts/simplify-your-60-ghz-automotive-in-cabin-radar-sensor-design-with-antenna-on-package-technology?HQS=epd-rap-null-automotiveaop-exah-ta-ElectronicDesign-wwe&DCM=yes&dclid=CN2Fn9inl_ACFc1UAQod5OQNY

well, I stand corrected! again

Wait for the Lord;
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 3:30pm
Most LEO Forces around here have swapped to low energy Reflective Laser. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic