This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Identifying lawn tractor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazyazcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Identifying lawn tractor
    Posted: 13 Apr 2014 at 5:40pm
I just purchased an Agco Allis lawn tractor with the mower deck, snowblower, and tiller attachments.  I have 2 questions.

1) The model number is pretty much rubbed off of the sticker.  Any other ways of identifying what it is?  It's old, orange, 2 round headlights, 18hp briggs & stratton motor.  Here is a photo.  

2nd, I got it running pretty easily and noticed the belt had come off between the the engine and the "transmission."  Got it put back on easy enough but now when I start it, it just clicks.  I just put a new battery in it.  I'm thinking it may be the starter though the "TPO Disengage" light keeps coming on as well.  Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links

ACmowerguy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACmowerguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2014 at 8:55pm
Looks like an Allis Chalmers 800 Series with different stickers. The Agco and KHD stickers don't match each other and the wheels are white like on an AC. The deutz and Agco tractors would have had silver/gray wheels.
10 various B-series garden tractors, AC Homesteader8, 416 hydro,710 gt, 914, 916H, 917H, 920D, and many misc attachments
Rob Rolando View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Suspended User -

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob Rolando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2014 at 7:43am
This is just a good guess.
That does look like an Allis Chalmers 800 series.   T-818.
Should be pretty much the same as a Simplicity 6200 series.  6218

For parts your dealer should be able to help you with these manufacturer numbers.

Allis Chalmers  1690698

Simplicity         1690695
Orange Level
Orange Level

Suspended User -

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob Rolando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2014 at 7:50am
The Simplicity will probably have the Kohler engine.

Solenoid click and no start is usually from dirty connections somewhere [ Battery, Solenoid or Starter} dead battery or a bad starter.
crazyazcat View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazyazcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2014 at 11:34am
I started digging in to pull out the starter.  I tried putting power right to it and it didn't jump at all.  Then I tapped it with a hammer and now it sparks when I power it so Im guessing its the starter.  I cleaned all the connections including the ground.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Suspended User -

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob Rolando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2014 at 5:55pm
Keep at it, you'll get it.

Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazyazcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2014 at 7:28pm
I got it out and applied power, it sparked.  Found one online for $60 or so.  Should be here Friday.  Can't wait to get it all put back together and see how she runs.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Suspended User -

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob Rolando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2014 at 9:41pm
See about getting yours rebuilt for a spare.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazyazcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 10:38am
Just an update: Got the new starter in, fires right up!  Finally was able to move the tiller and snowblower out of my driveway and onto a pallet in my back yard (Where I'll be covering them until I get a shed/enclosed shelving system to put them in).  Posting a new question for transmission question.  Thanks all for the help!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic