This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I was just gave my dads hd11

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkinnyTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I was just gave my dads hd11
    Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 4:41pm
I went to pick it up this last weekend and got it loaded the the fan came apart on my Peterbilt and went thru the radiator.  So I dont have it home yet.  My first problem is to get it running.  It will start and run for about 30 seconds and the just die like it is running out of fuel.  You can hit the button and it will start right back up and do it again.  It is a 1962 model
Sponsored Links

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 4:58pm
Most likely OLD fuel in it. Start with pulling filters, drain some off the tank, see if is blackish, if is drain ALL flush and refill, flush the line to the filter head. Then try again, also while there make sure he did not close the shut off on bottom of tank.
SkinnyTim View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkinnyTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 5:01pm
I put some new fuel in it.  He parked it about 10 years ago because of this problem.  I put new fuel and new batteries in it and it didnt turn two rounds before it started just didnt run long

Lazyts View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 6:25pm
I had one do that years ago- there was a rag over the fuel tank outlet, would start fine, then starve for fuel and die.  Could be a restriction, clogged line, etc- could blow back through the fuel lines with compressed air..
Ferdinand View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ferdinand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 8:02pm
Location is wrong. You have the dozer in middle Tennessee. Probably will run fine in central NC. Nothing to do with me living in that area. Nope.Wink

Seriously, I think it might be a fuel vent problem. I really don't know much about diesel/dozers but if it were a typical gasoline vehicle, I would check the tank vent.
Because narrow is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leads unto life, and few there be that find it.
Mathew 7:14
SkinnyTim View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkinnyTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 7:35am
I actually live in as Oklahoma. However Dozer is in God's country West Texas.   Maybe it will run better this next weekend when I have it home
Ferdinand View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ferdinand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2017 at 11:44am
ooops, saw the Chattanooga in your avatar and well,......
could air in the injection system be the problem?

Keep us posted.
Because narrow is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leads unto life, and few there be that find it.
Mathew 7:14
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2017 at 12:04pm
If you did not drain the fuel just adding more I would drain it all and inspect the bottom of the tank then examine the drained mess and if is algae contaminated. I would still pull filters and blow down lines. There is a transfer pump on the injection pump that pressurizes that system for better function, it also could have issues internally as has check valves in it.
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2017 at 9:45pm
 Tim....All these reply's are good answers.....I'm a picture guy....also an HD11 guy. Can you post some pictures? Engine? fuel system? the tractor? the more the merrier?
SkinnyTim View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkinnyTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2017 at 6:11pm
Well I just got the hd home so hopefully in the next couple days I can get some pics and see if I can get the old girl running.   My son races MX and he is ready for a track here at his house. 

My first plans are to remove the fuel tank and have it completely cleaned out and repalace all the short rubber fuel lines.   

I need to order a book but can someone tell me how to adjust the hand clutch it doesnt want to disengage and you have to start it in gear.

dustydoo View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dustydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2017 at 6:55pm
More than likely the clutch plates are stuck together , once you get in running bring it up against a big tree and hopefully the will slip with lever disengaged
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic