This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I tried ole Shameless trick,,,,,,,

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I tried ole Shameless trick,,,,,,,
    Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 9:42am
  Well,,I been reading bout our Good buddy's method of extricatin Boogers,,,,,,Wink,,and a few days ago, I had a particularly stubborn one in the left and just would not come out,,,,,  Fact is,,I wound up gettin a dang nosebleed I was blowing my nose so hard. Since I'm always thinkin on ole Shameless shenanigans and tribulations,,,,,,,,,,,I thought,,,," Chit,,It might work for me too". So I went outside,,cause I don't think you is susspossed to do it inside on the carpets,,,,,Wink
 So, I give her a light Blow,,,and Chit Fire,,,thet sob just FLEW out easy as pie,,,!! Gonna have to practice my "aiming" cause I gots it on my,,,aw,,never mind,,,it works,,,,Clap
 Ya'll have a good day,,,,,Clap
Sponsored Links

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 10:57am
called the "farmer blow"...yep it works really good! one word of caution, don't teach the neighbor kids that til's they grows up sum, their momma's will hunt you down!
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 8:16pm
called snot rockets in my part of the woods.
Darrell G (MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrell G (MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 8:19pm
Shameless I showed Grandson how to blow out doors when he didn't have a handkerchief 4 years old, did it at home and I wasn't hunted down but I was informed that it was unacceptable lesson.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 8:30pm
I kinda thinks it's just one of life's lessons!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 10:34pm

Yep,,it works good,,,but,,,like I said,,,you gatta practice "Aimin" them dudes,,,cause,,,,well lets just say ,,,"You gotta practice aimin" LOL
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 1:46am
hit yer foot huh? LOL
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 2:54am
 Yeah,,Shameless,,they was my Sunday go meetin loafers too,,,,LOL I don't know,,I guess my sinus is changin some in my later years,,,cause I gotta really watch that I DO NOT blow my nose too hard,,as I get a dang nose bleed that most times will stop after I stick wadded up toilet paper and leave it in there for 5 minutes or so. Bout 2-3 months ago,,I got a doozy that scared the chit outa me as I could not get it stopped,,,finally after 15 minutes of using up most of a roll of TPaper,,I told the wife to hang on as I was goin to ER,,,,hauled azz to ER and thas all they did is keep gauze crammed up in nose til it stopped bout 5 mins later,,,,Wink I hate it when them nurses grin at each other when they think you ain't lookin,,,PFFTTTTTTTttt,,,,
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 4:46am
DJ, try this old folk remedy fer nose bleeds:  wad up a piece of paper towel, about the size of one of those rolls of cotton, that the dentist uses (1/2" diameter X 1"long). insert that between the upper lip, and your front teeth.  this closes off the blood supply to yer nose.

Sometimes you can use a paper clip, to the same effect...Wink
Greg (Hillsboro, OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg (Hillsboro, OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 5:23am
Spray Afrin in your nose when it bleeds.   That's what they would do for my wife at the ER.  Something in the spray makes the vessels constrict.

desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 8:45am
 Hey Dave and Greg,,thanks for the suggestions. Luckily,,this always happens in the bathroom when I'm tryin to blow my nose and now I have a "nose wad" ready when I blow my nose,,,,just to be sure.Wink. Gonna try the wad under lip,,but don't know bout the paper clip,,,,???
  Gonna check out Walmart for that afrin, Greg,,thanks.Clap
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 10:28pm
paper clip???
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 5:03am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

paper clip???

Yep, paper clip.  You don't clip it to nuthin, just stick it under your upper lip, high up as it will go.( max width of paper clip is horizontal)  Pressure of the upper lip, against the curvature of upper jaw, closes off the blood vessel that supplies blood to the nose...
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 5:40am
 OH,,,I get it now,,Dave,,,chit i thought you was just "pokin fun" at my problem,,,,,Wink I must of used to have issues with nose bleeds way back then as I remember my Mother grabbin a dish rag with COLD water and hold it against the back of your neck,,,and nose bleed would stop real quick. Ya see,,,I worry bout this chit cause the act of stopping a nose bleed requires your body to make the blood to clot,,which may be dangerous to some people,,,,, Chit,,maybe I worry too dang much,,,,,LOL
 Farmer's Blow,,,huh,,,???Wink
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 12:26pm
Would not hurt to check with your doctor about the problem on your next visit. Heck he might put you on a life long prescription that will take care of it but may cause diarrhea, cramps, head aches, heart palpitations and even death.
Cheer up I'm stuck on Pradaxa.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

OH,,,I get it now,,Dave,,,chit i thought you was just "pokin fun" at my problem,,,,,Wink I must of used to have issues with nose bleeds way back then as I remember my Mother grabbin a dish rag with COLD water and hold it against the back of your neck,,,and nose bleed would stop real quick. Ya see,,,I worry bout this chit cause the act of stopping a nose bleed requires your body to make the blood to clot,,which may be dangerous to some people,,,,, Chit,,maybe I worry too dang much,,,,,LOL
 Farmer's Blow,,,huh,,,???Wink

What ME poke fun at another's problem?  You oughta know, that snot how I operate...Wink

Edited by DiyDave - 09 Jan 2019 at 6:34pm
LeonR2013 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeonR2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 9:42pm
Friend of mine in school would take a dime and roll it in a piece of paper towel, dampen it in cold water and put  under his upper lip. Worked good. Joe, those nose bleeds will kill you. It killed an older neighbor of ours. 
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 3:32am
 Yeah,,Leon,,thas what I worry bout,,not so much bleedin to death,,but from a clot tryin to stop the bleedin,,,,,I'ma gonna have to make sure I gots a dime and some Tpaper in my pocket from now on,,,and not blow my nose so hard,,,,,,I been Practisin on ole Shameless' trick too,,,,,Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic