This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I Phone ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I Phone ?
    Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 6:29pm
I was informed that I can "upgrade" my current 6C for a 2020 model(a model #, not the year Wink) to get better signal strength Ouch. Any of you familiar with this model ? The carrier is Verizon BTW Confused. Thanks
Sponsored Links

Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 7:25pm
Wife has a 6+, I have a 7+, currently with Verizon, had AT&T for decades, but with the DirecTV merger both went down the crapper so switched to Dish, and Verizon.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 11:45am
used to have iphone 5 but ditched it and verizon.
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 12:31pm
if you're not having any problems, do NOT 'upgrade'. It's a great con by them to get more coins out of YOUR piggybank....
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

if you're not having any problems, do NOT 'upgrade'. It's a great con by them to get more coins out of YOUR piggybank....
Sadly, it was a combo of poor signal, battery life and slow downloads/refreshing. Ended up with an Iphone 11 and am pleasantly surprised with it so far-EXCELLENT battery life and (I thought I would miss it) NO "home button to keep "clicking" to clear the task WinkWink
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2020 at 7:48am
Currently Iphone 6S with a replaced battery on ATT, still decent service and so long as close apps when finish with them battery life remains good.  Better Cell tower locations here even as terrain screws with reception(three bars at home, drops service at barn less than 200' lower elevation in valley and 1/4 mile down road).  

Had Direct TV on the service, expense got too much to have wife sitting on her rump non stop for hours off from work.  Whining of gaining weight, needed to go on diet does not set well with me when do not move except to change channels(pickup remote, finger switches put remote down), stands for periods of time at work setting up automated machines, sits the rest of work time awaiting completion alarms, kind of like "Doing Laundry" when nothing else is done awaiting completion alarm watching TV.
TramwayGuy View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TramwayGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2020 at 10:45am
I run an IPhone 6S+. Had the battery changed a year and a half ago. I don’t plan on changing anytime soon.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2020 at 11:45am
Bought 5 iPhone 6 phones on the same day in 2015! Say what you will about teenage girls, my daughter's was the last to get replaced a month ago. Hers got a battery replace 1 1/2 years ago, and it helped, but still wasn't right, would instantly die at 20% sometimes. Pretty much a needed evil at a University these days. Mine was the second to the last to go, mine crapped out unexplainably last fall, would not get signal. Finally determined to be an issue in the workmanship of the phone itself, and I got a free phone after 4 1/2 years because it was a true issue with the phone, that amazed me!
FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2020 at 3:55pm
I bought an I-phone 7 couple of months ago to replace the ol flip fone... so far, so good.
Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2020 at 9:49am
Our iphone 5 wasnt a battery problem---it was the phone itself died and verizion or apple refused to do anything about it so we dumped both of them---no more verizion and no more apple--EVER !!
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic