This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

i had a delema

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: i had a delema
    Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 10:21pm
I was sitting at the kitchen table last night waiting for the time to drive into town for coffee, out of the corner of my eye I saw a dag burn mouse running across the floor! WTF??? I grabbed a pan off the counter and caught it under it. now what? I grabbed a stiff cardboard and slid it under the pan, but then couldn't lift it or myself back up at the same time. my back wouldn't let me bend down that far to pick it up. so I left it. was thinking about it while at coffee...I just knew the old lady....ooooops….I mean the loving wife would come in the kitchen after waking up and figgering that one of the cats knocked the pan off the counter and pick it up...then seeing that mouse under there...start dancing and screaming and then throw the pan, then the pan breaking something, and the darned mouse would gits away! along with all the names she would call me after getting back home! well I gots brave and came on home, she was up but hadn't gone in the kitchen yet! whew! I told her all about this and the look I got from her (like I was setting her up) was priceless. we both went in and she wiggled that cardboard under, picked it up and out the door I went with the critter, drowned it ina bucket. whew!
Sponsored Links

JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 10:51pm
Now if ye juss had waited another 10 or 15 minutes...
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 11:19pm
A 44 cal makes short work of meeces. If we ever meet I'll tell you a true story about 44's and meeces.
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 1:15am
I had one run across my office floor the same day it happened to you, Dale.  Got almost to my feet and did a U turn and ran back under a book case.  I set a trap near it and another one under my desk, today I looked and there it was, in the trap under my desk.  Guess they are thinking it's time to move into a house or building with less predators.
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 1:15am
Tom, a 44 would make short work of the kitchen floor too!

desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 7:02am
Originally posted by JohnCO JohnCO wrote:

Tom, a 44 would make short work of the kitchen floor too!

Yeah,,John,,,especially if one is only an average shot,,,!!!LOL But,,one thing for sure,,the concussions thru out the house from several missed .44 shots would make the rest of them mices leave the premisses pretty quick,,,,,,Clap
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 8:26am
patented 1882 Trap

Edited by chaskaduo - 19 Aug 2019 at 8:26am
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
soggybottomboy View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soggybottomboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 8:42am
I hate to tell you this Shamless,but apparently your cats have become liberals. It appears that they were observing meatless monday.

Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 11:08am
Wink Soggy don't forget "The Knight in Shinning Armer" is a dog man. An with the herd he keeps the cats have to stay up on top of the stove to keep from being trampled,provided if he is so liberated to have both.LOLLOLLOL So the cat needs a break until the facts are in.WinkBut we might say the dogs should not have been sleeping so peacefully.LOL But I guess the Knight needs to be commended for not sleeping on the job,Wink of guarding the dogs,and loving wife.

My wonderful has had me running the trap line here too.Wink Then her super hearing,Cry she makes me get up and take care of the noise from out in the kitchen .Wink I have some of those left leaning cats that do need a big wake up call......................but thats not part of my job.Wink I would be the one looking back in.......LOL not the cat.
Walker View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 6:43pm
Best rat and mice tenderizer I had was an old muzzle loading pistol, load her up with shot and vary the powder load accordingly and your in business, all in only one hand.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 8:41pm
30  years ago we use to catch them in a waste basket at work... set a ruler horizontal from a chair to the waste basket and hang the ruler over  a few inches.. put a dab of cheese on the end of the ruler... It was a game... Setup in afternoon... mouse in the box the next morning... good for a week or two !!
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
DanWi View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanWi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 9:25pm
You turned the pan the wrong way if you would have left it flat side down the dogs could have been licking the spot off the floor. When the cats bring me a live mouse I just grab a slipper and give them a good wack it helps if the cat plays long enough with them so they aren't so fast.
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 6:01pm
My sisters remodeling of dad and mom's house finished a few weeks ago. Sister won't move in until next summer after she retires. Any who i spent last week there mowing and tree trimming and felt like the exterminator. Caught one in a trap on the second night then had a small one hop across the living room floor. Bad mistake on his part. I got up and found the fly swatter and nailed him deader than a hammer. Saw a third one but had not caught him yet. When I left I set 12 traps all baited with peanut butter. I will be back next week to see if I did any good.
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 10:56pm
Might get a bit smelly in the house next week...
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 11:21pm
if the house cats see them, they'll kill them, but not eat them which is fine. last winter we saw one cat starring at the stove, did that for almost 2 days, then it left us a dead mouse on the floor in front of the stove. guess it's kinda like cops, can't be everywhere at once!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 6:32am

You know,,, the thing bout them mices is you also gots to find where they is gettin in,,,else you be gettin more of them later.. The wife kept tellin me there was one in her bedroom/bathroom but 4 traps later,,,I ain't caught thet little sob and the pieces of balony is still there,,Maybe I'll try some peanut butter like some here is suggestin,,,
\ another thing,,,every so often,,maybe once every two weeks or so, I'll see a dead bug on the carpet and for the life ,,,,,I cannot find how they get in,,, I use the Home Defense bout once a month as I caught a baby centipede bout 1/2" long in the bathroom,,,chit it a good thing she didn't see it first,,it'd dang sure be my fault it got in the house,,,,,,,!!
 I am seriously considerin havin ALL the carpet taken up from the whole house, so I can patch whereever them creepy crawlers is gettin in, then go with something other than carpet. The wife struggles with her wheel chair on the dang carpet anyway, so that would help her as well,,,,Clap
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 7:54am
Originally posted by JohnCO JohnCO wrote:

Might get a bit smelly in the house next week...

Yep but I was raised on a hog farm so it will smell like petunias to me. 😆😆😆😆

And I sure can't find the place they are entering. All brick home and no gaps or holes that I can find. May need to have a closer look at where the AC line enters or maybe the dryer vent.
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 9:08am
Once them mice are established in the house it takes a lot of vigilance to get them all cause they keep breeding in the walls, crawl spaces, just about anywhere there a little privacy.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
soggybottomboy View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soggybottomboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 10:11am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

if the house cats see them, they'll kill them, but not eat them which is fine. last winter we saw one cat starring at the stove, did that for almost 2 days, then it left us a dead mouse on the floor in front of the stove. guess it's kinda like cops, can't be everywhere at once!
   Maybe set out a little ketchup and mustard for the cats on tuesday through sunday.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 1:01am
I've looked and looked outside the house for an entry hole/slit, can't find one anywhere. think i'll pour vinegar all around the house and see if that'll help keep them out?
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 5:33am

Chit,,Shameless,,I read just the other day where a cockroach or a creepy crawler just needs an 1/8" hole or crack to get into a house and them friggin roaches can live under water for up to 3 hours,,and the article says they CAN come up past the P traps,,,,,!!
  I've just about decided to take up all the carpet in the house so I can siicone the chit out of all the wall to floor connections. Getting rid of the carpet would be lots easier for her to manuver her wheel chair cause she will NOT consider a battery powered chair either,,,,
  The other day while I was helping Joyce out of the shower, I seen a baby centipede bout 1/2" long crawlin on the tile floor,,and she like to had a chittin fit,,,!!! After all the screamin,,(both of us),,I finally managed to catch it and mash it fore it got away. It was so small,,it would not take much crack for them creepy crawlers to get into a house,,,,,NOW the wife is thinkin the whole house is full of them,,,CHIT,,,Chit,,!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic