This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I gotta get hearing aids I guess!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I gotta get hearing aids I guess!
    Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 9:22pm
Girl been complaining her car is running real rough and practically stalling trying to take off from a dead stop.  So I run the codes and decide to take it to town and put some injector cleaner in it.  Get the stuff, finally find the gas door trip, I get almost the whole bottle in when I realize the gas cap is missing.  I come home telling the wife I'm fixing to kick somebody when she tells me, "don't you remember she came in one night saying she lost the gas cap and you said you'd work on it." 
Maximum use of available resources!
Sponsored Links

JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 10:29pm
Sounds more like ye need a new memory bank...
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 10:58pm
I feel your pain!
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 11:16pm
i'd have tolt her to go buy another cap!
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 1:10am
Better get some more RAM in your drive.

"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 5:55am
Sounds like that 'Old Timer's' disease is setting in!! I have the same issues with the wife telling me stuff, "Yeah OK I will get to it Later" and forget it!!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 9:47am
 Well,,I been needin some hearin aids for the longest,,,,fact is,,When I volunteered for the Navy, I did not make it as my hearing kicked me out,,has not got much worse all these years but never was very good to start withWink 
  After puttin up with me for so many years, The Boys got together and bought me a set,,,,,,,I tried em and I was SO SHOCKED at all the friggin noises goin on in this world,,,CHIT,,!!  I couldn't concentrate on what I did want to hear for all them new noises goin on around me,,,,,,,,,I think they is still in the btm of the btm drawer,,,,,,WinkWink  I do have a pair I bought especially for listenin to them Elks when they is bugleing,,,,,,Clap
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 3:02pm
Yep, it's not hearing aids, it's memory pills.
Don't worry though JW, I've got the same affliction.
The ole lady,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,oops,,,,,,,,,I mean the lovin wife,,,,, well she tole me once that she doesn't want to be a "NAG".  I tole her that she wouldn't be nagging,,,,,she'd be 'reminding' me cause I have only so much room in my head for stuff, and I'd have to kick something more important out (like the dwell of the WD45) to make room for her junk,,,,er,,,,,stuff...
She reminds me now.....
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 9:25pm
Guys some of these new 500.00 hearing aids work as good as the 5000.00 ones. Old gal got 2 sets, when I remember to put them on they work good. These are rechargeable behind the ear units.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 3:28pm
Are they tuned to your hearing problems or do they just make everything louder
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 4:41pm
Memory part is selective, hearing, not so much.  This evening, sitting in my chair, wife fixing supper, same daughter is in the kitchen doing stuff at the table and all the sudden she jumps up and runs upstairs with a newspaper in hand.  I ask what's going on so her and the wife tell me the smoke alarm is going off.  I can't hear that cussed thing.  Wife makes the remark that she knows who is getting burned up if the house catches fire.
Maximum use of available resources!
Jim Hancock View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Hancock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 5:41pm
JW, TAdams hit the nail on the head. 
The need to be "tuned" to your specific hearing loss. 
Mine are and it literally is a world of difference. 
What you can do if they're too loud, is to turn the volume down. 
Mine brought back the upper ranges to where I can hear crickets now. 
Before, there were not any crickets to be found. 
And, I can now pinpoint specific sounds around equipment when I wear hearing protection as needed in real loud enviroments. 
Even without hearing protectors, the aids are designed to clamp down any noise suddenly louder than the median, which , you may be able to determine with your hearing aid provider. 
You'll be glad that you got them. 
Sidenote: I lost my upper end hearing due to plowing/discing, hard pulling with the XT and plowing / discing, baling hay with the D17 for long hours. 
I wouldn't be without them at all now as I enjoy life a whole lot more and can engage with people a whole lot easier. 
How blessed we are by HIS GRACE!
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 6:53pm
JW, if you can't hear the smoke alarm better get you some hearing aids and wear them all the time. After 36 years of working around jet engines my high freq hearing is all but gone and all the time i put in on tractors before that didn't help either. Friend of mine, former B52 crew chief, got some through the VA that have BlueTooth and he uses them with his flip phone. Maybe I should get some, but then I wouldn't have an excuse for not hearing what the wife tells me.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Les Royer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Les Royer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 10:24pm
I've had hearing loss all my life from my mother having the measles when I was born. like Joe, I couldn't get into the navy cause of it. My deafness is the high pitch notes. I've never heard a bird sing, or a loose cricket in the room. Never heard  a referee's whistle or the squeak of tennis shoes on a gym floor.

I've tried those hearing aids twice in my lifetime. The last time we went out to eat afterwards. And the waitress, clearing off the table behind me, I swore she broke every dang dish on that table.

The next day I took them back. When asked by the doctor why I was returning them so soon I simply said Doc? I happen to like my quiet world. It's way to dang noisy out there for my liking. Thanks, but no thanks.
I still gots my A/C but it's clear out in the barn now.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 11:24pm
Well, I don't have the upper end either, listening to too many fire truck sirens when I was driving.  They didn't' come out with hearing muffs until I only had about 4 months left.  On another note, I hear crickets 24/7.  It never stops.
Too much shooting when I was a kid, fire sirens and 5"-54's didn't help at all either.
Maybe some day I'll try em, but I've heard nothing good about any of em so far....
"Allis-Express"
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 7:14am

JW and his wife were celebrating their sixtieth anniversary. The couple had married as childhood sweethearts and had moved back to their old neighborhood after they retired. Holding hands, they walked back to their old school. It was

not locked, so they entered, and found the old desk they'd shared, where JW had carved I love you.
On their way back home, a bag of money fell out of an

armored car, practically landing at their feet. She quickly picked it up and, not sure what to do with it, they took it

home. There, she counted the money - fifty thousand dollars!
JW said, We've got to give it back.
She said, Finders keepers. She put the money back in the

bag and hid it in their attic.
The next day, two police officers were canvassing the neighborhood looking for the money, and knocked on their door. Pardon me, did either of you find a bag that fell out of

an armored car yesterday? JWs wife said, No.
JW said, She's lying. She hid it up in the attic.
She said, Don't believe him, he's getting senile
The agents turned to JW and began to question him.
One said: Tell us the story from the beginning.
JW said, Well, when the wife and I were walking home from school yesterday ......
The first police officer turned to his partner and said,

Were outta here!

I couldn't resist Wink

Edited by chaskaduo - 08 Dec 2018 at 7:16am
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 7:29am
When I was recently going thru the cancer issue the doc suggested chemo.  I decided against it and he checked my hearing.  Said that as bad as my hearing is he concurred with my decision.  Apparently chemo kills your hearing.  It was a good decision on my part as they got all the cancer and I didn't need it or radiation.  I still need hearing aids tho!  I gotta call the insurance co and see what they pay and see if I need a referral.  But I got that memory problem too and keep forgettin to call them.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 7:57am
Not to change the subject but some of the newer fords don't have gas caps.
Don't know what you have so...
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 10:33am
Our newer Explorer has No cap, has a trap door swings closed when pull nozzle out.
FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 11:06am
2011 Ford Escape...no cap
Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 11:28pm
Chas,,,,,,,,that's a pretty good one!! LOL
"Allis-Express"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic