This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I could sure use some good luck wishes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

Hey Thad,,,MdM1 and Dave are correct, in that your safety is being jeapordized every day you show up to work for your current "Boss". I have no idea where Arkansas stands re: Workman's Comp responsibilities for the employers,but sure sounds like he is taking advantage of you and your fellow workers. In most places WC has come a long ways towards protecting the employees from unscrupolous AH's like the Boss,,,!!!
 There ain't no way I would work for somebody with those underhanded rules especially in the construction of houses where you have to be above ground,,,one slip and there goes everything. I thought it was kinda funny when you said,,,"If you take a fall, you will be fired before you hit the ground",,,,in truth,,it ain't funny when you consider what is fixin to happen should ever do fall or get hurt. This sitiation IS VERY serious for all those folks working for that AH,,,!!! GOOD LUCK,,my friend.Clap

Joe I believe Arkansas is the only state you can do construction work without WC.
I’m told that the waiver we sign isn’t worth the paper it’s written on.
Sponsored Links

desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2021 at 9:03pm

Well,,,in the days of old,,,nobody even thought of workmans comp issues,,but then the friggin hospitals didn't cost you half of your 6 month's income either!! And,, most employers would foot the bills if one of his hands got hurt on the job.
 I believe a sharp lawyer could take one of them "letters" and make short work of them in front of a judge.
 Tell all your buddy's  that Ya'll need to remember the next time them polyticians come around with a truckload of them chickens and wanting some votes that they need to pass  state wide Workman's Compensation law,,,,then take them chickies and run,,,,,LOLLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic