This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hydraulic Cylinder Repair Kit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
JCS1 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JCS1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hydraulic Cylinder Repair Kit
    Posted: 09 Apr 2020 at 10:49am
Reviving an older post.  Any idea who manufactured cylinders for the Allis Chalmers 715?  I doubt Allis made their own.  The seal kit I need from Minnpar is out of stock.   The seals are available as separate items but they don't show a part number for the o-rings.
Sponsored Links

Mutt View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mutt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 10:49am
Thanks, I found the U cup seals at a place called H&D Distributing in Dallas . Guy was very helpful, We discussed the measurements and he had all 3 items. Now I need to find the packing for the ram
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 10:44am
On the piston the top and bottom ring would be the same if the cylinder is double acting - that piece in between is a slide material or bearing to center the piston and allow those X rings to seal .
 Should be able to find them at a hyd shop or MINNPAR 
Other thing would be rod seal in the end gland that the rod passes through - should be inner and outer seal as well as a wiper seal for the rod .
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Mutt View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mutt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 8:19am
I have a Allis Chalmers backhoe hydraulic cylinder I need a seal kit for. Am told by the owner that is is a A-C MK 1 back hoe from the early 70's.   I have the cylinder disassembled. The bore is 4".  The piston has 3 grooves, lowest groove has a X ring, center groove a split band but the top groove , whatever kind of seal was in it is dried up and in a million pieces.  I need some help on where I can find the seals for this piston, so I can get the guy's cylinder off the back of my truck. I  can post pics of the cylinder and it's piston, can any one help me out here with where I can buy the parts? Thanks
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 1:00pm
Local store wanted about 2 bucks an o-ring for my cylinders and I did a web search and came up with allorings.com . They had my rings listed at .16 cents apiece... But you had to buy a certain quantity, anyway I bought a 100 of them and 200 of another size  (pioneer coupler size) and shipping was 14 bucks...
 www.allorings.com 
 there's also another store you can buy in quantity... 
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 12:06pm
Last time doing the cylinders on my 715B I got some parts from MINNPAR and others from a hyd shop that does repair work. 
 I just priced out the generic parts to OEM parts . I had to replace a piston in dipper cylinder and shop made one for 1/2 the price of original,they turned it out of aluminum instead of cast iron.
 Many parts are interchangeable - like "O" rings and seals, in fact for my FD5 steering clutches the "O" rings were $12 each from F/A dealer and a ring supplier I use to use for industrial parts let me have 2 free sample rings from their stock to try . Worked perfectly .  
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
D&D View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D&D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 11:25am
Thanks also drcorey I will call to see if they can help. Appreiate your help and time responding.
D&D View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D&D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 11:23am
Thanks Steve I will try that, appreciate your info.

doctorcorey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doctorcorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 5:52pm
call Kwik Parts in Williamsburg, Mo. They got my seal kits to me in 3 days. Tell em Corey from KC referred you. They order from multiple sources and ship direct to you.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 5:36pm
If you knew the piston diameter / cylinder bore.. and seal design, i would think a generic kit might work.. I have bought several kits from CASE dealer for a backhoe, and they come in a generic "kit" with enough various parts to fit different designs, as long as the bore is correct.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
D&D View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D&D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 3:43pm
Looking for Seal repair kit for Allis Chalmers 715-C Backhoe Hydraulic Cylinder part # 1019079-1. It is the extension cylinder on the back of the hoe. Have kits for all cylinders but this one, any help would greatly appreciated. Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic