This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HV7 injectors

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WaltDevore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HV7 injectors
    Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 1:41pm
Back to the 271 HD5.  Seems I"m not getting any fuel into the cylinders but am getting it into the oil pan.  I have injectors out now, primed them with Blaster, and tapped on the top spring with a rubber mallet.  No spray out the tips whatsoever.  I saw that on Youtube. After calling around, nobody works on them.  I wonder why?  Is it worth trying to rebuild? I have manual.  I did do one to replace the tip, worked some for a while, but nothing now. Any advice appreciated.  I'd sure love to be able to fix them.  I guess PC Industries would be next step barring life saving suggestions.  Thanks.
Sponsored Links

CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 2:54pm
there are places out there that will rebuild or exchange just have to scour the net, but PC industries is a good place to work with been there for blower rebuild kit
Me -C,U,UC,WC,WD45,190XT,TL-12,145T,HD6G,HD16,HD20

Dad- WD, D17D, D19D, RT100A, 7020, 7080,7580, 2-8550's, 2-S77, HD15
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 4:37pm
I have sold Interstate McBee reman injectors for these before. Very reasonably priced and very high quality. Someone local should be able to get them.
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 6:17pm
I check tomorrow if am still have some HV7 injector
WaltDevore View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WaltDevore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 7:31pm
Thank you.  So kind.
Amos View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 8:01pm
Fuel in your oil pan could be coming from your fuel gear pump on the gear case leaking.
Eric B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 11:09pm
Last time I needed a '71 injector' I went to a place that wrecks out trucks and got a good used one for $20.
Currently- WD,WC,3WF's,2 D14's B. Previously- I 600,TL745,200,FL9,FR12,H3,816 LBH. Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal!
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WaltDevore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2022 at 11:10pm
would that be possible from a new fuel pump?
Amos View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 6:43am
or you could have a fuel injector line leaking too in the rocker box hole or loose fitting
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 8:43am
I may have a couple of those at the shop and will look. That is the older 2 Valve head correct? I think you could install a set of N45 series injectors also but can't say entirely for certain if the spray pattern would be correct. 
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WaltDevore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 12:28pm
Yes, that is correct.  I just back flushed through both intake and return with carb cleaner.  It took a bit for the fluid to trickle out the other side.  I'm wondering if the screens or screen could be clogged.  I"m not with my tools right now.  I hate to give up but with decent weather finally coming I've got  to get to it.  Been a full year project pulling and rebuilding the 271 and replacing the track idler. My fear is was it all for nothing.
TramwayGuy View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TramwayGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 12:45pm
Replace the HV injectors with newer style. Less smoke and more fuel efficient. You can use ‘N’ or even ‘C’, if memory serves..
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WaltDevore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 12:59pm
Didn't know that was in the cards.  Thanks
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 1:32pm
I have never seen the fuel pump leak into the crank case, but sure could. But have had the lines on top of the head go bad several times. There need to be tight, but they can be over tightened and leak to. So not a job for the biggest muscles in the shop, needs a bit of experience and finesse with the term tight, Wink but not to tight. 
Eric B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 1:55pm
I had a truck with significant fuel dilution through the body seals of the injectors on a 53 series Detroit. As has been mentioned the fuel lines can leak. Had this happen when a shop rebuilt my inline 6-71. Crankcase built up in no time. Back to the shop it went, the boss gave some flack to the mechanic that had done the work.
Currently- WD,WC,3WF's,2 D14's B. Previously- I 600,TL745,200,FL9,FR12,H3,816 LBH. Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal!
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WaltDevore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 2:25pm
If I can keep it running I'll inspect it with the valve cover off.  Thanks.
gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 3:07pm
I have no more HV7 only HV6
Amos View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 3:51pm
You don't need to have it running to see the lines .  Just pressurize the fuel system with shop air or even a small hand sprayer and you will likely see the leak with the rocker cover off.  If it was me i'd put rebuilt injectors in it  minor cost if you plan to use it any at all.  Then you will never have any trouble with them for the rest of the life of the machine.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WaltDevore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2022 at 4:29pm
Sounds smart.  Thank you.
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2022 at 2:48am
I found one HV7 and have another box of injectors not yet located in my shop. This one is rebuilt I'm thinking but never used from a spare 1-71 engine for an irrigation pump.
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2022 at 10:29am
the injector lines - both inlet and outlet crack at the flare if tightened beyond recommended torque - which is in Inch Pounds -
 I had injectors checked and rebuilt at a Detroit Diesel service center 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WaltDevore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2022 at 11:20am
What a barren waste land.  Have called many places.  No abilities at all here in Colorado.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WaltDevore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2022 at 11:22am
I will hold off to hear from you.  Better to recycle than buy new.  Thanks for your effort.
Walt 303 949 5947
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2022 at 10:53pm
https://www.agkits.com/search.aspx?find=HV7+Injectors
Detroit Diesel Plunger & Barrel, Hv7 71, 5228304
$63.44
Availability: 
Detroit Diesel Plunger & Barrel, Hv7 71, 5228304
Interchanges: 5228304, Plunger & Barrel, Hv7 71
Detroit Diesel Spray Tip, Hv7, 71, 5228554
$26.95
Availability: 

5228305R (5228305) Rebuilt (HV7) Fuel Injector fits Detroit Engine. Goldfarb & Associates Inc. Competition Price — $75.00 USD. Our Price — $50.00 USD.
$50.00 · ‎Free 1-9 day delivery · ‎

Edited by Coke-in-MN - 24 Mar 2022 at 10:54pm
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2022 at 9:30am
Interstate has 5 reman HV7 injectors in their Neb warehouse. $150 each.
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2022 at 10:26pm
I've found a box of core injectors of the N45, N55, and N65 varieties, but have yet to find the box I'm looking for. I'll keep looking but won't be around tomorrow.  
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WaltDevore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2022 at 9:43pm
In trying to reassemble the injector with a new tip, the spring got away from me and the parts got launched into lunar orbit.  I have recovered them somehow except for the smallest parts, 16,17, and 18 on the diagram.  After being overwhelmed by the whole thing, I finally discovered, I think, a trick to squeeze the parts just right to get that side retaining pin in.  I'm lucky my face wasn't impacted by all this.  My budget has been stripped bare and hoping someone may have a good or bad injector around that those parts could be scavenged from.  As always, pure joy in the challenge.
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2022 at 11:53am
Looks like I'll be in for  learning curve on a 2-71.  Rack won't move, and a big gap between top of injector plunger and injector rocker arm on one injector. Don't think that is right.
 Injector plunger stuck

He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2022 at 5:54pm
I am still have some HV6  injectors
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2022 at 8:25pm
O/T

Gemdozer there is a bloke a couple of posts down looking for parts for a M100 grader and I name-dropped you
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic