This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hutchinson pulling?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allismanamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hutchinson pulling?
    Posted: 26 Jul 2013 at 1:37pm
Hi everybody was wondering will there be a scale at hutch this year?
Also thinking of bringing my WC but it has the wrong engine its the combine one but only dynos at 46 HP so think I could still pull antique and not have to run with the open guys?
Want to still be competitive but not anger anyone because its not stock block?
Just wondering what everyone's thoughts were?
Also its a unstyled WC allis with spoke wheels and the original fenders and its been years since I pulled I can't remember what she weighs?
Has a cultivator lift mounted yet that weighs pro ally 40#
I used to pull 3,500 and have 3 f&h 120# weights on I think and one thirty foot log chain and would just come in under 3600#
Now I have hard ware to mount weights to wheels but did not know how many to put on? Thought 2 on the back and run suit case on the front to try and balance her out but that's if I bring it ?
Don't want to be getting anyone mad that it is not stock block
Can dyno it to prove HP is 46 HP though?
~AMP~
Sponsored Links

Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 11:40am
How'd you do up there? Any tractors from TN show up to run?
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 11:43am
I'm just curious how things went out there. I used to get out there for a day to see the show and to pull but haven't been able to for the past 2 years now, just to busy with other things to get there.

In the past there was no scale, honesty system. The stock tractors were limited to low gear. Just about anything other than stock was sent to a modified class. The modified class had no rules and anything went weather you just had a Gleaner engine with 50 hp or a highly modified engine with unlimited power.

Maybe they need an class with a 4 or 5 mph pace for the slightly modified tractors sometime. It may draw more, but I'm not sure they want to many, the guys with those type of tractors don't want to run against the modified tractors but are to much to run against the stock tractors.

I always enjoyed the GOTO pull in Hutchinson. You got to pull against and meet people from all over the country with different types of builds.
"see what happens when you have no practical experience doing something...... you end up playing with calculators and looking stupid on the internet"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic