This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hutch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hutch
    Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 12:42am
Trying to talk the old gal into going. Are there venders there that sell stuff that is good to eat? Might get her there if there is.
Sponsored Links

Darrell G (MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrell G (MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 7:03am
There will be at least 6-8 food venders at the show and about a dozen other food businesses within a couple of miles.  If you leave the show hungry, please find me and I'll direct you to good food.  I can be found near the pravilion in the middle of the grounds.Look for a collection with a couple of old green ones.
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 7:06pm
No dang mini donuts last year, but I survived, somehow!
Maximum use of available resources!
Michael V (NM) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 7:31pm
Yea...I missed the mini doughnuts too,, but them peaches John brought was worth the trip...he gonna hafta bring a bunch more, set up a stand...prolly could do way more than pay for his trip..
now them watermelons was good too at pontiac
Ranse View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 9:38pm
Anyone have any good hotel/motel recommendations?
truckerfarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 10:07pm
Wife was disappointed about the mini donuts. But John's peaches were worth the trip! The fresh squeezed lemonade is always good. We usually leave with a couple bags of kettle corn.
Looking at the past to see the future.
'53 WD, '53 WD45, WD snap coupler field cultivator, #53 plow,'53 HD5B dozer

Duct tape.... Can't fix stupidity. But will muffle the sound of it!
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 10:47pm
Ranse keep trying someone might cancel, there usually all pretty well booked up in the area first month after the show. Good Luck.

Edited by chaskaduo - 18 Jan 2019 at 10:49pm
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 11:39pm
Yeah Ranse, the motel I had been staying in for the last 6 years of so was all booked up the Saturday OF the show.  I've gotta move somewhere too.

Tom, there's bunches of nice places to go eat.  You won't go away hungry.  Now finding a motel with a bar in it, or next door is another matter...

I think I'll keep looking for a camper.  I don't need much, just hot water, a shower, AC and a fridge.  Oh,,,,,, and an awning!!  Can't sit outside in the sun. 
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 12:22am
i'm still looking for a smaller camper too, don't wanna pull the big fifth wheel up there. i'l also need a/c, and a genny to run my smoker. pee'in is no problem, should be nuff ferds parked around there.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrell G (MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 12:36am
Now guys let me be the first to let you know that mini donuts will be on the grounds this year. Also there is a new hotel in town this year with an addition 54 rooms available. 

Cobblestone Hotel & Suites

416 Prospect Street NE

Hutchinson, MN  55350

320-587-7777

Complimentary hot breakfast buffet, microwave, refrigerator, coffee, flat panel TV, 24hr onsite convenience store

Shameless you can park any size camper there, maybe you bring your big one and some of the guys could bunk with you?????????????.

Edited by Darrell G (MN) - 19 Jan 2019 at 12:38am
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 1:22am
It would have to be guys that don't know him....
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 10:13am
Originally posted by JohnCO JohnCO wrote:

It would have to be guys that don't know him....
John is going to get 10 feet of "purdy"! Darrel
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 11:59am
Geez...rooms already kinda hard to find...I got a res in Glencoe..prolly the last room they had..

Cobblestone in Hutch had some, but kinda outta my budget

I was gonna use one go them online booking sites, but now they take your money, no refunds or cancellations unless ya buy their cancel insurance😢😢,,
They use to give ya a few days to cancel without charging..so...I just called the hotel and talked to a real person...now I can cancel within a reasonable time...

Edited by Michael V (NM) - 19 Jan 2019 at 12:03pm
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 12:24pm
Darrel, that's kinda what I was hoping for...

Michael, don't the Loup's have a sleeper on their K wamper?
WDman1951 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WDman1951 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 4:05pm
Wouldn't miss that show for the world even if I get bulled and picked on still worth the trip these guys bark is much worse then their bite lol plus they keep betting the wife to drive her tractor to strange locations around town so
1951 WD 1945 C 1936 WC
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 6:42pm
shucks...a bunch of us should just buy an old house up there close...then we'd have someplace to stay every year! we could hire Darrel G to keep it mowed all summer! Les says he needs the exercise!
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 7:17pm
Its gettin to where I go to jus see and visit with folks..really like the Allis Chalmers family..theys good kinda people..
John....I hope ya ment your neighbors, the Lapp's,,, but I'm not going with them on this trip..them sleepers are ok for just that...sleepin...but I like a bath at least ever couple days..I guess I could load up the 7060 and couple WD's and take my big rig...just a long way to go just to play...kinda above of my pay scale.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 10:19pm
Now Shameless,,,,,,,,,that's NOT A BAD IDEE!!!! ClapClapClap Get one of them big ole farm houses and rent out the rooms (fer non co-op owners.....Just THINK of the parties we could have every night,,,,,,,till about 10pm or maybe 11.......we could take turns cookin........John already has the deserts lined up.....FRESH Peach cobbler.
One thing though,,,,,,NO sittin around the livin room in the easy chairs in yer undies and scratchin your....um,,,,,,,,,,,you know.

Hmmmmm good ideer....
"Allis-Express"
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by Michael V (NM) Michael V (NM) wrote:

Geez...rooms already kinda hard to find...I got a res in Glencoe..prolly the last room they had..

Cobblestone in Hutch had some, but kinda outta my budget

I was gonna use one go them online booking sites, but now they take your money, no refunds or cancellations unless ya buy their cancel insurance😢😢,,
They use to give ya a few days to cancel without charging..so...I just called the hotel and talked to a real person...now I can cancel within a reasonable time...
That's where I am this year too Michael.  I wonder if they have a diner across the parking lot where we can get a decent breakfast? LOL  See ya there!!
"Allis-Express"
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 8:29am
Yea, Ted, there's a decent sit down restaurant next door to the super 8..I stayed there the first year I went to Hutch..lot closer than Litchfield too...
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrell G (MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 10:07am
Michael that place is called Bumps, and the food and service are excellent.  we frequent the place often.  They might have some objections about some of the guests?????? you would have with you, such as Walter and the snow man from NE.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 2:52pm
Snow man from NE  LOLLOLLOLThumbs Up
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 11:26pm
is there plug ins for me to charge my grease guns up Darrell?
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 11:58pm
You've gotta bring your own genset, Dale.

Yeah Micheal, I meant Lapp's but was too lazy to look up the spelling.

I'm not sure you'd want the "snow man" at the house, he'd probably hang it over the porch railing instead of using the porcelain seat in the bathroom, if there is an indoor bathroom.....
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2019 at 3:35am
saves pee'in on the seat!
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2019 at 7:40am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

saves pee'in on the seat!

What's up with that...? Aim off in your old age....? Can't see the sites anymore....? More like a showerhead than a stream...? Only thing I know about such problems is what people have told me, though. Not like I have any firsthand experience. Darrel
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2019 at 2:23pm
Something says if the Snowman from Ne is a around their would be no sleeping in the night time as he is up all night.Wink
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2019 at 3:49pm
Remember Rhonda Shear and Up All Nite  late night b movies.
Rhonda Honey Shear is an American television personality, comedian, actress, and entrepreneur. She is best known for her role as a host of the USA Network's weekend B-movie show, USA Up All Night, in the 1990s. Wikipedia
Born: November 12, 1954 (age 64 years), New Orleans, LA, Height: 5′ 6″

Edited by chaskaduo - 21 Jan 2019 at 3:51pm
Ranse View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2019 at 6:38pm
Darrell G,
Thanks for the Cobblestone info. Looks like a nice place. We got it booked. Looks like we will be doing are first Hutch!
JayIN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2019 at 12:41pm
Hoooooooly Mooooooley! Help me Rhonda! She's gonna be at Hutch???? II'm IN!!!!

Edited by JayIN - 22 Jan 2019 at 12:44pm
sometimes I walk out to my shop and look around and think "Who's the idiot that owns this place?"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic