This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HOW TO BUILD AN ALLIS CHALMERS BARBQUE PIT/FIRE RI

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HOW TO BUILD AN ALLIS CHALMERS BARBQUE PIT/FIRE RI
    Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 4:23pm
First you start with a perfectly good HD11B series farm tractor (no hydraulic cylinders on the hardnose)
Sponsored Links

AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 4:29pm
oops, standby I'll have to resize pictures that's not going to work
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 4:53pm

AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 4:54pm
Nope, I better go eat some turkey
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 8:04pm

http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 8:06pm
How was the turkey. My BIL deep fried ours and it was great. Everything was great!!!
Tad Wicks View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tad Wicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 12:43pm
hey Mel, you got the picture down (literally) and my curiosity up.(insert smiley face here)

who has more fun than people eating turkey and talking tractors or is it talking turkey and eating tractors??? (put another smiley face here) Hope that all had a very happy Thanksgiving.   Tad

Edited by Tad Wicks - 25 Nov 2011 at 12:44pm
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 1:32pm
Thanks to CTuckerNWIL for fixing the picture, our turkey was great also. I think I have a handle on the picture sizing now, I'm going to try again.  So Tad just keep your curiosity up cause the story line includes a total of 15 pictures with how to instructions. If the next couple of pictures come up right I'll keep going. It'll be a fun topic. Mel
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 4:27pm
OK, my insert image button won't bring up my pictures any more,guess I tilted the machine?
KD in SE Ks View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KD in SE Ks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 4:45pm
Go eat some more turkey Mel, seems like when you do that things come out better : )
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 5:39pm
Remove the hardnose from the tractor/remove the radiator and all the brackets from the hardnose
Square it up with some 1/2'' plate. This is about the time your friends will start asking hows it go, I don't understand?  That's when you tell them "GRILL UP"  radiator grill/barbque grill up
Now it's time to load and deliver and install
The existing pit (10)years old crumbling cement,needs replacement and has no easy cooking options available

Scrape of the gravel and prepare to remove the old pit (probably in many pieces)
If your real lucky it might come out in one piece (yep,havin a good day so far)
Dig out the round hole and old ashes and turn it into a square hole and when "HOOCH" says it's good enough for him you can begin installation
Hope it's not to heavy for your backhoe ( it ways 1400lbs. I weighed it on the truck scales when I left the yard,so I knew we were covered for our JD backhoe.
Drop it in the hole to the depth you prefer and square it up
Cover it up and replace the gravel
One grill uses the original hinges with a newly fabricated handle added for easy firewood loading
BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE !! it also comes with a stainless steel pivoting bracket and chain to hang your dutch oven on or other options you might want
BUT WAIT!! THERE'S STILL MORE!!  if you look now you'll see the custom made stainless steel warming tray option with hinged door access
The stepping stones were added at the same time. There exposed aggregate poured in 1800s wagon wheel rims with the ranch cow brand emblem (but don't spend a lot of time trying to figure it out) There's a learning curve with that exposed aggregate stuff that I'm still working on.      So my question for my forum friends is     are you a redneck if   "YOUR FAMILY BARBECUE PIT IS MADE FROM OLD TRACTOR PARTS"

ACAmy View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACAmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 8:01pm
I'm pretty sure you're a Redneck when you successfully raise your daughters to be amused by "Tractor Part Pits."
Tad Wicks View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tad Wicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2011 at 11:14am
So, I was pretty close, it is talking turkey and eating off of tractors(insert smiley face here)
I have no doubt that there are AC deities putting a big red X by your name for abusing the Orange paint, you could have at least used a Cat or IH and that would have been OK, but AC??????(insert another smiley face here) Now everything that you"Q" on that grill will probably have a citrus flavor  (think about it)(insert another smiley face here) So I think to make amends, a proper punishment would have to be, that you invite everyone on this forum to a BBQ sometime in the near future, after you have burnt the orange paint off, I hate to see grown men cry (another smiley face)

You really know that you are a Redneck when you think sacrilege has something to do with "Burlap Bags" (A big smiley face here)

who has more fun than people driving tractors to Mel's house for BBQ??  All in fun; Tad

Edited by Tad Wicks - 26 Nov 2011 at 11:21am
AC Tracy View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Tracy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2011 at 10:22pm
Tad, 

Where were you? We had a BBQ to break in the AC fire pit. I came all the way from NY State. This fire pit is AWESOME!

Cheers,

AC T

AC Tracy View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Tracy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2011 at 10:28pm
Note the active fire.

AC T
ACBONNIE View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACBONNIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2011 at 12:17am
The AC Debut was a hit!! To be continued....
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2013 at 10:24am
Ok guys,thought I might revisit this post again. It's old enough that a lot of new forum members probably didn't see it the first time through. I'm out of picture space in my file manager so I'm thinking about deleting some of these older pictures and once there deleted from that file they won't show up on the post any more. We have lots of other AC pictures and stories to share so something has to go (or maybe I should leave it and delete something else?)
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2013 at 2:40pm
No need to delete any pictures. Just open a free photbucket account and upload ALL your pictures to it. Then you can keep your private pics private, make public any you want to share and they will always be availabe to you from any computer.
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 6:46am
Mel,
You're a panic!! That's pretty cool!
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2016 at 9:05pm
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2016 at 9:34pm
Ok, so we're working on this 11B grapple facelift and we have this "DONOR" tractor with a hardnose that we could make a AC BBQ grill out of. Thought I might revisit this post for those who missed it.
shameless (ne) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2016 at 2:24am
sure beats burying the whole tractor! lol! that really looks good!
LeonR2013 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeonR2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2016 at 7:13am
Methinks Mel had been hittin' the bottle when he did this! LOL
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2016 at 10:30pm
Ok, We've had enough rain here in N.Ca. that it's safe to start the AC BBQ. So we cooked  a steak to make sure it still worked. photo ALLIS CHALMERS BBQ 010_zpschiattle.jpg
 photo ALLIS CHALMERS BBQ 012_zpsrtynohue.jpg
shameless (ne) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2016 at 11:49pm
just one steak?
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2016 at 2:27pm
Sure looks yummy
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2017 at 3:28pm
I'm with Shameless, looks like a lot of grill for one steak. 

Have to ask about the oven doors. Did you cut them in or were there hinges on it from factory? WHAT A FUN BUILD!!!!!
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2017 at 9:36pm
Yes I cut the oven doors and put the hinges in....those are 2 single bolt on covers otherwise
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic