This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

how do I increase the rpm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firephight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how do I increase the rpm
    Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 4:11pm
How do I go about increasing the rpm to 20º over stock in a wd45
Sponsored Links

Charlie175 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 4:27pm
Governor spring affects RPM, also lighten the weights up. How much I don't know.

Ask WI50 as he has a high RPM WC/D
Charlie

'48 B, '51 CA, '56 WD45 '61 D17, '63 D12, '65 D10 , '68 One-Ninety XTD
firephight View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firephight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 4:45pm
I know about the spring but do you swap it with a diffrent spring or adjust the weights some how to get it 20º over stock
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 6:57pm
you could run 1680 RPM's which is a little more than a stock D17 makes (1650).

DRAllis would know best or Mack.

I think you could run a "E" engine spring and gain a lot of RPM's

Search the main forum on governor springs, there was a conversation about the subject last winter
Charlie

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 7:01pm
go here and see the governor assembly. The weights are not adjustable.
http://www.agcopartsbooks.com/PartsBooksN/Viewer/book.aspx?book=agco/79001544
Charlie

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 8:31pm
A WD45 runs 1700 RPM wide open no-load.....20% over that is 2,040 RPM. A model D17 stock governor spring will get you 2,000 RPM with a PROPERLY ADJUSTED governor. Sounds pretty simple to me. Both tractors use the same governor weights. I don't know how many more times I need to post this info.
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by DrAllis DrAllis wrote:

A WD45 runs 1700 RPM wide open no-load.....20% over that is 2,040 RPM. A model D17 stock governor spring will get you 2,000 RPM with a PROPERLY ADJUSTED governor. Sounds pretty simple to me. Both tractors use the same governor weights. I don't know how many more times I need to post this info.
oh about a zillion times and one they may get it . 
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firephight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by DrAllis DrAllis wrote:

I knew that the D17 spring was more just didnt know if there was and way you could adjust the spring where they mount or change the weights with a diffrent govener. Ok if the wd is 1700 and the D17 is 2000 what is the gleaner E spring?
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 5:54am
Gleaner "E" is around 1800-1850 RPM and does not have an idle plunger. Each tractor engine is capable of a high idle stop screw located on top of the governor front cover. If your engine doesn't have one, the cover can be drilled/tapped for one. This just allows you to limit the top speed so you don't go over an assigned RPM.
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 5:59am
Take the weights off throw them as far as you can. Turn a pice of aluminum with a step to hold the spring from a rocker shaft drill the center to slide over gov. shaft cut spring to length with other end against the side of pilot bearing the weights were against. Then its a matter of how far you pull the throttle and the size of carb. That will dictate rpms
Fields View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fields Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 7:43am
Originally posted by mlpankey mlpankey wrote:

Take the weights off throw them as far as you can. Turn a pice of aluminum with a step to hold the spring from a rocker shaft drill the center to slide over gov. shaft cut spring to length with other end against the side of pilot bearing the weights were against. Then its a matter of how far you pull the throttle and the size of carb. That will dictate rpms

And then BOOM.
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 7:53am
Originally posted by Fields Fields wrote:

And then BOOM.

I think it was KA-BOOM
Glockhead SWMI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glockhead SWMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 8:06am
Viola! Pistons removed from the bottom!
THE-MAN View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE-MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 8:06am
I think it was more like "bang" cause no one ever saw it run long enough to decide if it had enough power to go "KA BOOM".. Just bad cobbleing.
THE-MAN View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE-MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 8:08am
On second thought, It mighta just made a fart noise..LOL

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 8:23am
Can't we get through 1 thread without this?
Charlie

mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 5:36pm

Take the weights off throw them as far as you can. Turn a piece of aluminum with a step to hold the spring from a rocker shaft drill the center to slide over gov. shaft cut spring to length with other end against the side of pilot bearing the weights were against. Then its a matter of how far you pull the throttle and the size of carb. That will dictate rpms

And then BOOM.
make sure rev limiter in msd works . tell all the wise guys theirs may go boom but mine still drive on the trailer  no booms.   It was the weights blowing apart that put it on the trailer. remove the weights and you do not have to worry with them coming apart . If you pull against andy , butch, if  you do it as posted above they will never catch that it doesn't have a gov. as long as you do your part with throttle.  

Edited by mlpankey - 19 Jun 2013 at 5:41pm
blue924.9 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue924.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 6:15pm

Take the weights off throw them as far as you can. Turn a piece of aluminum with a step to hold the spring from a rocker shaft drill the center to slide over gov. shaft cut spring to length with other end against the side of pilot bearing the weights were against. Then its a matter of how far you pull the throttle and the size of carb. That will dictate rpms

And then BOOM.
make sure rev limiter in msd works . tell all the wise guys theirs may go boom but mine still drive on the trailer  no booms.   It was the weights blowing apart that put it on the trailer. remove the weights and you do not have to worry with them coming apart . If you pull against andy , butch, if  you do it as posted above they will never catch that it doesn't have a gov. as long as you do your part with throttle.  

So now you are telling him to cheat you have truly stooped to new lows
blue924.9 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue924.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 6:16pm

I

And then BOOM.

There isn't a word for a guy like you..... Jeez I hope you shrivel up in a ball of waste when you blow up a motor because it doesn't have a safety device called a governor and you hurt someone. This is assuming one of your motors can even make it far enough to hook to the sled

Edited by blue924.9 - 19 Jun 2013 at 6:21pm
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 6:19pm
yeah there is its Winner.    Winners always have a advantage
blue924.9 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue924.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 6:22pm

You are truly a piece of , if you win so much how come there are always pics of your motor in pieces in a bucket or in an oil pan
blue924.9 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue924.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 6:24pm

winners should be intelligent enough to find a way to win without cheating. Besides how many losses do you have in pulling, I have Zero
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 6:29pm
thats others posting stuff to make the inexperienced believe that so they can take your money by eliminating me as a consideration to do work for you . I do not build anything that can not be blown up by anyone.  I have two builds in shop for others now and working on a price for a complete engine from carb to oil pan for another this week. 423-472-0896 shop or cell 423 242 8596 .If you call shop ask for Mitch or Ed  . If you call cell you get me directly.  when did you start pulling?  You've been asking a  lot of newb questions even posted that.  How many engines have you done for others?

Edited by mlpankey - 19 Jun 2013 at 6:31pm
blue924.9 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue924.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 6:38pm
I don't do engines for others cause I can be a big boy and admit that I can't do it I don't go blow other people's stuff up. Also I have zero wins and zero loses, but its still a better record than you have
Kip-Utah View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kip-Utah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 7:06pm
I have never pulled anywhere that did not have a rule that requires a functioning governor. I have seen guys with bush league devices to override the governor, but have never seen this chicke sh#^ approach work better than a properly adjusted and functioning governor. Kip
HANSEN'S OLD ORANGE IRON. Showing, Pulling, & Going!!
THE-MAN View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE-MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 9:24pm

I do not build anything that can not be blown up

Hes telling the truth folks. He does not build anything. 

Hes also saying his stuff can be blown up.

We find these truths to be self evident...
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firephight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2013 at 7:25am
OK ENOUGH IS ENOUGH STOP POSTING ON MY TREAD ABOUT PLANKY I COULD CARE LESS I AM HERE TO LEARN! !!!!!!!!
Ihateillinoisnazis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ihateillinoisnazis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2013 at 8:03am
Originally posted by firephight firephight wrote:

OK ENOUGH IS ENOUGH STOP POSTING ON MY TREAD ABOUT PLANKY I COULD CARE LESS I AM HERE TO LEARN! !!!!!!!!

YOU WANNA YELL, I CAN TOO!!!   READ DRALLIS'S POST!!!!!   IT HAS BEEN EXPLAINED. UNLESS YOU WANT TO GO ON YOUR OWN AND TAKE THE GOOD ADVISE OF THE SPUNKSTER.

Had enough with the ALL CAPS yet???
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firephight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2013 at 11:40am
I have got my info! and hate that everyone has to high jack a post bec planky has posted his usless knowlage
Originally posted by Ihateillinoisnazis Ihateillinoisnazis wrote:

Originally posted by firephight firephight wrote:

YOU WANNA YELL, I CAN TOO!!!   READ DRALLIS'S POST!!!!!   IT HAS BEEN EXPLAINED. UNLESS YOU WANT TO GO ON YOUR OWN AND TAKE THE GOOD ADVISE OF THE SPUNKSTER.

Had enough with the ALL CAPS yet???
blue924.9 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue924.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2013 at 11:45am
Simple solution pank goes, everyone else but him goes,or he puts on his big boy pants and shuts up, realizing he is spilling complete crap or telling others to cheat in this case putting other people besides his own stupid self in danger. And that's putting it nicely. Petition to the moderator anyone?

Edited by blue924.9 - 20 Jun 2013 at 7:14pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic