This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How are you all doin through this coronavirus thin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 1:25pm
This whole thing worries me as there are a BUNCH of us older forum members on here and we are in that dangerous category and Bill, you are one of em.
So to ALL of the entire forum, be safe guys follow the guidelines and take care.  There's' too many with SO much knowledge on here and we need all of you.
Dying is something none of us can control, but getting sick and then dying is something we can.  Take care and be safe!!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Sponsored Links

injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 1:38pm
one question I've been asking people I know. Does anyone know anyone personally that has it?? Not asking about celebs, asking about personally known cases?
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
allisrutledge View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisrutledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 2:10pm
It's here now or they just found it. In a plant I visit often. Young man, and I do know his family.
Allis Chalmers still exist in my mind and barns
mnjoe View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mnjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 7:20pm
Monday Mar 23rd I had surgery on my left total knee replacement was installed July 24th 2018. I did something, found out Jan 24th that it was loose after ex-rays. I had fluid under my knee cap. After blood tests, fluid culture tests and bone scan. It was found to be infected. My only option was removal of my 2018 knee. My wife dropped me off Monday morning...I was on my own. It was scary not having her there. I was in good hands. My knee HURTS. They glue the joints in and had to chip it out. I'm home with a spacer in my knee. I have a pic line in my arm. I'm on IV antibiotic injections 3 times a day for 6 weeks. I hope people follow the rules. STAY home keep 6' away and DO NOT visit. It was scary at the hospital. Everybody gave me great care. On my floor they had only 2 patients. They had training for what is coming.   
SEIA Farmer View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SEIA Farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 10:30pm
   Not much change for me...I'm socially distant all the time on the farm doin chores and gettin new calves...just go to town about once a week for feed and groceries.  Need to start next week getting machinery ready for field work.  My wife is home to cook though, she took 2 weeks vacation from the health center where she works.  I did miss going to Gathering of the Green in Davenport last weekend (wrong color, I know).  I do have a WC restoration project that's getting close to going back together, that I've been hitting hard this winter.   It's been a nice change from working on green stuff.  I've always got plenty to do...inside and out, so I can't get bored.
    Skateboarder, I see you're in my neighborhood.  I'm just down the road from West Chester.  
mtanut View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 5:35am
I clean and tv sewer lines and we rehabilitate lines also, we are deemed essential and have been working every day. I will say driving through Pittsburgh has been a breeze.
I have a 185 Allis, 6060 Allis, Model K gleaner, SMTA ferg 35, ferg 20 (paps first tractor, Allis B (wife's)John Deere 240 skid loader and a bunch of the usual farm stuff.
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 6:58am
Wednesday my home town, Hayfield MN, had it's first confirmed case and by Friday they had 3 more. First one was at the window company and I was told they shut down that day and sent everyone home. My job is somewhat essential but was told I only need to come in once or twice a week. To put is short we work with mice.

Edited by Lonn - 28 Mar 2020 at 7:00am
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 7:08am
The dentist who works with me and I got notice from the governor yesterday to get ready to report to NYC to replace health care workers who are overwhelmed. Since he is single and I am not, he is going to go down this week and I will go in the next wave. Neighbor has a 1000 cow herd and said he would just blend my herd of cows into his. We laughed when he said we should quarantine for two weeks
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 11:13am
Got a few things done around the farm and some wood cut. Monday I go back to work. Guess I’m “essential” after all. It’s good to feel needed.    
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 5:25pm
Just had the first death, here, of the 88 cases overall.  80 yr old man, no details given...
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 6:00pm
My wife is a Nurse Administrator at a NYS maximum security prison. As of today, they have had no positives, but have several isolated. 
There are two medium security prisons within a mile of the max she works at. Both of the mediums have had a positive (one an inmate and one a Corrections Officer). 
Since I am mid 60's and a cancer patient (in remission for 2 years) I am VERY concerned.
When all this is done, I hope we are all still having these conversations !!!
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 6:14pm
Working by myself on various things around here either maple or honey related. It has not really affected my day to day things around here. We live on 4 acres in the country. have neighbors fairly close but no issues. Wife needed to go to Walmart. It was a little busier than normal. most folks did not get close and lots of families there too. Toilet paper was gone and also all the flour. Not sure what thats about. Every one must be watching little house on the prairie where Pa went into Mankato and got flour, salt, ammo and Toilet paper! Just sayin.:)

Also grilled some sausages and a nice Venison back strap glazed with our Maple Mustard:

Was like a real nice tender fillet with some fried 'taters and onions!

Rough, but guess we are doing OK!:)
 Regards,
 Chris

Edited by Sugarmaker - 28 Mar 2020 at 6:17pm
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
cabinhollow View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabinhollow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 8:23pm
We need to send Sugarmaker supplies. He is have a rough time getting food.
Best I could do today was grilled burger and chicken.
I do have 400 legs of lamb running around, so I maybe ok.
Could use some of that "Maple Mustard" to put on them.
Reindeer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reindeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 9:59pm
Southern Alberta dodged snow falling a bit further north. Have been checking out the 5015 and belly mower the past few weeks. Took the mower out from under the tractor to check hearings which are OK. Straightened out a few dings.
Someone had welded the front bumper onto the frame. Only problem with that was taking out the battery required taking off the radiator on the tractor. I've been trying to get it apart for a couple years off and on, and finally succeeded, but perforated the battery case in my enthusiasm. Acid etched the shop floor pretty quick.
Currently picking through the non standard wiring trying to make it all work. At least I can stay in the shop and be mostly isolated.
Stay healthy!

Edited by Reindeer - 28 Mar 2020 at 10:01pm

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 12:39am
3 of our local rescue squadsmen are in quarantine now after they answered a call on an elderly person, afterwards they found out that person tested positive for the virus. the old person died, the squadsmen are all isolated at their homes, their families can't even be in/live in the same house with them for 14 days. I have quit going to coffee in town every morning, i'm susceptable to flu's, and other things. so I guess i'm in my own quarantine here. not minding it so far.
Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 6:05am
To answer Ed's question. Our next door neighbor here on the farm has Covid 19. He is in his late forties. The company he owns with his brother were working in a brewery in Dallas. He flew back home a few weeks ago so doesn't know where he picked up the virus.
Was pretty sick at home but feeling much better now. Brewery in Dallas shut down because he was there. On top of that his Dad just moved into hospice and he can't see him. Yesterday he planned to go to the hospice and see his Dad through the window.
It's real guys. Follow the rules. I'm isolated in the shop working on my 220 fwd.

Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 6:16am
Hamilton has 50 Cv19ers. As Calvin knows , I'm 'semi rural' and don't see too many people. Got 4-6 months supplies in the larder AND both rhubarb and garlic are up ! Seeing how the heavens opened up ,again, I'll be in the garage..adjusting brakes on 'Paris', #3 D14. Hoping I don't have to do the shoes and seals like 'Troy' got  a week ago. Having to stay AWAY from everyone is a GREAT reason to be 'turning wrenches' ...

Jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 3:48pm
If I can get my butt off the couch I may go get the WD wide front and The WZ from storage. Worked on extracting honey this afternoon with the wife. Will have about 6 gallons of honey from the colonies that did not survive the winter.

Cheryl was doing most of the extracting:

Uncapping a frame of goldenrod honey:

Regards,
Chris

D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by cabinhollow cabinhollow wrote:

We need to send Sugarmaker supplies. He is have a rough time getting food.
Best I could do today was grilled burger and chicken.
I do have 400 legs of lamb running around, so I maybe ok.
Could use some of that "Maple Mustard" to put on them.

I have not eaten lamb in years! Was good when I did have it. So I think your not going to starve either. I just made a batch of the Maple mustard and Maple BBQ sauces. Have a mild version and a spicy version of each. 
I might gain a couple pounds on this lock down thing! Pancakes and home grown pork sausage links for lunch. Yea its rough out here!:)
 Regards,
 Chris
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 8:55pm
Folks,
 Moved tractors home tonight Trying to keep moving.
The WZ:

The WD:

Regards,
 Chris
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 7:57am
Well, our county now has one case, and it IS in our small town. He is isolating in his own house. I'm sure many more will pop up in the larger towns in the county.
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
sploke View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sploke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 1:16pm
Day to day for me here in CT hasn't changed much.  I'm in aerospace mfg and we're essential so I'm at work every day still...I spend most of my time out on the shop floor so not like I can do that from home.  Wife is working from home, and luckily the kids' day care is still operating so we have coverage there.  My company announced some cutbacks for later this year, layoffs and furloughs, the decrease in civil aviation is hurting us already...defense is still going strong though.  One company site shut down for two weeks due to a positive employee, and Boeing's Everett/Seattle plant shutdown is really hurting some of our other businesses right now.  On the plus side, with my first furlough week in May I'll have plenty of time for tractor projects!
Creek Jenkins View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Creek Jenkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 3:25pm
I'm working from home as I'm on the low immunity list. My wife is off work as the restaurant is closed. So we walk the dogs at first light while the ground is still frozen. I'm at my computer at 7:30 to catch the last hours of our European customers. Usually a phone conference or three during the day with designers or customers. Quit at 5 for dinner, another walk, maybe a ride in the Ranger and send some lead downrange. Back at the computer at 8 or so to catch our Australian plant for their morning. Sauna, a glass of wine or Jack and hit the sack by 11. We are pretty well stocked up so no plans to go to town anytime soon. I was in the ER last friday for a problem and after they fixed me up, I was walking out and a guy was coming in, said he was having breathing problems. I still had the mask on they gave me when I came in, didn't wait around to hear anymore, went straight home.
cheers,
Creek
Have spacesuit, will travel
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 4:29pm
Just the wife and I here.  Got plenty of food, just going out for prescriptions.  I did place a order for some basics, flour, sugar, etc. yesterday, pick up scheduled for next Monday.  Earliest appointment I could get.  We are outside their delivery range.  Wife might need to get an emergency dental appointment.  That's the only reason Dentists can see a patient in MI.  The last time I saw anything, the county I live in is second to Detroit for most cases.  Probably because many work in Detroit.  I haven't been doing much of anything because of the cancer thing.  I did get out and get the outside water turned on and some hoses brought out and hooked up.  Wifey got some of the yard cleaned up from last fall.  The weather hasn't been very nice for working outside yet.  I'm hoping Spring gets here soon.  I did see our local groundhog out the other day.  It was a sunny day so it did see it's shadow, I'm not sure what that means!
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 8:32pm
Folks,
Its not looking good for this CV-19 event to blow over soon. Looks like end of April things will still closed down. 
I forced myself to try something that I have been threatening to do for years. Bake some bread! I didn't realize it was that much work! But worth it, with some of our daughters honey topping off some toast!

Regards,
 Chris

Eldon (WA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eldon (WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 8:38pm
Looks like the good ole Betty Crocker cookbook there....
ALLIS EXPRESS!
This year:
Red Bank View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Bank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 8:49pm
Chris I swear I can smell that bread and taste it by looking at those pictures looks delicious
allis g View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allis g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 9:56pm
All on Home Detention per Dictator Newsome.  Getting lots done up on the hill, great progress on the 51 Mercury.  Started all the equipment and changed oil in everything Plenty of food stored up.  All good in the land of fruits and nuts.  Friend in so cal has tested +  he's in his late 70's  said its sickest he's ever been.  
LionelinKY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LionelinKY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 2:17am
[QUOTE=Ranse]We have pretty much the same things going on here in middle Tennessee. The big surprise is the factories shutting down. Us at Bridgestone, the Nissan plant in Smyrna, TN, and Volkswagon in Chattanooga. Things must be bad if these big companies are willing to give up a few bucks.

I don't think they were willing. They were told to.
"My name is Lionel and I'm an Allisoholic"
LionelinKY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LionelinKY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 3:43am

Kids are on their 3rd week out of school here. This is technically their spring break so no assignments being given out this week. Schools were right on the ball here and had approved the use of online learning before the governor even requested that all schools closed. Kids never lost a day of learning. Oldest is a senior so we are in that some boat with the rest of you that already mentioned this and yes, she has a brand new dress hanging in the closet already that she'll probably never wear now. Wife is a substitute teacher so out of work too at the same time. I work in a hospital lab in Louisville so I am still working but volume of work has declined and frankly I hope it stays that way for a while but fear it will not. We've confirmed 140+ positive cases since the beginning in our hospitals with hundreds of tests not resulted back to us yet. A lot have been treated and returned home to finish recovery. Only 1 or 2 deaths that I am aware of. 50+ employees have tested positive though and on home isolation-only 1 admitted that I've heard. Everyone please follow the guidelines so we can get past this asap!

"My name is Lionel and I'm an Allisoholic"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic