This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How are you all doin through this coronavirus thin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How are you all doin through this coronavirus thin
    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 at 2:20pm
Here in Maryland we have taken all kinds of steps to adjust to the coronavirus situation.  Schools closed, restaurants closed except for carry out, bars closed, local transportation system adjusted for less traffic, stores crowded and some shelves empty, Church closed, older people - like me - told to stay home, many people are forced to stay home, are about all I can think of now.  I know there are more things that have happened.
Wondering, since we represent a lot of area in the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Europe, and some in Asia, what steps are you required to take to meet this emergency.    
In any event wish all my fellow forum members the very best.
Good Luck!
Bill Long
Sponsored Links

Jk chalmers View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jk chalmers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2020 at 2:39pm
Same here in Ohio tough w kids out of school to not let them be around a bunch of friends. That’s are challenge at the moment.. So me and my boys went over to the shop started all the old ac tractors up and messed around till they got bored!
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2020 at 3:57pm
Me and mom have not been out of the house for a week and a half now. Got lots of tea makings and food previously put up, plenty of TP. We are good for at least a month and a half or better. Just hope neither of us goes into Afib, that's our Achilles heel for now. Just need the gas, electric, and water to stay on till it's warmer up here.

Hope you all fare well too.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Ed (Ont) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed (Ont) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2020 at 4:15pm
Same measures here in Canada as well. Good thing I have lots to do at home. 😀
Dick L View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2020 at 4:27pm
Dixie has not been out of the house for two weeks. She signed up for meals on wheels for last week so one good meal is brought in mid day each day. With a little something late afternoon we are good at our age sitting around. I am ready to start my 4th week in physical therapy Tues. and Thurs. I did stop in at Rural King at Angola Indiana for feed last Thursday. No cases identified in Steuben County Indiana yet. The hospital where I get physical therapy wipes every thing any one touches. I think I am safe there. The emergency rooms are at the other end of the building with different entrances. They say I need to continue the therapy as it is an extension of the surgery.
For Walmart and Meijer's we can buy on line and they load it in our car. We have done both once three weeks ago.      

Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2020 at 4:38pm
Same here in Iowa. Watching a lot of the old tele these days. I am wondering about the younger set. How many new arrivals will there be nine months from now? As for me, I got me a good old fashioned cold. Coughing and hacking up crud out of the lungs. No fever. Just a good old fashioned cold,,,,,, so far.  
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
Ted in NE-OH View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted in NE-OH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2020 at 5:11pm
Watching a lot of old cowboy movies on you-tube. Lone Ranger, Roy Rodgers, Bonanza, Have gun Will Travel, and more
CA, WD, C, 3 Bs, 2 Gs, WC, I-400, 914
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2020 at 5:23pm
PA is just about under Marshal Law. State police are to enforce the business shut down. We have two confirmed cases in our county. 
Same one car has gone up and down the road several times today. Scary quite! Cold today so we are inside. If it warms I have plenty to do outside. Maple tubing needs to come down next week. Then yard work can start and I have things to do at our tractor show grounds.
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2020 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by Bill Long Bill Long wrote:

Here in Maryland we have taken all kinds of steps to adjust to the coronavirus situation.  Schools closed, restaurants closed except for carry out, bars closed, local transportation system adjusted for less traffic, stores crowded and some shelves empty, Church closed, older people - like me - told to stay home, many people are forced to stay home, are about all I can think of now.  I know there are more things that have happened.
Wondering, since we represent a lot of area in the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Europe, and some in Asia, what steps are you required to take to meet this emergency.    
In any event wish all my fellow forum members the very best.
Good Luck!
Bill Long

Bill, you forgot a couple, in MD, no auctions or yard sales.  I'm so bored, I've been sitting around sorting bolts and parts, from long ago auctions...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2020 at 5:37pm
 I could clean my bench. But seems easier to just procrastinate a little too.
Never been through one of these before. I would really hate to see what would happen if we had a more serious problem. More folks nowadays that could not survive as easy as farm raised old folks!
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
ksbowman View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ksbowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2020 at 5:48pm
Our life hasn't changed much. We only left the farm to go to town one day a week and out to dinner one weekend night. We stay at home and eat now and the trip to town is just grocery . I have plenty to work on in the shop. Changed the motor in riding lawnmower last week and changed a transmission line 3 times till I got a good one on the truck. Mower parts and transmission lines came from Rock Auto and Amazon on line. Working on some fences and going to cut, split and stack some wood this week and train on a horse or two.
 I did cancel a hog hunt in Texas on a buddies lease , as we didn't know if they might do a lockdown or shut down access to fuel. It was a week out. Didn't consider myself elderly till they told on tv this week. LOL . We have plenty of beef, pork and venison in the freezer and a big pantry that we always keep at least 2 weeks of goods in. Even have plenty of TP and more in the 5th wheel.
garden_guy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garden_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2020 at 6:07pm
Here in Illinois we are locked down pretty good. I just delivered 6 pounds of meat to my folks last night so they can avoid going out as much as possible. Was hoping to work on the tractors, but am bunkered in with my better half closer to my work and have set up a work from home spot. Made 3 trips to work to get stuff before the 5PM deadline today. Roads are getting quieter. Whole factory was shut down when I was there. Try to shop for groceries at off peak hours (9AM, 3PM) and avoid people as much as possible.
B26240 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B26240 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2020 at 6:53pm
Up here in northern MN about the same as the rest of you,  I am thankful for my shop, no tractor work for now but I have been building a flywheel engine this winter.   Wife still is on the local F>D> as an EMT.   Sure hope they don't get a corona virus related call as that could end up doing me in if I get it.  
Ranse View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2020 at 6:54pm
We have pretty much the same things going on here in middle Tennessee. The big surprise is the factories shutting down. Us at Bridgestone, the Nissan plant in Smyrna, TN, and Volkswagon in Chattanooga. Things must be bad if these big companies are willing to give up a few bucks.

My mother was complaining because my sister wouldn't take her to town. I told her I would take her Monday. That seemed to please her. Then my wife told me that taking my 85 year old mother to town was not using common sense. Perhaps she's right, now I don't know if I should take her or not.
dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2020 at 7:25pm
Here in Ithaca, it feels like the calm before the storm. Hospital has cancelled all elective surgeries. Since I am with the hospital, my dental office is pretty much the only one open in the county so I am busier than I should be. No one is paying bills and I don't blame them but I want to make sure staff get's paid. Got one single mom who works for me and a couple other with husbands who got laid off so payroll first and everyone else will have to wait. Upstate I don't think will get hit hard but the city could get bad. Cuomo says the city has 1/3 the ventilators it needs but there is no way he has the md's needed to run them.
BrianC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2020 at 7:52pm
Worst imaginable, local tractor club canceled plow day.
Stay safe.
WD in Australia View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WD in Australia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2020 at 7:55pm
Hi to all my fellow Allis mates. We are going pretty well here in Australia. We are not really in lock down still able to go and get supplies from most businesses. They have cancelled many events including a large rally we have at Easter at the largest ag musuem in the Southern Hemisphere (Wheatlands) at Warracknabeal. Was a shame as I had a CASE 600 header ready to harvest some wheat for the CASE feature this year. All outdoor events of 500+ people have been cancelled and 100+ people indoors. Most businesses are still open as for us farmers we are gearing up for planting our crops so we need chemical, fert & seed etc.
Trying to stay at home as best we can. We have stocked up on food supplies a few weeks back however some people have been going crazy stripping shelves bare. Schools are still open as they are worried that to many health care workers will be forced to stay at home if schools close. They say kids are immune to it so are not to worried.
Going to get stuck into my Gleaner Model C and XT190 I recently got from an estate. Both have been sitting in a shed for 30+ years so need a full service.
Take care and stay safe. Cheers Richard 
Gary Burnett View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Burnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2020 at 8:04pm
About the same for me just feeding cows,working around the farm,getting machinery ready for hay season about the only time I go anywhere is to pick up some fuel.Do miss going to auctions that have been canceled but good news is still have the money i'd of spent(LOL)
skateboarder68 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skateboarder68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2020 at 8:56pm
Wife is off work from school, restaurants closed except drive thru or delivery. I’m still hauling hogs to market like a madman. No change on that front
Orange & Silver still earnin their keep on the farm: R62, Series IV D17 nf, 185, 6080, 6080 fwa, 220, 1968 D21, 7045, DT240.
Ted in NE-OH View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted in NE-OH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2020 at 9:32pm
I wish it was warmer, as there is much to do outside.
CA, WD, C, 3 Bs, 2 Gs, WC, I-400, 914
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 6:10am
I am in NY State right on the Canadian border (5 miles to Quebec - 12 miles to Ontario) which is closed. This is tough for us since one of my daughters and her family live in Quebec (about 15 miles from us). We don't know when we will see them next.

NY States confirmed cases have been rising rapidly, almost doubling daily. A lot of that rise is due to increasing testing. Our county (Franklin County) has no confirmed cases yet, nor does an adjoining county, St. Lawrence, which is where the June 12-14 GOTO will be. Three other adjoining counties have had a few (all under 5) confirmed cases. 

On a personal note, our court is closed, so I am off most of the time(except for scattered necessary proceedings) . One of our clerks is working part-time. 

My wife, who is the Nurse Administrator at a local state maximum security prison, was planning to retire in June. She has a bunch of unused accrued time to use up and was planning for April 3 to be her last work day. That is all out the window now.

Stay safe everyone and PLEASE follow the recommendations (or mandates) about this pandemic !

Edited by WF owner - 22 Mar 2020 at 6:10am
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 6:20am
Originally posted by Ted in NE-OH Ted in NE-OH wrote:

I wish it was warmer, as there is much to do outside.

Last fall, I bought an abandoned warehouse (60' x 72'), close to my house, for tractor (and other stuff) storage. There are a bunch of box elder trees that have shot up on the property. They vary from about 30" on the stump to small stuff. Yesterday, I went down and dropped three of them and cut them up into manageable size lengths. I only have about 100 to go !

I discovered I'm not 20 any more ! I told my wife last night that the fingernail on my little finger was the only part of my body that didn't hurt !!!
omahagreg View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omahagreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 7:08am
I’m a carpenter working for a pharmacy- doing home modifications so handicapped and elderly can more easily stay in their homes! In Nebraska we have four counties-one is mine-with restriction of no more then 10 people together. We are working, BUT, my projects are building outdoor ramps-I know of 4! Problem is it’s raining! I’ve been 8 hours short each week for 2 weeks now, not from the virus but from the Weather!
Greg Kroeker
1950 WD with wide front and Freeman trip loader
Dave(inMA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave(inMA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 7:54am
Massachusetts isn't on mandatory lockdown...yet. State of emergency has been declared. Stores (many of them) are closed. All unnecessary surgeries and doc appts cancelled. Gatherings of more than 10 are not supposed to happen. Church services and meetings are happening online. Schools are closed. Colleges and universities have sent students home. Social distancing and similar recommendations in effect. Grocery stores getting hammered by shoppers who were buying with the blizzard mentality....that seems to have slowed down. Very little traffic on the roads. Appears that most people are doing what the governor has asked - some exceptions last weekend....hopefully those people have smartened up.

Please everyone do what's being asked. By the time you can count infections in your county or town, those people will have infected others with whom they've been in contact. And, like it or not, most of us are in the high risk group.
WC, CA, D14, WD45
victoryallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote victoryallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 8:01am
Originally posted by BrianC BrianC wrote:

Worst imaginable, local tractor club canceled plow day.
Stay safe.

Atleast the soul is healthier because of this.
8030 and 8050MFWD, 7580, 3 6080's, 160, 7060, 175, heirloom D17, Deere 8760
dave63 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 8:34am
Bill, I guise I won't be stopping in to see you anytime soon.  My brother closed the doors Friday at Wertz.  I think he is going to try to have someone there to answer the phone and put parts out for clients that need to go. But since it is now an " outdoor power equipment business' it is not under the Ag exempt of the Governors order. Other then having colds we are all doing well. Hope you stay healthy. 
The universal answer to all questions is yes, how much do you want to spend?
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 8:42am
Got laid off Friday.

TGerber View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TGerber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 10:04am
Southern Ontario locked down like the rest of you, local hospital where my sons girl friend is a nurse is having 50 nurses tested and may have been exposed to the virus- not good
My Dad had a stroke on Friday the 13th and is a local rehab hospital trying to recover and with the lockdown we can't go see him or help him..that is the worst feeling - just helpless..
Tough to see his D14 in the shop..his skid steer needs some fixing so my son and I will try to tackle that - keep us busy for a while waiting for him to come home to play with it again.

MDWilliams338 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDWilliams338 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 10:15am
Just trying to laying low. Stocked up on food,ammo & vitamins.So far got two weeks off from Goodyear as of right now because Ford,GM,Chrysler can’t get parts from overseas so I’m getting a few things done on my Harley and helping dad on the D19.It is eerily quiet with our farm next to I-95 and Ft Bragg....traffic is waaaaaay down.But yeah,the toughest part is keeping my teens wrangled in and others out.First day out of school my kids had just about all the high schools baseball and lacrosse team in our hayfields playing🥴
‘42B,’45B,’48C,’51CA,’52CA,’69170,1935WC,1936WC,WD,WD Highcrop,WD45,WF,D10/14/15/17/19

It isn’t how you die.It’s what you live for.-Daniel Boone
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 10:32am
My 18 year old daughter is upset as she is supposed to graduate this year and it's her last year for Track and FFA. Her last day was Monday and I doubt they will reopen this school year. She came home in tears that last day of school. Also she and my oldest daughter work at a grocery store so I'm worried because they are exposed to so many people all going crazy in the store. Friday was the worst they had seen with almost each day for the past week and a half setting a new record sales day only to be broken again the next day. Yesterday was a slight let up and they are always closed on Sunday which is nice.
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic