This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How are things in the storm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How are things in the storm
    Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 1:49pm
We in the East are hearing strong Storm Warnings of the storm in the Chicago, Wisconsin, Missouri, Iowa, area.  Hope all is going as well as can be expected and that the storm will have no casualties. 
Right now here in Maryland we have left over snow and this morning there was an ice storm.  Course the big one is yet to come.
To all
Good Luck!
Bill Long
Sponsored Links

morton(pa) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morton(pa) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 2:01pm
We had a 2 hour delay here at college in Doylestown, Bucks County, PA from a small sleet/ice storm. Like Bill said, the Big one is supposed to come tonight and carry on into tomorrow. Wish it was snow rather then sleet, ice, or rain! Especially the amount you guys are getting. 
JoeO(CMO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeO(CMO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 2:05pm

Bill, according to the weathermen, we are only half way to their predicted accumulation, snowing all day with some wind causing drifting with the blizzard conditions coming tonight.  They also say this is the first time blizzard conditions warning for this area for this area.
Right now we have about 12 inches with 10-14 inches additional before ending. 
Good Luck
Joe O

Edited by JoeO(CMO) - 01 Feb 2011 at 3:23pm

Dans 7080 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dans 7080 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 2:20pm
In sw OH we have about a 1/4" of ice on things now. The roads are clear as its warm enough the salt is still working. We are expected to get another 1/4" tonight. I hope thats all we get.
Rich(CentWI) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich(CentWI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 2:21pm
Here in central Wisconsin the snow ended last night. We got about 4 inches so not too bad. We are due for a cool down for the next few days  but that is better than all the snow they are getting south of us. Have to feel sorry for the ones in the storms path.
Osage_Orange View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Osage_Orange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 2:21pm
As best I can tell (wind blowing about 20 mph), snow is about 12 inches with drifts   knee deep.  About another foot predicted for tonight with temps in single digits (temp now 14*).  About 1/4 inch of sleet under the snow.  No traffic on road by our house.  Getting the snow plow ready.  The good news is: 1) water is not frozen and 2) electricity is still on. Near Springfield.  It will be interesting to see if the mail gets delivered today.   Predictions are for single below zero digits tomorrow tonight.  Whew!

Edited by Osage_Orange - 01 Feb 2011 at 10:27pm
Why is there never time to do it right the first time, but always time to go back and fix it?
skipwelte View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skipwelte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 2:26pm

It isnt snowing here much anymore, only got by with about 6 inchs out of the 2 inchs predicted by the weather fools.    Now we have 20-30 mph winds which makes it hard to see and will drift   on the roads. I had 12 inchs on my deck this AM, some was from blowin snow.  Tonight arount -10 tomorrow a high of 8, tomorrow nite will be warmer. Right now 20 degrees is hot around here!!!!!

Mnfarmboy View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mnfarmboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 2:33pm
Boss called at 6:15 this AM and said to stay at home where it's warm.  About a foot of snow, 8 degrees above and a 35-40 MPH wind out of the north.  TV says we are having a blizzard, LOL.
 Dave M
jjrosty View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjrosty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 2:42pm
Here in Tulsa we have 12-14" on the ground. drifts are knee deep+.   its stopped snowing now but still have high winds.  10 degrees right now
Gerald J. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerald J. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 3:18pm
Maybe as much as 300' visibility in blowing snow. Drifts building.

The Des Moines State Patrol dispatcher is busier than a one armed paper hanger. Sounds like the interstates will soon be parked solid from Iowa City to Omaha anchored by trucks halfway in the ditch or the median.

Gerald J.
R.W View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R.W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 3:32pm
Got about 4 incheses last night and were sposto get around 10 incheses tonight! Put the blade on the 7045 and the skid steere is ready!
In Search Of: 1958 Allis Chalmers D17 Diesel serial #9643D
Michael (WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael (WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 3:41pm

Things are in flux right now in east central Wisconisn.  Between yesterday evening and last night I think we got around 10", but hard to say since I shoveled more than once and we had so much snow on the ground all ready.  It stopped snowing on the way to work this morning, and was decent most the morning.  The wind has started picking up now and it is supposed to blow all night and drift our new fluffly snow.  On top of that we may get another 6-10" of lake effect snow as Manitowc county borders the big pond.  Times like this I wish we still had the 7' snowblower instead of just a loader.  Mike

wheatbreeder View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wheatbreeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 4:15pm
wind is blowing and snow is drifting from last nights 1 inch the storm waiting for the snow to start 
Morley 
Farm stuff 8050,6690,175,F2,5050,WD
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 4:23pm
I was just going to ask about this, Thanks Bill!  We are just starting here in SE MI.  Light snow and a good breeze out there.  The blizzard is supposed to start at 7PM, so I'm still waiting to see what happens.  If the track stays true, we are supposed to get whatever JoeO(CMO) gets.  I hope so I really enjoy getting to play with my little blower!!
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 4:23pm
Storms east of us now.  Only got a couple inches of snow.  The high was supposed to be 0 but it's nearly 10 above (in the shade) and the sun is out.  None of the foretasted wind either although east of here on the high plains may be a different story.  Supposed to be in the 40's by Friday and the weekend.  I feel for you east of here.
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
bauerd44 View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bauerd44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 5:14pm
New on TV just said that I-70 is closed from Wentzville to Kansas City, a total of 208 miles.  I only have about 5-6 inches of snow now, but they are saying that more is coming.  One report in central Missouri said they have 22 inches near the Lake of Ozark.  I guess this is going to be as bad as the weather guys and gals are saying.

Dale
Eric[IL] View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric[IL] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 5:42pm
We live about 30 miles SE of Springfield IL.  We have at least 1/2" of ice on trees, powerlines, & roads.  It started yesterday with freezing rain with ocassional sleet.  Today, mostly sleet all day.  The wind has picked up in this afternoon.  Heavy ice laidened power lines & trees are swinging.  Electrical power is still on here, but some are experiencing no power.  News says that Interstates 70 & 55 south from Springfield to St. Louis is closed.
SWMOCraig View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWMOCraig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 6:11pm
As of 6 PM, we have 19" and it's still snowing. We are just south of Joplin, MO. Anyone want some snow??
Whenever there is a hard job to be done I assign it to a lazy man; he is sure to find an easy way of doing it.

— Walter P. Chrysler

"Like" us on Facebook at Allis B Seat.Com

www.allisbseat.c
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 6:11pm
We are getting it here in MO. I will be getting some seat time tomorrow on the WD45.
This is the stuff you guys up North get not us.Don
The top is of the dog house and goff cart, the last one is the same after the snow fell, is how my truck looked after I got home at 4PM today, It's higher now. Don
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

wheatbreeder View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wheatbreeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 6:15pm
No ice just starting to snow.Can still see lights 3/4 mi away 
Morley 
Farm stuff 8050,6690,175,F2,5050,WD
Allis Fields View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allis Fields Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 6:24pm
The wind ia a bear. I just went to town and back. the field acrosed the road from my house was blown down to bare ground. there was 12" or more, acumulated over winters time, of snow on it this morning. an area about 10 acres or more now bare. wount stay that way for long.
Allis orange blooded by family. Allis Diehard by choice
Daehler View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daehler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 6:26pm
Would say we got about 18 inch about 40 miles east of Kansas City, still snowing
ACADICK View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACADICK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 6:31pm

6 inches snow,30+mph winds

Larry(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 6:43pm
 we have 120 crews coming to Wooster for storm restoration if needed.  We are expected to get another 3/4 in of ice tonight with the strong winds tomorrow.  Looks like more OT for tractors!!!
'40 WC puller,'50 WD puller,'50 M puller '65 770 Ollie

*ALLIS EXPRESS contact*

I can explain it to you, BUT I cannot understand it for you!!
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 7:04pm
So Don, did you shovel a path to the heated doghouse or is Gale putting up with ya this evening? I don't think we had as much snow as they were predicting. It's been snowing pretty hard since 1:30 or 2 this afternoon and the wind has been a steady 25-30 with gusts to 50mph. It's supposed to lighten up from the inch and hour stuff by 10pm. I had a doctors appointment at 2:15 and didn't have any trouble getting to town but on the way home bout 3:30 there were several places on our blacktop were the road disappeared and you gotta just center up on the ditches. Used to be able to drive between the fences to tell where you were going but there ain't no more fences around here. I sure as heck won't be getting the 45 out till the wind lets up considerable. Stay warm and safe people and stay home if you can, it ain't over till it's over.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 7:05pm
I live north west of Springfield and just got home.Drifting is bad and visibltiy is terrible.
D-17 is going to get a workout tomorrow.
We have gotten 8 or so inches but its blowin so hard you can't tell.
They say the worst is yet to come.
Thank god for the internet, satellite can't keep on signal.Turned it off until wind dies down.
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
E7018 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E7018 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 7:22pm
Machine shed burned near here today. Culprit was a engine heater plugged in and shorted somehow. Bad deal.
My tractor is plugged in, now. 30 year old cord on the heater. Plenty bad environment to be hanging there.  But if the power goes off, I need the tractor for the generator.  And it won't start at below zero without being plugged in. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.
miltonallis View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miltonallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 9:34pm
Hey Bill, and all,I'm about 35 miles from the Ill. border in Wi.,been snowing all day off and on,went to a auction today, sadly it was another Allis dealer selling every thing to the bare walls,health problems,there was sure a lot of people there,my dad was a mechanic there for about 30 years,that was many years ago,I wanted to buy a AC sign with their name on it also but it went for 500.oo dollers so I did not get it. the wind is really blowing hard now, 45 mph gusts and the white outs are really bad,they say it should be out of here tomorow afternoon, we should get about 16 more inches tonight on top of what we have already got, weather man said the storm is 2000 miles long so it will take a while to get it out of here,oh well the 45 with plow is full of gas so let it snow and blow...Wayne.
Eldon (WA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eldon (WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 9:56pm
Hey Wayne, someone posted below inquiring about prices at that (Jaynesville) auction.  They (we) would appreciate it if you could post any items and prices that you might remember...Thanks!
ALLIS EXPRESS!
This year:
Osage_Orange View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Osage_Orange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 10:26pm
Hey Don: I might just drop by your place and "borrow" that heat houser for a while.  heh heh ...............O_O
Why is there never time to do it right the first time, but always time to go back and fix it?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic