This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Home Depot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Home Depot
    Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 5:46pm
I placed an on-line order 2 weeks ago (and paid for it) that was promised to be delivered at my local store between X&X day with an email notification. Well, yesterday was the last X day and no notification so a call was made today inquiring WHERE my order was AngryAngry. Long story short, the product arrived at the First day of X, was held for 2 days and RETURNED for non-pick up Ouch ?? I was NEVER notified of the arrival (I  could have used the product last week) in any way-shape-or form Stern Smile !! I've got a co-worker that went through the same BS with H/D last spring, he was ALOT more vocal with the store manager than my wife was tonight and said he will never order online from there again either. Must take a lot of $$ and b/s to sponsor a car ???
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 6:18pm
I go to Menards.......... never a problem. Wink
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 6:24pm
Sadly, Menards doesn't offer this quality of product, that's why I ordered from H/D WinkWink !!
omahagreg View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omahagreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 6:40pm
At work we have decided if Home Depot has it online only we don’t need it!!! They must work at getting things wrong this badly/ often!
Greg Kroeker
1950 WD with wide front and Freeman trip loader
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 6:49pm
QUALITY......

Laughing Smiley Emoji GIF - LaughingSmiley Emoji RollingOnTheFloorLaughing GIFs
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by omahagreg omahagreg wrote:

At work we have decided if Home Depot has it online only we don’t need it!!! They must work at getting things wrong this badly/ often!
Sadly, it's an awesome product that I've not sourced anywhere else Ouch . No, it's NOT a power tool Wink !!
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

QUALITY......

Laughing Smiley Emoji GIF - LaughingSmiley Emoji RollingOnTheFloorLaughing GIFs

Menards tools AIN'T IT !!!
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 7:39pm
We have had the same problem from HD here in Midland TX, also. Unfortunately there are no Menard’s in this part of the country.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 7:59pm
Home Depot == $$$$$$ signs, geesh stuff is high there
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 9:50pm
I don't have that problem here.  I've only used it a couple times, but both times I got the email.  Once I was there and didn't think about my order.  When I got home, I had an email that it was there.  I figured they was just messing with me!!LOL  When I Googled what I wanted it ended up the HD was the best price or worth the convenience. 
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 9:12am
i have never seen where HD had a better price for the same item.. and the selection  of items is not adequate for me.  When i was replumbing with PEX i could get EVERYTHING i wanted and more at MENARDS... HD didnt have 25% of the items.... either did Lowes.
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 10:26am
X2
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 11:20am
I quit using the Big Box chains as much as feasible.  Not been unhappy do not have to drive 30+ minutes one way, use gas, time on car time away from projects, it all adds up to where saving a few dollars to not buy local is NOT worth it.  Same saws, or Blades, or hardware I can get at local yard is pennies to a few dollars more HERE than at any of the big box stores.  Can order anything I would like, have catalogs and TELEPHONE me as arrives, No pay in advance and if not satisfied take it back send it back no issues.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by DougG DougG wrote:

Home Depot == $$$$$$ signs, geesh stuff is high there
NO doubt about that Wink !! That's probably how the NASCAR team keeps going ClapClap !! This particular item is a quality item with a very good price Wink, this is why I'm so upset about the "ordering" deal AngryAngry. Normally I avoid the HD at ALL costs LOLLOL !!
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 8:57pm
I agree with Dave. I try to buy from the local hardwares, lumber yards and farm stores. Much better service, prices are very little more and the lumber is better quality. I can go to the local feed/fertilizer store, back up to the loading dock and tell the guy what I want, go in the office and pay for it. When I leave I don't even have to check the back of the truck to see if everything is loaded.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
AllisFreak MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisFreak MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2021 at 7:59pm
NO doubt about that Wink !! That's probably how the NASCAR team keeps going ClapClap !! This particular item is a quality item with a very good price Wink, this is why I'm so upset about the "ordering" deal AngryAngry. Normally I avoid the HD at ALL costs LOLLOL !!
[/QUOTE]

So what is this highly classified top quality item that you fail to mention? It must really be something.....
'49 A-C WD, '51 A-C WD, '63 A-C D17 Series III, 1968 A-C One-Seventy, '82 A-C 6060, '75 A-C 7040, A-C #3 sickle mower, 2 A-C 701 wagons, '78 Gleaner M2
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2021 at 8:06pm
It's a (sadly) Rigid brand Flip Top Work support. I've never worked with a more stable support stand in 30 years until I started working with a fellow trim carpenter last year.
Thanks for asking btw Wink !!

Edited by FREEDGUY - 13 Feb 2021 at 8:09pm
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2021 at 9:42pm
RIDGID................. It just FREAKS ME OUT when people MISSPELL simple 5th grade words !! Thumbs Up   LOL

Edited by steve(ill) - 13 Feb 2021 at 9:48pm
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 9:45am
I personally dont use Rigid........ Most of my tools are Craftsmen and Macketoe ... Wink
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 10:12am
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

RIDGID................. It just FREAKS ME OUT when people MISSPELL simple 5th grade words !! Thumbs Up   LOL

Yes, Steve, their logic eludes me...Wink

Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Ron Eggen View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Eggen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 4:59pm
Just bought one of them a month ago at our local store in Osage Beach, Mo.  They had them in stock !
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by Ron Eggen Ron Eggen wrote:

Just bought one of them a month ago at our local store in Osage Beach, Mo.  They had them in stock !

You're a lucky guy. I can't believe that 1 store can't "transplant" an item to another store like our local Big C Lumber yard can Confused . You're happy with it I hope LOL, I've owned numerous contraptions in 35 years and this is the cat's meow IMO Wink !!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic