This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Heavy Equipment Shipping

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiquidBlue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2020 at 9:56am
Quote Buy your own truck/trailer, pay the license and insurance and haul ONLY your own stuff(NOT FOR HIRE SIGNS) is THE Only way around it. Current cost here for less than 250 miles is $5.10/loaded mile, after that is a calculated per mile/hours against driver wages fee, right back to the brokerage level pay.

You sound reasonable. But this is not the only problem people have when they order shipping. My cousin shipped a truck and it arrived with heavy damage. He sued the shipping company and they paid him for the damage, but it took half of a year for that to happen. That's why I'm a little paranoid about all of the shipping companies, TBH. Not so long ago a friend of mine told me that he had found a company with the best car shipping rates and even shipped a car fast. And it arrived without any damage. Now I'm thinking about ordering a shipment with those guys too. But I still am a little paranoid because of my cousin's story.

Edited by LiquidBlue - 23 Apr 2020 at 1:13am
Sponsored Links

Tigerhaze View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tigerhaze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2020 at 2:15pm
I am a cost engineer in the construction field so do deal with this issue from time to time plus dealing with my own equipment. A general going rate is $4-$5 a loaded mile (one-way distance) but can be higher or lower depending on locale and timing.

A problem in my part of the country (Midwest) with contract haulers for equipment is planting and harvest season as every farmer has them tied up moving tractors and combines.

As mentioned construction companies are a good bet because many of their projects are on hold right not with the COVID-19 issue and they like to keep revenue up with so much equipment idle.

Right now fuel costs are about as low as they will be but not confident that translates to lower costs for the consumer. 

I have lucked out in shipping costs with a one man hauler out of Nebraska that does multiple loads to cut costs. The problem with him is it is hard to pin him down on exact dates but if you are not in a hurry is usually the cheapest around. He has even spent extra time helping me load dead crawlers with his winch which was worth the delay. 
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2021 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by felicityhu felicityhu wrote:

It isn't easy to find the right equipment for your dog without professional help. An experienced contractor will have more experience assessing the condition of the land and the conditions that will stabilize a site and know suitable sites for development.

Spam reported!
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic