This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD6G-diesel in crankcase oil

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD6G-diesel in crankcase oil
    Posted: 30 Oct 2022 at 7:38am
Have a really clean HD6G (Buda diesel 50's vintage)  Have had it in covered storage forever. Of course, have hardly used it.

Went to start it and on pre-start fluids check found oil way high and thin. Dropped some oil from pan and no coolant. Oil smells like diesel.

Question-What is likely the problem? Any thoughts appreciated. Any ideas on fixes would be appreciated as well.

Thanks
Sponsored Links

doctorcorey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doctorcorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2022 at 9:37am
Originally posted by Dale Dale wrote:

Have a really clean HD6G (Buda diesel 50's vintage)  Have had it in covered storage forever. Of course, have hardly used it.

Went to start it and on pre-start fluids check found oil way high and thin. Dropped some oil from pan and no coolant. Oil smells like diesel.

Question-What is likely the problem? Any thoughts appreciated. Any ideas on fixes would be appreciated as well.

Thanks
    As many have stated, on mine, it was the seal on the transfer pump. If it leaks, it passes directly into the engine oil line that feeds/exits the injector pump. It's a easy fix. Mine had so much diesel in the oil that I believe I could have poured it back into the fuel tank after I drained it. 
Semper Fi USMC    1958 HD6G, 1959 MF 203 loader, 1960 Case 420B Backhoe, MF 65 Tractor/Loader Diesel
doctorcorey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doctorcorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2022 at 9:40am
SKF 4231 is the seal number. You don't have to open the pump up, just remove it and remove the driven gear. 
Semper Fi USMC    1958 HD6G, 1959 MF 203 loader, 1960 Case 420B Backhoe, MF 65 Tractor/Loader Diesel
HD6 Merv View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6 Merv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2022 at 12:15pm
yes exactly what Dr Corey said.  And correct seal number
tits tyres and tracks

they all cost you money
Dale View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2022 at 4:49pm
Thanks for the advice. Always appreciated.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic