This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD6G exhaust, looking for parts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bheston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD6G exhaust, looking for parts
    Posted: 02 Nov 2011 at 4:45pm
I have an HD6G that the old muffler has been patched as many times as it would take, it's time for some kind of replacement.  The only reference to a replacement muffler I have been able to find is a post on this site that someone can get them for $800 or a replacement manifold for $300, I haven't received a reply to that e-mail.  

I don't know how to identify my motor, it's 4 cyl diesel, I assume it is the 344.  Can someone confirm that if I locate an exhaust manifold for a 6000 or 7000 engine that it would fit the 344?  I haven't found these available anywhere either, where can I buy one?  

I found this part number 74339512 (also listed in an old post here) but can't find anyone selling this part either.  

I would be interested in a used muffler, used manifold, or new manifold, any help is greatly appreciated! 
Sponsored Links

Chris/CT View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris/CT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2011 at 6:16pm
I have a note card with a person who was making this part aftermarket, it may well be the poster who you mentioned, if you desire I will try and find the contact info.
doctorcorey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doctorcorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2011 at 6:20pm
  Call Zimmerman tractor salvage in central missouri. They're parting several 6g dozers/crawlers. I think you can use a turbo manifold and adapt/or fab a flange to fit the outlet. . Why not just go turbo if you're going to the trouble?
orangeman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2011 at 6:39pm
Yes: I originally posted the question on the muffler for the HD6, I did not follow up as I believe $800 for an exhaust is beyond unreasonable.   I would considered fabbing or checking the salvage places. 
bheston View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bheston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2011 at 10:57pm
Chris - If you have a chance to dig up a phone number it would be greatly appreciated. 

I found Zimmerman in Versailles, MO, I'll give them a call tomorrow. 

Orangeman, what did you end up doing on yours?

Thanks for the help and quick replies everyone! 
Matt (Jordan,MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt (Jordan,MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2011 at 12:28am

My cousin justt bought a HD6G. It is curently sitting in my yard as i have to get it running for him. It has a very good muffler on it. I was planing to take it off and use it as a pattren to make new ones. I don't know what they will sell for but it would be a lot less than $800.00. I should be getting to this project before the end of the year. If your interested in one let me know and when i get it done i will post some pics.    Matt  

Chris/CT View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris/CT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2011 at 4:44am
Card say's "new aftermarket exh. manifold for HD-6" w/344 eng. [ nothing about muffler?] call Ray  @ 330-223-1913, this was from 1 year ago maybe longer.
bheston View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bheston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2011 at 6:43am
Chris - Thanks for the number, I'll try Ray today. 

Matt - E-mail is in my profile, let me know what they want to get for that muffler, I could wait a while to get it if I know what it would cost to decide between muffler or new manifold.  

Thanks again for the help. 
Ifk621 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ifk621 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2023 at 5:48pm
I'm looking for an exhaust manifold and gaskets for my HD6E, any help is appreciated!

---TIA!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic